The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 06-27-2020, 04:41 PM   #1
Vegita-San
Emperor

TMNT OS Music- idea..

how come no artist has ever tracked down the original D-50 synthesizer used on the show and tried to re create the music that way?

I don't know how the suckers work, but I'm assuming that the show upgraded it's software sound each year, and that's how the music' evolved'. it shouldn't be that hard to duplicate the sound...

at least once you figure out the proper settings and pitch.

https://www.rolandcloud.com/catalog/legendary/d-50
Old 06-28-2020, 12:22 PM   #2
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
how come no artist has ever tracked down the original D-50 synthesizer used on the show and tried to re create the music that way?

I don't know how the suckers work, but I'm assuming that the show upgraded it's software sound each year, and that's how the music' evolved'. it shouldn't be that hard to duplicate the sound...

at least once you figure out the proper settings and pitch.

https://www.rolandcloud.com/catalog/legendary/d-50
Good news for you is that you're now speaking to a part-time musician who had downloaded this VST shortly after it first came out! For that matter, I had even made a popular script to import sounds for some of their other products!

Bad news: I'm not certain if I will put in the effort of recreating it, personally. Even if copyright wasn't a real thing, I just never was as wild about this show as I am about the 2003/4Kids series, not to mention I'm pretty sure the score wouldn't have been done entirely on this synthesizer (the synthesizer doesn't have any drum samples, for instance).

Still, good to know I'm not the only music geek here, and hopefully someone will be up for your idea, whether or not it's me.
Old 06-28-2020, 10:15 PM   #3
Vegita-San
Emperor

so, I was looking up info..

is this thing a purley virtual software plugin, or do you have to have a real machine to work it on?

https://youtu.be/5qeJaXMNvM8

9:50 sounds EXACTLY like the opening to 'Green With Jealousy' when the technodrome is shown.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:22 AM   #4
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

If you?re referring to the RolandCloud product, then it is purely software. Course, hardware would be recommended for performance purposes.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:54 AM   #5
Vegita-San
Emperor

even though i know nothing about creating music, and it is expensive, it might be fun to download and mess around with. at the very least, I'll have the technodrome sweet loop c demo