The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 01-25-2020, 10:44 AM   #521
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
I got a 2nd Donatello because of the fuss I was hearing about face spots being corrected.

My original, first issue, has very large fuzzy spots all over the chin, cheeks, top.

The new one has no spots whatsoever.

Aren't both of these wrong? Shouldn't it have just a few small scattered spots like the others?
The one without the spots was the second batch after people complaining about the spots of the first batch Don's. I had the one with spots but I sold it and bought the one without spots. I like the one without far more.

To answer your question: nope, the second one has not even a few spots.
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 02:25 PM   #522
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaDoMic View Post
Yeah, agree with you 100%. 1/4 and 7". Turns out 7" sells better than 1/4. It's not logical to release figures in 1/4 which are already released in 7". But indeed, you never know. However, I'm very tired of waiting, hoping and praying like a child. They should have announced Splinter by now. But let's wait for Toy Fair. Yep, I watch Pixel Dan's videos always. I don't really like how over enthousiastic he is and a real pleaser (off course also for free stuff and getting them fast for promotional purposes) but his vlogs are nice in terms of interviewing and showing relevant stuff.

I still see not releasing Casey and Splinter as very big missed oppertunities...
I don't really care about April, Tatsu, Tokka and Rahzar. April is not interesting enough and I only like the 1990 movie which has the best suits and faces, is the most serious, and has the darkest, most realistic tone as far as you can speak of realism hahah.
Oh totally, 1990 is where it's at ... but I've always been a sucker for Tokka and Rahzar as characters since I was a kid and having a company like NECA work on them is going to be crazy good. Plus, I think they'll look really great standing alongside the 1990 Turtles. I can see them eventually scaling those two to 1/4th scale WAY down the line at some point.

But yeah, we'll have to see what comes up around Toy Fair and if anything gets announced. I'm a pretty big Pixel Dan fan actually. Like Anthony Fantano (a.k.a. the Needle Drop) when it comes to music, I like Dan's opinions and point of view when it comes to figures. Ran into him once at the Toy Man show in St. Louis and he was really nice.

Again, since Pennywise [2017] and Micheal Meyers [2018] were eventually scaled up to 1/4th after being released in 7", nothing is really off the table unless Randy gets a valid reason. I'm sure they can move more product with 7" and that's understandably so.

Though if they do continue the 1/4th line, I'm certain you can bet that it'll be Casey Jones and Splinter they make next.
Old 01-25-2020, 05:31 PM   #523
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post

Again, since Pennywise [2017] and Micheal Meyers [2018] were eventually scaled up to 1/4th after being released in 7", nothing is really off the table unless Randy gets a valid reason. I'm sure they can move more product with 7" and that's understandably so.

Though if they do continue the 1/4th line, I'm certain you can bet that it'll be Casey Jones and Splinter they make next.
Amen! We will see
Old 01-25-2020, 06:44 PM   #524
xZAOx
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Damn you NECA:
https://mobile.twitter.com/neca_toys...00177657925633

Splinter 1/4 was everything I wanted. Even more than Shredder.
I'm waiting too, but note two things:

1. That's from over a year ago (Dec '1
2. Randy has, multiple times, said "X is not happening" to try to get people to buy the current Thing For Sale, only for the alternative to be announced even just a few months later.

It works for better sales, but NECA has been very untruthful for at least TMNT fans for yeeeeears. You can't really trust anything Randy says about the future - only what you see displayed.
xZAOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 07:46 AM   #525
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xZAOx View Post
I'm waiting too, but note two things:

1. That's from over a year ago (Dec '1
2. Randy has, multiple times, said "X is not happening" to try to get people to buy the current Thing For Sale, only for the alternative to be announced even just a few months later.

It works for better sales, but NECA has been very untruthful for at least TMNT fans for yeeeeears. You can't really trust anything Randy says about the future - only what you see displayed.
1. Fair point. Let's hope for Splinter next Toy Fair.
2. So technically Randy is always lying for the sake of more sales. Kinda weird when you think about it....
Old 01-31-2020, 09:25 AM   #526
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
2. So technically Randy is always lying for the sake of more sales. Kinda weird when you think about it....
I've pointed this out a few times but people don't seem bothered by it for some reason. I mean, NECA is putting out dream figures for a lot of people but blatantly lying to your customers/fans shouldn't be this acceptable.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 12:58 PM   #527
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
I've pointed this out a few times but people don't seem bothered by it for some reason. I mean, NECA is putting out dream figures for a lot of people but blatantly lying to your customers/fans shouldn't be this acceptable.
Indeed.

I think it's because of the competition. Neca has zero competition. Playmates is crap and for children. The figuarts Turtles aren't it for me (while I'm liking Figuarts figures quite a bit in general, like Bruce Lee, Hulk, Power Rangers etc.). I don't get the point of the Reaction and Super7 figures. So yeah Neca could do and say whatever they want. They know the real collectors will always buy their stuff
Old 02-26-2020, 05:42 PM   #528
bwwd
Hench Mutant

I bought big raph and skipped others in 1/4 , without being sure that small ones were coming, so either way im happy, i dont get those commetns, if i would of bought all 4 big neca turtles and would want only small ones, i would.... let me think what i would.... hmmmm...
SELL BIG ONES.PROBLEM SOLVED.STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT WEIRD STUFF.
Marketing is important for neca and i dont care what they say ( smaller ones not coming or coming or whatever) cause if i like what they released at the moment then i buy that, stuff is out there to buy and i make my decision, i dont like it i dont buy.I change my mind i sell it.
Some people act like they were cheated and had to own big neca tmnt's forever.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:06 PM   #529
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwwd View Post
I bought big raph and skipped others in 1/4 , without being sure that small ones were coming, so either way im happy, i dont get those commetns, if i would of bought all 4 big neca turtles and would want only small ones, i would.... let me think what i would.... hmmmm...
Marketing is important for neca and i dont care what they say ( smaller ones not coming or coming or whatever) cause if i like what they released at the moment then i buy that, stuff is out there to buy and i make my decision, i dont like it i dont buy.I change my mind i sell it.
What a stupid comment. 1:4 started it all and Neca was able to make all this stuff because of the succes of the 1:4 figures. It opened much doors for them. So yes, it's feels like cheating they bring out more figures in 7" now and also earlier than 1:4. Those blasted 7" figures! I honestly don't see why people prefer them over the big ones. I prefer the 1:4 and I don't want 2 lines based on the same movie/show. So that's why it's bothering me that Splinter and Casey still haven't been announced/produced. I reserved a spot for Splinter on my bookcases for Christ sake!
Old 02-27-2020, 05:29 AM   #530
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I don't get the complaining either. I have both the 1:4 and the 7". The 1:4 are cool, but I love the 7". But I'm not bitter about buying the 1:4s. I consider them the necessary investment to get 7". I've thought about moving on my 1:4s, but I would keep trenchcoat Raph, AND I'd BUY a 1:4 Casey if they made him.

Buy what you want, sell what you don't, and appreciate that NECA have done what they had to do to bring us the best 1990 figures that have ever been... in two scales!
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 05:56 AM   #531
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
I’d agree that the temperature in the toy thread has become manic with complaints and personal anecdotes. These companies will sell you a product, if it makes sense for them to produce, business-wise. Simple as that. They don’t owe anyone anything and the fortunate/unfortunate truth is they don’t owe you certain products based off what they have previously sold you. If a Big Splinter justifies itself, on a business level, it will be produced and sold. If not, it won’t. Not to be too harsh, but reserved shelf space is not a reason for Neca to produce these. Nor is the fact that some of us have previously supported what they were able to justify with the line.

I wouldn’t jump in the convo just to tell people to stop venting about their desires, but the insults and toxic behavior over toys is crude and embarrassing.

I’m more sensitive to the frustration at Neca’s constant lies about product. At the same time, again, it’s a business, and if they can’t figure out a way to run the turtle like in a way that’s profitable enough for them, it isn’t going to happen. So I give them some leeway there, despite also being annoyed by it.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote