The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-06-2016, 07:32 AM   #101
X
Stone Warrior

I would easily double dip, and buy all seasons digitally if they would just release it on VUDU. Don't think you can watch Amazon Video anywhere, and if you can, you can't easily look for certain scenes. When you fast forward or rewind, it doesn't show you where you're at like VUDU does.

And, I would also triple dip on the 2K series if they would just release proper season sets with all episodes in order.
Old 02-07-2016, 05:46 PM   #102
veemonjosh
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
DVD sales are in the trash, unless a company like Shout Factory is interested we won't be getting any DVDs any time soon.
I believe Shout Factory did express interest a few years ago in releasing 2K3, but Nickelodeon told them the license wasn't for sale (likely because this was still early on in the Nickelodeon cartoon's life and they didn't want to create brand confusion). At least, I recall SF's Brian Ward mentioning this somewhere (I can't recall where though). So there's a chance they might get the license at some point.
veemonjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 11:21 AM   #103
Vicky82
Emperor

I've just been on ITunes (UK version) and the 2k3 toon, season 1 to 3 is now up.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 05:04 PM   #104
ABrown
Banned

In my rewatch of this series, I keep thinking about how the 17 VHS tapes that I have of episodes that were released from the first three seasons isn't going to be a long term option. Once my working VCRs (that are part of DVD/VCR combos) stop working, that'll probably be the end for my VHS collection. I do have all of the episodes that were released ONLY on DVD after the VHS market completed died. But it just occurred to me that purchasing the first three seasons from amazon is probably my best long term option to have all of the first six seasons of the show available for me to watch whenever I want. Shows being released on DVD is dying market, and Nickelodeon seems to have absolutely no interest in giving this series a proper DVD release. Looks like this series is probably going to end up being my first ever digital purchase of a show/movie.

Edit: Though it appears that the third season is still not available as a "season" set yet. It's only available as individuals episodes. That's frustrating cause it could be nice to have the first full three seasons to be able to watch digitally, and then I could watch seasons 4-6 on dvd.

Last edited by ABrown; 07-05-2017 at 09:18 AM.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:53 AM   #105
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Whats the resolution like in these streaming episodes? HD? And do they include the commercial break "1-2-3-4! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!" animations?
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:01 AM   #106
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Here's a post from earlier with all the specs.

Spoiler:

General
Format : Windows Media
File size : 424 MiB
Duration : 21mn 53s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 2 707 Kbps
Maximum Overall bit rate : 6 270 Kbps
Encryption : http://www.amazon.com/gp/video/licen...uXAObEyOY40Q==
Encoded date : UTC 2015-02-19 07:02:04.672
WM/ContentDistributor : Amazon.com
Amazon/ASIN : B00UFECWMK
Amazon/Type : Content

Video
ID : 2
Format : VC-1
Format profile : Advanced@L3
Codec ID : WVC1
Codec ID/Hint : Microsoft
Description of the codec : Windows Media Video 9 Advanced Profile
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 2 500 Kbps
Width : 640 pixels
Height : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 4:3
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Compression mode : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.339
Stream size : 391 MiB (92%)
Encryption : Encrypted

Audio
ID : 1
Format : WMA
Format profile : Pro
Codec ID : 162
Codec ID/Info : Windows Media Audio
Description of the codec : Windows Media Audio 10 Professional - 192 kbps, 48 kHz, 2 channel 24 bit 2-pass VBR
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 192 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 24 bits
Stream size : 30.0 MiB (7%)
Encryption : Encrypted

If you have no clue what any of it means, it's 4:3 fullscreen, standard definition, just like the DVDs. Bitrate (i.e. level of "quality") is lower than the DVDs though. Audio quality is the same as the DVDs, which were encoded at 192kbps (which is the lowest you're "allowed" to go if you're distributing media).
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:27 AM   #107
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Thanks for the info, man!

Sucks about the format, though. I'd love to see these get an HD release at some point and online streaming seems to be the best way for it to happen.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:22 AM   #108
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

I doubt the show was even produced in HD. Turtles Forever might have been, though.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:02 PM   #109
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Also take into consideration that it was also done in 4:3 aspect ratio. Any attempt to make it widescreen would either stretch it or cut stuff off.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 10:03 AM   #110
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Thanks for the info, man!

Sucks about the format, though. I'd love to see these get an HD release at some point and online streaming seems to be the best way for it to happen.
Actually, the quality is still pretty good for SD. It looked great when I was streaming the episodes on my PlayStation 3 with the Amazon Instant Video app. However, some of the episodes had strange visual glitches and freezes in them, so I don't know if all of those have been fixed since they were first released in 2015.

Also, Season 3 on Amazon is a rip off because you can't buy all the episodes for $20, only individually for $1.99. I emailed their support a while back, and they said it would be the decision of the content owner (Viacom) to price it that way, when every other digital store like iTunes has it at the normal price. They said they would fix it, but that was in August, 2016.
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 03:52 PM   #111
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Shredder View Post
Actually, the quality is still pretty good for SD. It looked great when I was streaming the episodes on my PlayStation 3 with the Amazon Instant Video app.
Yeah I was fine with standard definition until I got an 80" television that I sit about 9 feet away from. Now I need everything in HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
Also take into consideration that it was also done in 4:3 aspect ratio. Any attempt to make it widescreen would either stretch it or cut stuff off.
Oh I wouldn't want to change the 4:3 aspect ration. Just clean up the image itself. Once you start trying to reframe things you end up in another Buffy nightmare.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:43 PM   #112
Time Mistress
Stone Warrior

I just want the full show available in order on DVD or digitally so I can show it to some friends. Why is that too much to ask?

"You just made your last mistake, Bugeyes -- 'cuz nobody beats up my best buddy and gets away with it -- Nobody! Got that?!"
Raphael about Michaelangelo, TMNT Volume 1
Time Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 04:28 PM   #113
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Completeness is an issue for all of the iterations. Recently trying to buy the OT on iTunes and amazon and they are irritating and missing some episodes
Old 12-26-2017, 01:48 PM   #114
ABrown
Banned

So on amazon, I now own all of season one, all of season two, as well as the episodes that were on the original 3.1 - 3.3 releases. Those are the episodes that I had originally bought on VHS back in 2003-2005. The other season three episodes, through the end of the Fast Forward episodes, I can watch on DVD. I just have to break out the VHS tapes for the Back To The Sewer episodes since they were never released on DVD.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 02:30 PM   #115
CyberCubed
Overlord

Just watch the whole show on youtube.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 02:43 PM   #116
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Just watch the whole show on youtube.
But that won't incentivise a full official release, watch the Amazon release and the rest on YT.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 01:18 PM   #117
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

I was browsing Amazon recently and noticed that it has finally added an option to buy all of Season 3 for $19.99 instead of $52 by buying the episodes individually, when iTunes and Google Play had that option the day it was released. I wonder what's taking the rest of the seasons so long, given that the social media pages have been giving the show more attention lately.
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:30 PM   #118
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Shredder View Post
I was browsing Amazon recently and noticed that it has finally added an option to buy all of Season 3 for $19.99 instead of $52 by buying the episodes individually, when iTunes and Google Play had that option the day it was released. I wonder what's taking the rest of the seasons so long, given that the social media pages have been giving the show more attention lately.
I noticed the same thing on the Microsoft Marketplace today. Each of the first three seasons is priced at $19.99 each, with option of $2 per single episode:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/se...kgx09r5z4/0004

I really wish it was on UlraVoilet/VUDU!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 07-18-2018 at 09:21 AM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:56 AM   #119
Zog
Hench Mutant

Good to hear about Amazon, I will probably get in on these now. I am really hoping they just release a complete series set one day.
Zog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 05:02 PM   #120
Shark_Blade
Emperor

All this time and still Season 4-6 are not released yet on iTunes.

What are they doing?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote