The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-02-2016, 04:21 PM   #1
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Rick Famuyiwa set to direct 'The Flash' Movie

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has found its director for its feature The Flash starring Ezra Miller. The studio has chosen Rick Famuyiwa, the up-and-coming director who on the feature front most recently helmed the Sundance pic Dope, which he scripted. He will step in and direct the film that Warner Bros has slotted for release on March 16, 2018. Miller is in starmaking mode at the studio in the Harry Potter spinoff Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and also had a cameo in Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice and will appear in The Justice League Part One. They will work out a deal quickly.

Famuiywa is receiving strong Emmy-season buzz for directing Confirmation, the Anita Hill-Clarence Thomas HBO drama that stars Kerry Washington and Wendell Pierce as the two principal characters.

The Flash script is written by Seth Grahame-Smith, who originally was going to make his helming debut but exited the project over creative differences. Grahame-Smith’s take on the iconic DC Entertainment superhero is based on a treatment by Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, the Lego Movie duo that once expected to helm the picture. Warner Bros is looking for the right chemical mix on its superhero picture line based on the DC Comics heroes that started with Batman V Superman, and the feeling internally was that Famuyiwa provided a vision that would resonate with young viewers and that vision was very compatible with the script that the studio is moving toward the starting gate with. That vision was executed to strong reviews in Dope, the 2015 film about a young geek trying to survive in a tough Los Angeles neighborhood.

It is a big opportunity for Famuyiwa, whose résumé so far has been small distinctive indies like The Wood, Brown Sugar, and Our Family Wedding. He’ll be playing in a much bigger pond now. Famuyiwa is repped by WME, Oasis and attorney Gordon M. Bobb.
http://deadline.com/2016/06/the-flas...os-1201766332/

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 04:31 PM   #2
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

The Flash TV show is apparently really great... I wonder if this movie will even come close to it.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 04:34 PM   #3
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
The Flash TV show is apparently really great
Not "apparently" great, IS great.

In just 2 seasons, it's given Flash fans everything from Gorilla Grodd, King Shark, the Rogues, Reverse-Flash, Time Travel, the Multiverse, and soon Flashpoint, amongst other things.

This movie is gonna have one heck of a time topping it.

Old 06-02-2016, 04:36 PM   #4
TheSkeletonMan939

Grant Gustin is apparently a great Flash as well (I don't watch the show ). Both Stephen Amell and the actor for Harrison Wells are disappointed he isn't reprising the role for the films.
Old 06-02-2016, 04:46 PM   #5
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Grant Gustin is apparently a great Flash as well (I don't watch the show ). Both Stephen Amell and the actor for Harrison Wells are disappointed he isn't reprising the role for the films.
That he is. There was a time when I wasn't so sure about him, but Grant's portrayal of Barry Allen has definitely grown on me.

You should totally watch Flash! It's not like Marvel's Netflix shows, but it's still pretty good and is fun to watch. And it's hands down the best DC television show to watch now.

Old 06-02-2016, 06:44 PM   #6
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I still think this is the most unnecessary DCEU movie ever.

I USED to think that about the only thing they could do in the first movie that The Flash CW show hasn't done would be an actual Flashpoint story...

Never mind.
Old 06-02-2016, 06:53 PM   #7
TheSkeletonMan939

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I still think this is the most unnecessary DCEU movie ever.
Nah, I think Aquaman is. I mean... he lives underwater. They're going to have to get really clever in order to make any action scenes look believable.
Old 06-02-2016, 07:00 PM   #8
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Nah, I think Aquaman is. I mean... he lives underwater. They're going to have to get really clever in order to make any action scenes look believable.
No, Aquaman deserves a badass movie.

It'll potentially be the hardest movie to actually MAKE, but it's a movie that deserves to be done and done well.

Flash... we've already got about 34.5 hours of Barry Allen awesomeness under our belts, plus another season's worth by the time we even get a trailer.

Most Flash fans, even the casuals who didn't know about him until the show, are extremely skeptical about a movie being as good as the show.

I mean, come on... Tom Cavanagh's performance is the same as Heath Ledger's in that pretty much ANYBODY they case is gonna be deemed a far cry from what came before.
Old 06-02-2016, 09:55 PM   #9
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
In just 2 seasons, it's given Flash fans everything from Gorilla Grodd, King Shark, the Rogues, Reverse-Flash, Time Travel, the Multiverse, and soon Flashpoint, amongst other things.
But Flashpoint was terrible.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 12:18 PM   #10
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Kiersey Clemons, Rita Ora, and Lucy Boynton are currently in the running for the role of Iris West: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/the_fl...-movie-a143285

Old 07-25-2016, 01:30 PM   #11
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/th...st-1201822282/

Iris West has been cast she is played by Kiersey Clemons. they are going the CW route and making Iris Black
Old 07-25-2016, 01:32 PM   #12
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/th...st-1201822282/

Iris West has been cast she is played by Kiersey Clemons. they are going the CW route and making Iris Black
Cool, I guess.
Old 07-25-2016, 04:56 PM   #13
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Huh.

You know, Iris being black doesn't bother me at all, but doesn't this seem kind of... I don't know, forced? Iris is typically white, and the Flash casted a black actress. That's fine.

But a wheelchair bound Thawne and a black Iris for the movie? Doesn't that seem kinda copy-paste?
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 05:01 PM   #14
ToTheNines
[sic]

I mean, it's the DCFU. Who cares what anyone looks like? Miller looks nothing like Barry Allen, Kahl Drogo is Aqua Man, Batman kills, Superman sucks, and Luthor is a pencil necked geek.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 05:48 PM   #15
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
Huh.

You know, Iris being black doesn't bother me at all, but doesn't this seem kind of... I don't know, forced? Iris is typically white, and the Flash casted a black actress. That's fine.

But a wheelchair bound Thawne and a black Iris for the movie? Doesn't that seem kinda copy-paste?
The world doesn't need a Flash movie. We've got a kick-ass TV show that is KILLING it (as long as Season 3 doesn't drive over a cliff ala Arrow Syndrome).

This is still a waste of time until proven otherwise... and wheelchair bound Thawne is the final nail in the coffin.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:40 AM   #16
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/the_fl...in-his-a144825

Instead of Reverse Flash or another evil speedster, DCEU Barry Allen may go up against an actual team of unified Rogues.

We can only hope... if THAT'S the case, I'm definitely excited. Because for all the CW show has done well, it still hasn't given us any indication of doing a faithful Rogues story.

Plus, maybe some more Jai Courtney as Boomerang...? (Just without the idiotic unicorn shtick, please.)
Old 08-26-2016, 12:23 PM   #17
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

So if they DO focus on the Rogues, which Rogues are we expecting?

Captain Cold is a given.
Weather Wizard is also a given.

Heatwave seems somewhat likely. A guy with a flamethrower; not too hard to do.

Captain Boomerang seems somewhat unlikely... how does he get out of Belle Reve? I think it more likely he stays incarcerated for now.

I say no chance of Abra Kadabra. No Trickster either... too many Joker comparisons, plus we have Mark Hamill on the small screen. Plus Pied Piper is a sometimes hero, so they'll leave him out.

What about Mirror Master? Golden Glider? Top?
Old 08-29-2016, 12:30 PM   #18
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Rumor going around that Captain Cold and Golden Glider might be the main baddies: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/the_fl...llains-a144877

Old 08-29-2016, 01:04 PM   #19
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Rumor going around that Captain Cold and Golden Glider might be the main baddies: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/the_fl...llains-a144877
As long as they're not the only Rogues.

C'mon, this isn't the CW's Suicide Squad. Go all out!!!
Old 08-29-2016, 01:17 PM   #20
CyberCubed
Overlord

I doubt they'll use Captain Cold. Too many casuals will confuse him for Mr. Freeze.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote