The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 06-16-2020, 07:12 AM   #301
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
Anyone know how to use a controller with this game? I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and have installed the drivers and can confirm that my computer recognizes the controller, but the game doesn't seem to recognize it.
You will likely have to use the keyboard initially to configure your gamepad using the game's menu.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 07:18 AM   #302
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
You will likely have to use the keyboard initially to configure your gamepad using the game's menu.
I have controllers enabled, but beyond that I don't remember seeing any other options. I'll take a second look, I guess.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 07:27 AM   #303
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I have controllers enabled, but beyond that I don't remember seeing any other options. I'll take a second look, I guess.
you have to set your controller up, enter the buttons for that command up down left right start ect...

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 08:26 AM   #304
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Hey guys... I got to the Krang robot at the end but DID NOT beat it. Somehow I've unlocked arcade mode and all characters in the game. Is that supposed to happen?
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 10:43 PM   #305
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Any idea if there is a good way to get this on a console
Old 06-28-2020, 08:16 PM   #306
sdp
-

Quote:
Anyone know how to use a controller with this game? I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and have installed the drivers and can confirm that my computer recognizes the controller, but the game doesn't seem to recognize it.
I have the same problem with my 360 USB controller, was never able to get it to work, did you find a work around ?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 08:03 AM   #307
Hawkeye
Random Punk

Anyone have any way to troubleshoot this problem?

If I play the game on my PC, the resolution is perfect and plays greatly. However, on my laptop, the resolution is messed. If I change settings in game, it gets even more messed up. The other two OpenBor games I have (one is Powers Rangers by the same creator), work perfectly on PC and laptop. My very confused.
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 09:32 AM   #308
mikey0
Foot Elite

This game is perfect for fans of the vintage Playmates toyline.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 12:13 PM   #309
Nickokapo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

If I play the game on my PC, the resolution is perfect and plays greatly. However, on my laptop, the resolution is messed. If I change settings in game, it gets even more messed up. The other two OpenBor games I have (one is Powers Rangers by the same creator), work perfectly on PC and laptop. My very confused.
Hmmm...can you try going to the "PAK" folder inside the Rescue-Palooza folder, find the .pak extension file, copy it, go then to the Power rangers folder, enter its PAK folder, and paste it?Then when you start up Openbor.exe from the power rangers folder, it may give you a choice between either 2 games from a list.
Try Rescue-Palooza, and if it works, it may use the same video configuration, or you may be able to modifty it in the options just as you did the power rangers one.

If not, let me know and i can send the openbor site with several older versions and you can try moving the .pak file into their folders and see which one will let you configure the full screen by trial and error.
Old 09-27-2020, 01:55 PM   #310
Nelson
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

Did you try this?

Quote:
TROUBLESHOOTING
Screen is cut off on the top and bottom:
right click on the EXE file, go to Properties, Compatibility tab, click the
"Change high DPI settings", check "Override high DPI scaling behavior", and pick "Application" from the drop down
menu.

Play! * Follow! * Support!
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 06:09 PM   #311
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

New video that reviews Rescue Palooza. I thought I would share it with the Drome.
Old 02-15-2021, 06:11 PM   #312
Leo656
The Franchise

Why do Don and Raph both look totally disgusted and/or horrified by April's cleavage in that thumbnail shot? Jesus Christ, guys, she doesn't dress like that because she DOESN'T want attention. Get a grip!

At least Mike has the good sense to look overjoyed. As he should.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 09:41 PM   #313
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Why do Don and Raph both look totally disgusted and/or horrified by April's cleavage in that thumbnail shot? Jesus Christ, guys, she doesn't dress like that because she DOESN'T want attention. Get a grip!

At least Mike has the good sense to look overjoyed. As he should.
IDK Don has a 'don't let her catch you staring, don't let her catch you staring' look on his face. Raph though does look annoyed, like 'Geez April, put those away'.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 12:34 PM   #314
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Are more updates planned for this game? I still love it and am so very happy it was put together.

People excited for the just announced TMNT: Shredder's Revenge should play this in the meantime if they haven't.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 06:50 AM   #315
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Yep I'm trying out the retro games like TMNT Arcade, TMNT 2, TMNT 3: Manhattan Project, Turtles in Time and now this.

All I can say so far is that Rescue Palooza is the best 2D TMNT game because it mixes some of the levels/moves from the past games, the voices are from the actual show and playing as Irma cracks me up Her attack is stomping her feet and she can turn into a superhero?? (did she get super power in one of the episodes?). April's super move is the most powerful I reckon, just snap a pic and everyone gets attacked no matter where you are

Also I noticed some difference from the demo and current version. When rescuing April in her apartment, the demo version has Rocksteady as the only boss but in the current one has both Bebop & Rocksteady to my surprise! They knocked one of my life too After winning, Shredder appeared and April knocked him away with her mic (this was missing from the demo too). I adore both versions.

This is truly a labor of love and I'm really grateful to Nelson & everyone involved. It also makes me wanna watch the OT toon beyond Season 1 because I don't really know many of the characters/stories

This game should keep me entertained while waiting for Shredder's Revenge.

Last edited by Shark_Blade; 03-14-2021 at 09:50 AM.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 09:10 AM   #316
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Yep I'm trying out the retro games like TMNT Arcade, TMNT 2, TMNT 3: Manhattan Project, Turtles in Time and now this.

All I can say so far is that Rescue Palooza is the best 2D TMNT game because it mixes some of the levels/moves from the past games, the voices are from the actual show and playing as Irma cracks me up Her attack is stomping her feet and she can turn into a superhero?? (did she get super power in one of the episodes?). April's super move is the most powerful I reckon, just snap a pic and everyone gets attacked no matter where you are

Also I noticed some difference from the demo and current version. When rescuing April in her apartment, the demo version has Rocksteady as the only boss but in the current one has both Bebop & Rocksteady to my surprise! They knocked one of my life too After winning, Shredder appeared and April knocked him away with her mic (this was missing from the demo too). I adore both versions.

This is truly a labor of love and I'm really grateful for everyone involved. It also makes me wanna watch the OT toon beyond Season 1 because I don't really know many of the characters/stories

This game should keep me entertained while waiting for Shredder's Revenge.
Yep, There's an episode called Super Irma which is from Season 6 of FW TMNT.
https://turtlepedia.fandom.com/wiki/Super_Irma

Last edited by TigerClaw; 03-14-2021 at 09:16 AM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 09:39 AM   #317
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Thanks for the info TigerClaw!

I’m at Shredder and Krang final(?) boss fight. With only 1 life left it’s kinda hard as I’ve died twice now. I’m gonna quit here for now, it’s been a real fun journey so far.
Old 03-14-2021, 11:13 PM   #318
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

So my computer recognizes my switch pro controller but I can’t get the game to register the dpad or stick as movements. And all my other buttons are labeled weird. Any tips?
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 08:14 PM   #319
Shark_Blade
Emperor

So I started watching OT toon, having finished Season 1 and now starting Season 2.

I just realised at the construction site, those weak one-hit-KO enemies disguised as the turtles wearing paper bag are the same criminal boys from the dojo in Return of the Shredder.

Spoiler:

The attention to detail is impressive. I love discovering these little gems!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMan View Post
So my computer recognizes my switch pro controller but I can’t get the game to register the dpad or stick as movements. And all my other buttons are labeled weird. Any tips?
Haven’t tried using Switch pro controller but my Xbox controller connects just fine. Have you tried assigning each button manually?
Old 03-16-2021, 10:49 AM   #320
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
So I started watching OT toon, having finished Season 1 and now starting Season 2.

I just realised at the construction site, those weak one-hit-KO enemies disguised as the turtles wearing paper bag are the same criminal boys from the dojo in Return of the Shredder.

The attention to detail is impressive. I love discovering these little gems!

Haven’t tried using Switch pro controller but my Xbox controller connects just fine. Have you tried assigning each button manually?
I did I can’t seem to get movement assigned to the dpad or stick.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan game, remix