The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 08-22-2016, 04:50 PM   #261
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I tailor my writing playlist to what I'm working on. For fight scenes, I like heavy metal with a hard edge, especially if it has themes or lyrics about death or war. Savatage's Of Rage and War or Black Sabbath's Shot In the Dark are good examples. For romantic scenes, my go-to music is 80's love ballads like Journey's Open Arms, Foreigner's I Want to Know What Love Is, or anything along those lines. I have character-specific lists as well as "musical storyboard" lists that sort of follow along with the action of a particular story I'm working on. As an example, one particular playlist follows the general plot of Love Is Shell in a musical format- I think of it as like making soundtracks for my work.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 12:49 AM   #262
Allio
Foot Elite

so I wrote something for Disney's "new" show Star Darlings

http://archiveofourown.org/works/7864678
Old 08-26-2016, 04:20 PM   #263
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I'm starting to get back into writing my Truth and Lies series again so I hope to have chapters up for that soon. It feels good to get back into the swing of things.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 04:31 PM   #264
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Broke 400 pages. Still got an evening and all day tomorrow to crank out at least another chapter.

The novel is all downhill from here and has been for a couple of weeks. I should probably pick up a bottle of champagne for the final page...
Old 08-27-2016, 04:50 PM   #265
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Just posted chapter three of Game of Lies. Hope to get more out soon.

Old 08-27-2016, 07:16 PM   #266
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Congrats, Cy! Great to see it's going so well. I expect an autographed copy when it gets published, LOL!

Currently working on the latest chapter of LIS- hoping to get it finished by the end of the weekend. Nice to have two days off in a row to just relax and write. Meanwhile, I've got Star Trek TOS on for background noise- Kirk and Spock on an alien planet with Nazi rule. Hmm, I'm suddenly thinking of turtles time-travelling back to WWII Germany.... Are there any Dimension X analogs for Nazis? Could be interesting.

Old 08-27-2016, 07:32 PM   #267
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Congrats, Cy! Great to see it's going so well. I expect an autographed copy when it gets published, LOL!

Currently working on the latest chapter of LIS- hoping to get it finished by the end of the weekend. Nice to have two days off in a row to just relax and write. Meanwhile, I've got Star Trek TOS on for background noise- Kirk and Spock on an alien planet with Nazi rule. Hmm, I'm suddenly thinking of turtles time-travelling back to WWII Germany.... Are there any Dimension X analogs for Nazis? Could be interesting.
I remember that episode.

And thanks. A couple of my trusted beta readers are teachers, so as long as I have everything ready for them by Christmas break, I'm on schedule.
Old 08-28-2016, 07:28 AM   #268
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Sounds awesome, Cy. I hope it works out for you.

Also glad to see you getting into the swing of things, Duckie. Can't wait to read that chapter.

Old 09-06-2016, 10:20 PM   #269
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Ask and ye shall receive! New chapter is up, and it's getting tense in there!! Next up- Mikey's POV returns- with some....changes. Let's just say he's about to have a change of heart, and it WON'T be pretty.....

Here's the link to the new chapter. Enjoy!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9377718/29/Love-Is-Shell

Old 09-08-2016, 11:34 AM   #270
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Read and reviewed and loved it.

Posted a new chapter of my fic, too. Already have an idea for the next chapter though I don't know if I'll get it up before Monday when Dad's supposed to come home.

Old 09-08-2016, 11:44 AM   #271
Allio
Foot Elite

Working on a crossover idea of star darlings and areas ha Sentai Toqger

It will bring closure to one of the plot lines left by toqger

since I know no one here would be interested in reading it, here is a spoiled summary I am working with (it will be about a couple more weeks before I begin on it as I want to read Star Darlings book 10-12 to get a grasp on the characters.)

Summary:

Wish Orbs have start to disappear from Starland; not just any wish orbs, but impossible wish orbs - wishes that are on too much of a grand scale that not even Starlings can grant, the wish orbs that shines the brightest with the biggest hopes and dreams.

It is Prime Minister -self appointed- Nigrum, trying to restablish the shadow line, and not only bring darkness to earth, but to that of Starland and the other worlds in the universe. What does the Shadowline want with the Impossible wish orbs, the brightest things on starland?

Because Imagination and Wishes all stem from the same place, Lady Stella contacts The Galaxy Line in hope that they could get help in this dire situation.

The one day, five children from earth, no older than Sage’s little brothers, comes to Starling academy to help them. It’s the Toqgers

and so it’s the five children that once stopped the shadowline in the past, here on starland. As they try to figure things out and what to do about Prime Minister -self appointed- Nigrum and what he plans to do with the light, their interactions with the starlings are hilarious and cute.

Sage goes into big sister mode with the kids, some of the other starlings join in.
Kagura goes “SUPER GIRL” and beats Astra in a game of star ball, leaving the starling gawking.
Mio gets jealous (not knowing why) when the starlings talk about how cute Tokatti is.
Scarlet gets irritated when the other starlings starts talking to “Ticket” as if he was a real being, and pulls the puppet off of The Conductor’s hand, only for Ticket starts talking on her hand…she freaks out.
Etc…Etc…

and so, The Toqgers and Star Darlings find Prime Minister -self appointed- Nigrum, and fight to take back the impossible wishes and begone with the shadowline forever. but of course, that doesn’t go well…as a new shadow monster is created from the light of the Impossible wish orbs...a monster only called "Ba'al"

As the Toqgers and the Star Darlings are stricken down, and everything seemed lost. The impossible happens right there.

An ally shows up; someone no one, not child or starling, had expected to come and save them…

The Emperor of Darkness, Z

Last edited by Allio; 09-08-2016 at 09:18 PM.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 10:04 PM   #272
Allio
Foot Elite

Working on new book series

working on a new original book series, tweeking with the ideas right now; but hopefully I can work with something.

It's a core group five hero story, styled in "magical girls" as the group is composed of 4 main girls (with a 5th near the end) though instead of everyone is magical, everyone has one different source of powers.

Katelyn - Source: Humanity - Officer Kate is a police officer in her 30's; when the demons starts attacking humanity, she is chosen to use the power suit created to destroy them...lots of bullets, punching, and chain saws.

Jasmine - Source: Magic - age 14, she is the typical magical archetype, included with a mascot (a dog stuffed animal named Woofus -Woof!+Rufus) The demons had already destroyed the magical land that Woofus has come from, which the queen of said land had sent him to find a warrior to stop the demons.

"Sarah" - Source: Monster - age: unknown, the villain of the first book, she was supposedly destroyed by Jasmine and Officer Kate teaming up, but she awakens in a human form with no memory after being saved by a young man that found her. Living as a human, she begins to find the life something she wants and so when she does regain her memories, she chooses to fight for mankind's sake. As a demon, she can only eat human flesh, but to fight she chooses to become a cannibal and devour other demons...through this process, her powers begin to mutate, but she is slowly losing her mind as she chooses not to eat humans.

When waking up with amnesia, Sarah was the only name she remembered. It was the name of a human she had eaten.

Noir Schwarz - source: Alien - age: none, disguised as a human, Noir is an alien from a planet of darkness that exists on the edge of the universe, in a place where no light can reach it. Her race is a type that goes to other planets to help from the shadows, she has came to earth to fight the demons before they become a threat to universe.

The fifth character will be the physical embodiment of Earth itself, fighting for it's own life. She holds aggression towards Jasmine and Kate as humanity itself is also destroying the world. Throughout most of the series, she works as a third party, most of the time coming to head with not only the demons, but the other 4 women as well.

I'm only at concept for now.
Old 10-14-2016, 07:10 AM   #273
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Just finished a first draft of a thriller/slasher. It was my first time writing something with a partner; we work well together, but some of his dialogue gives me the cringe. Biting my tongue until we start the second draft
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 11:18 PM   #274
Allio
Foot Elite

another book series I have been tweeking with, it's magical girl inspired. Essentially, a prophecy exists about the final battle between light and darkness. If darkness wins, life will returned to the nothing ness and be reborn; if light wins, everything will burn away and be born again like a pheonix. essentially, whoever wins, we're *ucked

The story itself is about 2 sisters, a pair of twins. 1 girl is black, the other is white. They are kidnapped by a cult and recreated to be the incarnation of light and darkness. The white twin becomes the child of darkness, while the black twin becomes the being of light.
Old 10-21-2016, 12:14 AM   #275
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Ceres, PrincessUtorm, and I are in development on an Professor Obligado centered fan comic. The basic plot is that he, accompanied a beatnik-hippie linguist named Nalmar- goes across Utrominion searching for fragments of an an ancient tablet that was looted from an archeological site and scattered by the black market, in hopes of bringing it together and hopefully translating the as of yet unknown script.

The main idea though, is to explore Utrominion and Utrom society in a way that hasn't been fully examined. It combines universes, though is mostly a Mirage + IDW mix.

It would be done as a webcomic and posted a page at a time...once we have the whole story worked out. We'll take turns doing the art, but I'm mostly responsible for scripting, color, and adding text.
Old 10-22-2016, 11:32 AM   #276
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

That sounds interesting Utie. I want to see a link when you start getting it up! I love exploring side stories like that, and seeing the details of the "worlds" that different characters come from in various franchises whether it is the planet of the Utroms, elven culture in a fantasy series, or the history of Krypton or Atlantis.

Old 10-23-2016, 05:12 PM   #277
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, that does sound cool.

Been working on my own stuff though I'll have limited time. It is a good way to relieve the stress and for me to relax a bit as I did have a busy day today.

Old 10-24-2016, 08:21 PM   #278
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Spent the weekend working on the newest chapter of LIS, and managed to crank out three and a half pages. Go me! The chapter is coming along really well and it should be up soon. Can't wait to unleash this one!

Old 10-27-2016, 12:06 PM   #279
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Just posted up another chapter of a TMNT fan fic today. I'm so happy I was able to finish it and post it.

Old 12-12-2016, 09:29 AM   #280
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

God, I hate writing loglines. Hate it, hate it, hate it. It's definitely an art on its own, one of which I have zero talent for
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote