The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 03-20-2019, 07:24 PM   #61
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
Fair enough, but the kids themselves weren't the real focus here. Honestly, I don't really care if little Billy peed his pants during the Mikey vs. Splinter fight or not. You weren't supposed to go "Oh no, not the children!" Instead, the twist put emphasis on Splinter's character and his growth. He started conflict over wanting to protect them from Karai in the same way that Mikey started conflict over wanting to protect them from HIM. This was a HUGE step for Splinter, and while it wasn't necessarily the most bombastic thing they could've gone with, it was just an absolutely amazing way to utilize characters.
Really good point, man. I just really hate that Splinter is choosing these human kids over protecting his own kids. He KNOWS this will mean war.

Me, personally? I'll sacrifice a handful of kids I DON'T know to protect the kids that are MINE.

I guess I hadn't even thought about it in terms of Splinter's character growth, because I'm reacting to it as a fellow father watching Splinter screw up and shaking my head, saying "Ya done fvcked up, Yoshi, and your kids are gonna pay the price."
Old 03-20-2019, 09:08 PM   #62
martinitolove
Foot Soldier

Don't forget we have Leatherhead and Hun on the loose. As well as Null and her scorpion and snake mutants. I suppose that they'll drop in at some points of the storyline.

And I'm sure that now Karai will ally herself with Kitsune, Manmoth with the TMNT (remember his fight against EPF), Foot with Baxter.

I suppose that the next step for Karai will be - before the fightings starts - to offer the Foot members to switch to her "legitimate" side. This will result in most members switching, Jennika beeing killed, and Splinter reverting to Hamato clan's master. The Foot clan, that will ally itself with Baxter will be Karai's.

And we'll see some interaction between Kitsune and her creation Ocho. Then at 100 Shredder returns as a temporarily good guy and unite EVERYONE against the Dragon.
martinitolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:41 PM   #63
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Hm, I also forgot Karai recruited Bebop/Rocksteady again at the end of their mini, I wonder when she'll "debut" them back in New York. She basically has 5 mutant like creatures with her, the woman, and maybe her own clan.
The way Karai was at the end of that mini (wanting to take over New York) compared to how she was prior to this issue (wanting to do a peaceful negotiation) makes me believe that the whole epilogue to B&R Hit the Road was meant to take place during City at War. Hopefully, things will become a bit clearer on that front as the story progresses.
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:42 PM   #64
DrReagan
Mouser

Today I feel kind of ashamed to be a Karai fan.

Splinter was happily giving her control of the foot clan, and all she had to do was promise not to turn a bunch of kids into child soldiers, and that she wouldn't KILL them, and she couldn't do that.

We're really seeing that she is A LOT more like her Grandfather then we've been shown thus far and it's very disheartening...
DrReagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:55 PM   #65
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggio View Post
The way Karai was at the end of that mini (wanting to take over New York) compared to how she was prior to this issue (wanting to do a peaceful negotiation) makes me believe that the whole epilogue to B&R Hit the Road was meant to take place during City at War. Hopefully, things will become a bit clearer on that front as the story progresses.
I've started to think so too. She had no reason to recruit them before all of this, knowing how unstable they are as assets. It's a deliberate wartime measure.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 02:41 AM   #66
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Wait, it keeps getting mentioned that Karai re-recruited Bebop and Rocksteady. When did that happen? I checked Hit the Road #5 and I didn't see it there, and that was Bebop and Rocksteady's last appearance.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 03:10 AM   #67
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
Wait, it keeps getting mentioned that Karai re-recruited Bebop and Rocksteady. When did that happen? I checked Hit the Road #5 and I didn't see it there, and that was Bebop and Rocksteady's last appearance.
Last page in Hit the Road #5 (epiloge)
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 05:12 AM   #68
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinitolove View Post
Don't forget we have Leatherhead and Hun on the loose. As well as Null and her scorpion and snake mutants. I suppose that they'll drop in at some points of the storyline.
Well Leatherhead is pretty much just by himself, he wants revenge on Utroms, so he really doesn't have much of a place in this story even if he appears. I'm sure Null won't appear at all till post issue 100.

As for Hun I'd like to see him team up with Casey again unless he gets killed off, which may very well happen.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 06:43 AM   #69
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Really good point, man. I just really hate that Splinter is choosing these human kids over protecting his own kids. He KNOWS this will mean war.

Me, personally? I'll sacrifice a handful of kids I DON'T know to protect the kids that are MINE.

I guess I hadn't even thought about it in terms of Splinter's character growth, because I'm reacting to it as a fellow father watching Splinter screw up and shaking my head, saying "Ya done fvcked up, Yoshi, and your kids are gonna pay the price."
That's fair enough, but, again, I feel like it's showcasing Splinter's development, because just issues ago, he WAS acting the same. Remember the Invasion of Triceratons? Splinter was fully willing to let the Triceratons die because he didn't want his own sons in the battlefield. Yet again, we have an example of his character growth, because the Turtles showed him they're not children anymore. He's learned from them.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:43 AM   #70
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
As well as Null and her scorpion and snake mutants. I suppose that they'll drop in at some points of the storyline.
You know, I was thinking about Null and her mutants after what you wrote, martinintolove, and remembered that last we saw Zodi (in the short "Nobody Cares") she seemingly got placed into EPF custody thanks to Angel. Maybe whenever Bishop starts in on the fight, Zodi will be an EPF operative.
Old 03-21-2019, 08:05 AM   #71
Igglet

Also, can I just say that Jennika was a badass? She appeared for, like, one panel, but she was an absolute madlass in it.
Old 03-21-2019, 08:09 AM   #72
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I've started to think so too. She had no reason to recruit them before all of this, knowing how unstable they are as assets. It's a deliberate wartime measure.
The way that mini ended, to me, at first didn't seem to make sense. Bebop and Rocksteady were unconscious and at the mercy of the remaining EPF soldiers on the bridge. Then, they're coming to in the middle of a street in New York with no EPF in sight. When I read that, to me it left me with many questions. Now things, at least to me, are becoming a little bit clearer. Maybe Bebop and Rocksteady (and Anchovy) were taken into EPF custody and then released to be used as some sort of Trojan Horse.
Old 03-21-2019, 08:41 AM   #73
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
You know, I was thinking about Null and her mutants after what you wrote, martinintolove, and remembered that last we saw Zodi (in the short "Nobody Cares") she seemingly got placed into EPF custody thanks to Angel. Maybe whenever Bishop starts in on the fight, Zodi will be an EPF operative.
Where was this? I'm drawing a blank.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:45 AM   #74
martinitolove
Foot Soldier

Quote:
I have a feeling that the less we await Null and her mutants beeing a part of City at War, the surer they will be there. Null needs to become a treat and here is a venue for that.
martinitolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 10:41 AM   #75
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Where was this? I'm drawing a blank.
Back-up short to TMNT Universe #23
Old 03-21-2019, 10:53 AM   #76
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Back-up short to TMNT Universe #23
Oh... Thanks! I guess I did too good a job trying to forget all about that issue.
Old 03-21-2019, 01:48 PM   #77
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
Last page in Hit the Road #5 (epiloge)
I can't believe that there was a page I missed this whole time. There were so many ads in between it and the other last page that I never flipped all the way to the end. Don't I feel silly now. Thanks by the way!
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 01:57 PM   #78
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
I can't believe that there was a page I missed this whole time. There were so many ads in between it and the other last page that I never flipped all the way to the end. Don't I feel silly now. Thanks by the way!
Almost happened to me as well!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 02:22 PM   #79
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Look on the bright side, this way you at least read it in (the most likely) chronological order.
Old 03-21-2019, 02:51 PM   #80
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
I have a feeling that the less we await Null and her mutants beeing a part of City at War, the surer they will be there. Null needs to become a treat and here is a venue for that.
Null has never appeared in the main series to date, I wouldn't be surprised if she is postponed to post issue 100 just like with Ch'rell. Might as well save two villains for later as they wrap up all the current plotlines.

Seems Karai, Bishop/Metalhead and the Pantheon/return of Shredder are the big priorities now.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote