The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-05-2017, 03:55 PM   #41
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I'm gonna be dragged to see it Saturday. I guess I'll give my thoughts if i survive.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:03 PM   #42
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

How are you going to be dragged to see it?
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:15 PM   #43
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Seen a few first episodes. Not for me tbh, too tame. It needs to have more violence, blood and gore tbh.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:24 PM   #44
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Seen a few first episodes. Not for me tbh, too tame. It needs to have more violence, blood and gore tbh.
Odd that whats you would want to look for in a My Little Pony cartoon.

I'm not a part of the "Brony" fandom, but I enjoy the show for what it is. I'll be looking forward to this movie. Reminds me alot of Disney with the character designs, songs and tone.

I'm most excited for the Villain, she looks awesome.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:22 PM   #45
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

I've only seen a few episodes, but it always seemed like a well made series. Growing up, I had an unironic love for Powerpuff Girls and Totally Spies, even though those were also "girls' shows." One of my old roommates was an animation major who had a huge collection of the figurines.

I hope the film succeeds, given that it's a rare thing to see a 2D animated film get a theatrical release these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:37 PM   #46
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I'm not a part of the "Brony" fandom, but I enjoy the show for what it is. I'll be looking forward to this movie. Reminds me alot of Disney with the character designs, songs and tone.

^Pretty much, this.

For real! Emily Blunt does an amazing job!
Old 10-05-2017, 09:40 PM   #47
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I also like the show but do not consider myself a Brony.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:20 AM   #48
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Odd that whats you would want to look for in a My Little Pony cartoon.

Okay I may have exaggerated the blood and gore bit, but even Disney films have blood - for example Maleficent in dragon form stabbed with a sword.

MLP is too lovey dovey and friendship cotton candy imo. I dunno, I expect some action at least, this one is too much relying on soft magic. Sonic Boom had Shadow the Hedgehog kicking Tails' head resulting him thrown off into a dimension portal.

Sonic vs Shadow is cool too.

But for the fans, carry on.

I think I found my alternative to cute animals cartoon:

Old 10-06-2017, 12:24 AM   #49
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Okay I may have exaggerated the blood and gore bit, but even Disney films have blood - for example Maleficent in dragon form stabbed with a sword.

It's too lovey dovey and friendship cotton candy imo. I dunno, I expect some action at least, this one is too much relying on soft magic. Sonic Boom had Shadow the Hedgehog kicking Tails' head resulting him thrown off into a dimension portal.

Sonic vs Shadow is cool too.

But for the fans, carry on.
lol Shadow's voice in that video reminded me of one of Vegeta's voice in one of the DragonBall dubs.

I see your point regarding the show maybe not having action, its mostly about friendship and is quite lovey dovey. As much as I like the show, I do think it would've helped to have a constant villain to create a little tension. Even the old mlp animated show from the 80s had quite scary and hellish villains throughout the course of the show.

Not that I don't like the villains of this show, but I would've liked to see them more outside of the two part season premieres/finales. If you want to see more of the action esque episodes with villains, I recommend checking out the two part episodes that introduce and or focus on villains like Nightmare Moon, Discord, Queen Chrysalis, Starlight Glimmer etc.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:32 AM   #50
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Cheers!
Old 10-06-2017, 12:33 AM   #51
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:

I think I found my alternative to cute animals cartoon:

Now that is seriously Gory!

But does it compare to this?:

(WARNING: lots of Gore and Blood! View at own Discretion!!!!)

Old 10-06-2017, 02:06 AM   #52
Shark_Blade
Emperor

OMG that rocks! I got my wish hardcore MLP. The fandom is pretty amusing after all.
Old 10-06-2017, 05:49 AM   #53
Allio
Foot Elite

My mlp thing is I wish for a bit more underlying darkness. Kind of like the other little girls cartoon I enjoy.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:01 PM   #54
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
How are you going to be dragged to see it?
Got invited again and again AND AGAIN to join a friend to go see it and I'm too nice to say no. And he's buying my ticket anyway so whatever. I can still claim I never spend money on MLP XD.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 10-07-2017, 12:07 AM   #55
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I understand. Sorry to hear that. If you were a fan of the show, you likely wouldn't mind. I take it your friend is a fan, though.
Old 10-07-2017, 05:28 AM   #56
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Isn't your friend paying for your ticket, if so then what do you have to complain about. I can tell you that there are far worst movies to be forced to watch.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 06:11 AM   #57
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Oh he's a hUGE fan. Yeah, I'm sure I'll at least be entertained. Even I admit the animation is a huge step uo from the flash animation.

The only episodes he's showed me were about this evil pony. Like I guess her premiere episode, then fast forward to her retutn episode that featured time travel and her becoming one of the good guys in the end. So i know the weird flash animation.

I'll most likely be lost in the grand scheme of things but I'm sure he'll tell me the backstory of anything I wouldn't understand.

Old 10-07-2017, 02:15 PM   #58
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Oh he's a hUGE fan. Yeah, I'm sure I'll at least be entertained. Even I admit the animation is a huge step uo from the flash animation.

The only episodes he's showed me were about this evil pony. Like I guess her premiere episode, then fast forward to her retutn episode that featured time travel and her becoming one of the good guys in the end. So i know the weird flash animation.

I'll most likely be lost in the grand scheme of things but I'm sure he'll tell me the backstory of anything I wouldn't understand.
Oh, the ones with Starlight Glimmer! That's rather odd for him to show you those episodes as opposed to the first season.

I'd definitely would recommend maybe a few episodes of the first season over the others. You'll get more of a slapstick vibe that you wouldn't expect from a show like this.
Old 10-07-2017, 04:02 PM   #59
Coola Yagami
Overlord

The movie was alright. It was fun and inoffensive. It wasn't overly sickeningly cute and the songs weren't overly cutesy. I won't spoil things but I saw the whole final act coming from a mile away.

Old 10-07-2017, 04:04 PM   #60
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Oh, the ones with Starlight Glimmer! That's rather odd for him to show you those episodes as opposed to the first season.

I'd definitely would recommend maybe a few episodes of the first season over the others. You'll get more of a slapstick vibe that you wouldn't expect from a show like this.
I think at the time that was the season finale and he was super hyped and all 'OMG YOU JUST HAVE TO SEE THIS' but also showed me her first episodes for reference and bsckstory.