The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-29-2017, 02:49 PM   #101
sdp
Megan Fox = April

T-Infinity sounds so cool, now that would be a movie I could get behind.

I remember the T2 3D ride at Universal, it was alright, I went to it a few times.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 01:36 AM   #102
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
T-5000 is legit, too, though. That was SkyNET in the movie, played by Dr Who.
Matt Smith bro

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 03:58 PM   #103
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
T-5000 is legit, too, though. That was SkyNET in the movie, played by Dr Who.
Yeah, Skynet transferred its consciousness to a T-5000, so he was the physical embodiment of Skynet itself.
http://terminator.wikia.com/wiki/Alex
Old 10-02-2017, 04:11 PM   #104
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Yeah, Skynet transferred its consciousness to a T-5000, so he was the physical embodiment of Skynet itself.
http://terminator.wikia.com/wiki/Alex
That was pretty dumb. They did almost the exact same thing with SkyNET and Helena Bonham Carter in "Salvation."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 05:40 PM   #105
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

More from James Cameron:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/cameron-...return-timing/

“I just feel like the world we live in now is going to be very much defined by our co-evolution with our technology. While technology and innovation have this vast promise for our survival, it’s also an enormous threat, especially when it comes to strong [artificial intelligence] being coupled with weaponised robotics, and that’s all coming. It’s just a question of who gets there first, it’s gonna be the next big arms race, it’s gonna be like the next race to get the bomb.

And when you couple that with the kind of wired world that we live in, where we’ve basically given away our privacy and every single person walking around that’s got a smartphone is essentially a belled cat — a walking sensor platform that can be monitored from afar — it’s like we’re really on the cusp of an Orwellian Armageddon of inconceivable proportions. Therefore, I thought, hey, let’s make a movie about that. So it’s going to be a very cheerful and upbeat kind of film.”

“It’s the first of three, the story is mapped out over a three-film arc, but again, if we don’t make any money there isn’t gonna be a two and a three.”
Old 11-27-2017, 05:55 PM   #106
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I thought they were going to film all of them together and that they were going to be released annually after the first sequel came out. I hope it does well, I want to go back to Pandora and see another movie, I did not like the original all that much and got dogpiled for having an opinion on it but now that most people are against it I kind of want to see more of it.

Also didn't Cameron add a fifth movie, I remember him saying there was going to be a fourth Avatar sequel but maybe I'm confusing it with just a "fourth" avatar and not a 4th sequel.

edit: oh I think they're talking about terminator and not Avatar there

Last edited by sdp; 11-27-2017 at 06:16 PM.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:02 PM   #107
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
More from James Cameron:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/cameron-...return-timing/

“I just feel like the world we live in now is going to be very much defined by our co-evolution with our technology. While technology and innovation have this vast promise for our survival, it’s also an enormous threat, especially when it comes to strong [artificial intelligence] being coupled with weaponised robotics, and that’s all coming. It’s just a question of who gets there first, it’s gonna be the next big arms race, it’s gonna be like the next race to get the bomb.

And when you couple that with the kind of wired world that we live in, where we’ve basically given away our privacy and every single person walking around that’s got a smartphone is essentially a belled cat — a walking sensor platform that can be monitored from afar — it’s like we’re really on the cusp of an Orwellian Armageddon of inconceivable proportions. Therefore, I thought, hey, let’s make a movie about that. So it’s going to be a very cheerful and upbeat kind of film.”

“It’s the first of three, the story is mapped out over a three-film arc, but again, if we don’t make any money there isn’t gonna be a two and a three.”
That's interesting considering, that Salvation and Genisys were originally being setup as a Trilogy.

He should do a Terminator movie, that gives us some closure, and try not to repeat what happened last time, cause history is repeating itself with these movies.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:19 AM   #108
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

https://www.abacusnews.com/big-guns/...pr18_US_abacus

Gah, it sounds like there is a major Chinese money going into this movie. Just like Pacific Rim 2, just like The Meg, so forth and so on. You know what this means:

1. PG-13.
2. Lots of Chinese side characters.
3. A Chinese hero or heroine will rise up at some point.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:22 AM   #109
CyberCubed
Overlord

Can't believe we're on the 3rd, or 4th, failed Terminator reboot attempt. I mean there's only so many times you can try to reboot the series after Terminator 2 that you should just throw in the towel and realize it wasn't meant to be.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 11:51 AM   #110
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Why would you count Terminator 3 as a reboot? Sure it retcons the ending of Terminator 2 but T2 retconned the ending of T1 as well. Are you counting the TV show as a reboot? I'd only consider Genysis a reboot of sorts but it's really more of an alternate timeline and with the terminator's vague use of time travel all movies and shows can be canon.

I want this to be another trilogy setup that fails so we can have the glorious trilogy of failed trilogies.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:52 AM   #111
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Why would you count Terminator 3 as a reboot? Sure it retcons the ending of Terminator 2 but T2 retconned the ending of T1 as well. Are you counting the TV show as a reboot?

I want this to be another trilogy setup that fails so we can have the glorious trilogy of failed trilogies.
There have been zero Terminator reboots so far -- the closest we have seen is "Genisys" largely ignoring "Salvation," but even there it's not like it wiped it away. There have been two failed trilogy trilogy starters and this one would represent the third.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:41 PM   #112
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
https://www.abacusnews.com/big-guns/...pr18_US_abacus

Gah, it sounds like there is a major Chinese money going into this movie. Just like Pacific Rim 2, just like The Meg, so forth and so on. You know what this means:

1. PG-13.
2. Lots of Chinese side characters.
3. A Chinese hero or heroine will rise up at some point.
Why does any of that bother you so much? I remember you complained about the Expendables. I guess you hate PG-13 ratings.

As for the characters the leads have already been announced. They’re not Chinese. Not that it matters but your assumption about a Chinese hero seems unlikely.

Besides I doubt a Chinese company support has anything to do with ratings or characters. The story has already been created.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:57 PM   #113
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Why does any of that bother you so much? I remember you complained about the Expendables. I guess you hate PG-13 ratings.
Where they aren't appropriate, absolutely. Expendables movies were supposed to be a love letter to the cheesy, super violent machismo-ridden fare and actors of the 80s and 90s and their fans... so why shift it to PG-13, exactly? And Terminators 1-3 were all R.

Quote:
As for the characters the leads have already been announced. They’re not Chinese. Not that it matters but your assumption about a Chinese hero seems unlikely.
They've announced maybe 1/3 of the cast.

Quote:
Besides I doubt a Chinese company support has anything to do with ratings or characters. The story has already been created.
That's super naive. If your company finances an entire movie, guess what they get to do? They get to change/add whatever the hell they want to. And look what happened in movies like Pacific Rim: Uprising.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:30 PM   #114
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Where they aren't appropriate, absolutely. Expendables movies were supposed to be a love letter to the cheesy, super violent machismo-ridden fare and actors of the 80s and 90s and their fans... so why shift it to PG-13, exactly? And Terminators 1-3 were all R.
That actually is a really good point but I honestly could not tell Genisys was PG-13. Salvation dealt more with the actual machines. Maybe it wasn’t necessary to be R. Just a guess.

Quote:
They've announced maybe 1/3 of the cast.
Again don’t why it matters but they’ve said one of the goals is to pass the focus to the new leads.

Quote:
That's super naive. If your company finances an entire movie, guess what they get to do? They get to change/add whatever the hell they want to. And look what happened in movies like Pacific Rim: Uprising.
I didn’t see Pacific Rim 2 and don’t know what happened but this new Terminator was already planned, right? It was going to be made regaurdless of Tencent and Skydance joining.

If they change or add anything I doubt it’ll effect the actual story Miller, Cameron and the writers made. Like the actual story and ending.

I just don’t know what you fear is happening to this.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:55 PM   #115
newfan
Mad Scientist

PG13 wouldn't surprise me, just the way it seems to be at the moment, where they think they can expand ticket sales.
Just looked at Expendables as I didn't see them all but here they went from 18 to 15 to 12. I'd be worried about 4 .

Cubed, re your comment, I'm not sure it was the case of knowing when to quit at the point of the 3rd movie, they could have just made a better movie At this point though it's different, but I still like the franchise (not every movie was great) so will still want to see it.

If they are planning to spread out over 3 movies but quit if the first one fails, I don't want it ending on a cliffhanger, hopefully they will write it so that it can be it's own thing given they know it could fail.

Last edited by newfan; 04-26-2018 at 12:30 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:08 AM   #116
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
That actually is a really good point but I honestly could not tell Genisys was PG-13.
The giant bloodless holes in Arnold's 1985 body weren't your first clue in like the first ten minutes?

Quote:
Salvation dealt more with the actual machines. Maybe it wasn’t necessary to be R. Just a guess.
A bad guess. For the first time in the series, it's all-out war! The Future War, which we'd been waiting to see since 1985. And they lower the rating, at the point in time when it literally makes the least amount of sense.

Quote:
I didn’t see Pacific Rim 2 and don’t know what happened but this new Terminator was already planned, right? It was going to be made regaurdless of Tencent and Skydance joining.
False. "Planning" is meaningless vs. the money behind it. You can go in a room with financiers with a "plan" and they can fund you, but that still means they can shape your thing any way they want.

Quote:
I didn’t see Pacific Rim 2 and don’t know what happened
You should check that out and see.
Old 04-26-2018, 02:17 AM   #117
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
The giant bloodless holes in Arnold's 1985 body weren't your first clue in like the first ten minutes?
Ha, no.

Quote:
A bad guess. For the first time in the series, it's all-out war! The Future War, which we'd been waiting to see since 1985. And they lower the rating, at the point in time when it literally makes the least amount of sense.
It doesn’t really portray robots killing humans and destroying everything. It feels more like a robot adventure movie. To me anyway. I think that has more to do with how it’s written though. I can see why it wasn’t given an R.

Quote:
False. "Planning" is meaningless vs. the money behind it. You can go in a room with financiers with a "plan" and they can fund you, but that still means they can shape your thing any way they want.
Ya I really think your making a mountain out of mole hill with this part. What exactly do see Tencent doing? “Stomp” all over Miller and Cameron and takeover? I’m sure they do not have that level of control. Especially in a co-finance. They don’t own the franchise.

I’m genuinely not understanding what you think is happening to the Terminator movie itself.

Quote:
You should check that out and see.
All I found was Del Toro went to make Shape of Water because he didn’t want to wait for Legendary to be sold and DeKnight took over...which Del Toro allowed to do what he wanted.

I’m guessing you think it was a conspiracy of some sort.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:51 AM   #118
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
All I found was Del Toro went to make Shape of Water because he didn’t want to wait for Legendary to be sold and DeKnight took over...which Del Toro allowed to do what he wanted.

I’m guessing you think it was a conspiracy of some sort.
Just watch the movie. It subverts the entirety of what was created in the original Pacific Rim movie to suit Chinese audiences. They kill the Japanese character (China hates Japan) from the first one right off the bat, right away introduce a bunch of "super cool" techy Chinese, led by one of the leading Chinese actresses in China who saves the day about 3 or 4 times, including the end. Large portions of the film are entirely in Chinese, with subtitles. The movie even pauses for a moment early on to explain to us the Chinese equivalent of the word "Kaiju."

No way in Hell was Del Toro ever going to play ball on such a thing.
Old 04-26-2018, 11:53 PM   #119
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Just watch the movie. It subverts the entirety of what was created in the original Pacific Rim movie to suit Chinese audiences. They kill the Japanese character (China hates Japan) from the first one right off the bat, right away introduce a bunch of "super cool" techy Chinese, led by one of the leading Chinese actresses in China who saves the day about 3 or 4 times, including the end. Large portions of the film are entirely in Chinese, with subtitles. The movie even pauses for a moment early on to explain to us the Chinese equivalent of the word "Kaiju."

No way in Hell was Del Toro ever going to play ball on such a thing.
Even if all that is actually due to Legendary being sold Terminator is only co-financed. It’s also financed by Paramount and Fox. Apparently you think Tencent now has authority over everyone else though.

I know PR2 is really different. I read Del Toro’s interview on it. However you’re making out as he left specifically because Legendary was being sold to China.

I agree on the rating. It’ll probably be PG-13 again regardless but if there’s even 1 Chinese character or subject in Terminator you’re gonna be like...Nooo Tencent!
Old 04-27-2018, 01:26 AM   #120
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
It’s also financed by Paramount and Fox.
Where do you see that?

Tags
adayinsidemillerthemovie, cuckwithmeifyouwanttolive, franchise is terminated, hasta la vista cis men, pappenbrooktriggered, terminator: woke fate, the future is female