The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 03-20-2020, 08:18 AM   #1
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

I've seen a lot of people get hyped for this and I've never played an Animal Crossing game before so is it worth hyping up? Do you plan on playing it?

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 08:26 AM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place

Supposedly gonna receive my copy today, though Amazon warned of a potential delay.

I had like, a problem, almost, with the last title, New Leaf. I was legit addicted to it. I don't think that's gonna happen this time around, but the series has that effect on its fans. Hard to say if it's worth the hype or not, I think AC is a series you are either hot or cold on, so it'd depend on whether or not you can get into this fun little slice of life social simulator thing. Probably a great title to drop during this period of quarantined isolation.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 07:28 PM   #3
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Supposedly gonna receive my copy today, though Amazon warned of a potential delay.
You messed up, man. Animal Crossing is like, the one game you would want digitally.
Old 03-20-2020, 07:53 PM   #4
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
You messed up, man. Animal Crossing is like, the one game you would want digitally.
My partner pre-ordered copies for us both as a surprise, + they're a huge game collector so you know how that is.

My copy did not come today. Here's hoping it shows up tomorrow.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 10:49 PM   #5
Roseangelo
Emperor

I got it. I would usually get the physical game, but switched to digital when they announced that your save is literally tied to one device. I had preordered through Amazon, but was glad to be able to start up my relationship with Tom Nook last night at 9pm.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 10:57 PM   #6
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Mine should arrive soon. Local shop has a copy and is sending one to me.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 07:24 PM   #7
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I got mine on Friday but haven't had much time to play around, I just paid my first mortgage, only two villagers and will get the museum soon. I hope I can pole vault over rivers soon, I'm confined to a very small spot in the island, it's getting very crowded with just Nook, me, the two villagers and now the museum, no more space for anything else.

my friend code: SW 1592 3080 9631
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 10:46 AM   #8
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I got mine on Friday but haven't had much time to play around, I just paid my first mortgage, only two villagers and will get the museum soon. I hope I can pole vault over rivers soon, I'm confined to a very small spot in the island, it's getting very crowded with just Nook, me, the two villagers and now the museum, no more space for anything else.

my friend code: SW 1592 3080 9631
My code is SW-4228-3597-5693. You should be able to craft the pole if you have the museum already. You get the ability to craft that beforehand.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:18 AM   #9
Btown
Hench Mutant

My wife and daughter been playing this hard since release day due to world events, I finally joined in with them this weekend. It's been a blast to play this weekend. All 3 of us travel and visit each others Islands. They both have apples however I lucked out with Cherry's. I had to look high and low to find a QR code (that would work) so that I could have a TMNT shirt. The good one I found wouldnt work for us. Next I'm gonna try to get shell design so I can customize my phone with it and have a shell phone/communicator.

As someone that's never played an Animal Crossing game before, this has been enjoyable.
Old 04-13-2020, 07:01 PM   #10
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Don't like it at all, I've hated how the franchise has moved to more and more customizing the town however you like. What made the original game so unique is you lived life and had little control over it, no goals, nothing. Now it feels more like a mobile game with all the stuff you have to do to progress. Characters have also lost personality despite having more dialog as well.

Bunny day felt like a mobile game event, and now I feel all holidays will be crap like that. And no "playing without customizing" doesn't work, the game is not designed to be played like that, it's not the same even if you try to.Oh well.

Last edited by sdp; 04-13-2020 at 07:11 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 04:36 PM   #11
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

This is pretty much my go to stay inside game. How many villagers do you guys have on your island so far? I just got a sixth person to move.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 06:34 PM   #12
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Just got the game for my daughter, who's very excited about it. Looks whack.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 04-17-2020 at 01:19 AM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 10:39 AM   #13
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Today, I'm celebrating one of my villager's B-Day and it's pretty cute. Although only one other villager showed up. Is it possible to let other villagers know about to celebrate?
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 10:48 AM   #14
IMJ
Emperor

I don't understand the Animal Crossing thing... is this basically a game fad equivalent of what was going on with Pokemon on the Gameboy (Advance?) back in the late 90's?
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 06:59 PM   #15
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I don't understand the Animal Crossing thing... is this basically a game fad equivalent of what was going on with Pokemon on the Gameboy (Advance?) back in the late 90's?
Ah, yes. Pokemon was just a passing fad.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 07:25 PM   #16
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Haha, oh my God.
Old 04-25-2020, 11:23 PM   #17
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Haha, oh my God.
I'm sorry for being out of touch with the animal game zeitgeist. hahaha my God. Ya f'n Napolean Dynamites...
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 11:29 PM   #18
Turo602
The King of Kings

Animal Crossing just came around at the perfect time, unfortunately. Many people, myself included, who have never played an Animal Crossing game are finally coming around to the series.

It's currently the best selling Switch game, which shouldn't be taken lightly when games like Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros., and Pokemon have seen tremendous success on the console. It definitely doesn't hurt that the game is currently the talk of the internet either, which has been keeping the game in the forefront of the public consciousness.

While it is quite absurd to consider Pokemon a fad, I think the sudden explosion of popularity Animal Crossing is seeing right now is not too dissimilar from what happened with Pokemon Go, but in the complete reverse since everyone is staying indoors.

Though if I'm being honest, I have been coming around to the idea of playing an Animal Crossing game for a while now and the more personalized and creative aspect of New Horizons definitely hooked me. But really, the pandemic pretty much pushed me over the edge into buying it. At least so close to launch anyway. I've currently sunken in over 100 hours into the game.
Old 04-26-2020, 05:18 AM   #19
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I am sure Pokémon would pass one day. The fad is still going 20 years later, so that's one LONG fad.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 01:12 PM   #20
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Pokemon is literally the highest grossing franchise of all time. I know there are some retards here who like to dispute facts even when there are multiple sources, but it simply is. I have no idea why this constantly has to be brought up. People like to stay willfully ignorant, I guess.

Proof:
Spoiler:

https://www.titlemax.com/discovery-c...s-of-all-time/

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...ses-1028712444

https://screenrant.com/pokemon-highe...dia-franchise/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video...-live-pokemon/

Last edited by Cure; 04-26-2020 at 01:32 PM.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote