Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 10-20-2018, 01:26 AM   #1
Vicky82
Emperor

Rise Official Episode Discussion S1 EP9b Mrs. Cuddles

Quote:
Mrs. Cuddles
April and the brothers make Raph face his greatest fear: an adorable kids' TV show bunny.
Here's a clip

https://www.facebook.com/teenagemuta...type=2&theater

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 07:03 AM   #2
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

Saw a clip earlier on, and I think I can safely say Don is no longer my favorite turtle: the bust of himself proves an unprecedented ego problem in this series...
80gmrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 07:56 AM   #3
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I'll admit, it's nice to see April get hers comeuppance after The Gumbus. Not gonna lie, I was hoping Mr. Cuddles was going to cut Donnie's shell pack. Though he'll likely create a new one anyway.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 09:26 AM   #4
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Interesting... What are these people on? Nick Studios must not have mandatory drug testing.

But why the hell was it alive in the first place? And it grows with screams? (Are we mutating stuffed animals now?) And why was April in a commercial out of nowhere? Is she ON/hosting the kids show?? And why were they such jerks to Raph? But mostly April since I guess she brought the thing to their home. That wasn't "making him face his fear" and scaring him with the tv commercials was prank enough. And why is this Raph such a chicken...

But I suppose taking a likely trope of making a harmless object scary was somewhat of a success.

Yeah, agree not really into the Donnie ego thing that has seemed to become apparent over time, and now obvious. Thought he was probably one of the better characters in this series, but his attitude is wearing on me. Is he supposed to be the stereotyped teen who is annoyed at everything most hours of the day?

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-20-2018 at 09:34 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 12:41 PM   #5
matteso586
Stone Warrior

1) My logical explanation to why Mrs. Cuddles is alive. She's from the underground city. 2) It seems that Splinter can be a ninja master whenever he wants to. 3) Part of me was hoping that Mrs. Cuddles is a robot that Donnie created.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 01:39 PM   #6
Vicky82
Emperor

The episode was OK, I like that Splinter helped Raph defeat Mrs Cuddles.

Apparently there was subtle but big info in the episode.

I will have to watch again to see if I catch it.

Old 10-20-2018, 02:22 PM   #7
neatoman
Emperor

A demonic puppet that grows from screaming... and was put on a kids' show because laughter makes it shrink...

Why does that both come across as familiar and totally alien at the same time?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 02:48 PM   #8
Vicky82
Emperor

I think I found the subtle big info that Andy mentioned.

There are clothes on the floor which could indicate the Turtles and Splinter used to be human.

Also it's only humans that are getting mutated, haven't seen any animals getting mutated yet.

Leo being called Leon and Mikey being called Michael/Miguel in previous episodes, so those could be there human names.

Last edited by Vicky82; 10-20-2018 at 02:56 PM.
Old 10-20-2018, 03:25 PM   #9
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Then they are like the IDW but the only difference is that they were mutated while they were humans and didnt reborn as turtles and rat like in IDW after i killedt them!
Old 10-20-2018, 03:42 PM   #10
neatoman
Emperor

Oh yeah, and the line about "marrying off the turtles". Who did Splinter think he could arrange to marry sewer dwelling mutant turtles?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 03:44 PM   #11
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Only issue with that theory is that even if they had been human they were no doubt mutated very young. Young enough not to remember that mystic place or Draxum, who presumably 'made' them (and suggested himself that it has been many years). They'd have no reason to own clothing that size (or leave them laying there on the floor or desk chair for many years) if it wasn't stuff they were presently wearing on occasion.

That said, I gotta say that's a pretty nice room. (Even a counter, bar stools, and a fridge?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Oh yeah, and the line about "marrying off the turtles". Who did Splinter think he could arrange to marry sewer dwelling mutant turtles?
Laughed at that line and wondered the same. But I guess it is or will be a city with a growing mutant population, so who knows.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-20-2018 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-20-2018, 04:16 PM   #12
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Only issue with that theory is that even if they had been human they were no doubt mutated very young. Young enough not to remember that mystic place or Draxum, who presumably 'made' them (and suggested himself that it has been many years). They'd have no reason to own clothing that size (or leave them laying there on the floor or desk chair for many years) if it wasn't stuff they were presently wearing on occasion.
I doubt they wore those clothes before they got mutated, maybe they still think more like a human by keeping clothes or they like to keep clothes just in case they might return to human.

They could of been mutated somewhere else, maybe in a secret lab or in there old home.

Old 10-20-2018, 04:46 PM   #13
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, that's what I mean, if they were human then they were probably only in infant or young children's sized clothing at the time of mutation.

Kind of odd to have size appropriate clothing thrown around though. Maybe they just use it to disguise themselves to go grocery shopping or whatnot. Now, the sweater (on the chair) makes good sense since it might get kinda chilly down there.

Crazy alternate theory... the clothing belongs to their victims.
Old 10-20-2018, 07:03 PM   #14
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I think I found the subtle big info that Andy mentioned.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/f478e4b4...8ewio1_540.png

There are clothes on the floor which could indicate the Turtles and Splinter used to be human.

Also it's only humans that are getting mutated, haven't seen any animals getting mutated yet.

Leo being called Leon and Mikey being called Michael/Miguel in previous episodes, so those could be there human names.
Just you wait; it's gonna turn out Baxter used to be a regular fly. And Bebop and Rocksteady used to be regular animals.

Maybe it indicates something a little darker; Yoshi used to have a real child, but they vanished, and he got some turtles to fill their void. Miwa?
Old 10-20-2018, 09:37 PM   #15
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
And why was April in a commercial out of nowhere? Is she ON/hosting the kids show??
Did you miss the part were April said it was her new job? Mrs. Cuddles even said "I remember you from work" before attacking. That's HOW she got access to Mrs. Cuddles in the first place.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:34 PM   #16
Powder
So tired of this place

While I got a laugh or two out of this & was glad to see Splinter get in on the action, it's by far my least favorite of the series.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 11:37 PM   #17
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:

That said, I gotta say that's a pretty nice room. (Even a counter, bar stools, and a fridge?)

Laughed at that line and wondered the same. But I guess it is or will be a city with a growing mutant population, so who knows.

Maybe they were even BORN mutants? Tang Shen never knew what hit her, and Yoshi was disappointed with his children.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:58 AM   #18
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

I actually really enjoyed this episode also!
I also don't think Cuddles is a mutant, I'm pretty sure it's a possessed demonic doll.
And it was nice to see Splinter in action but I really wish he would stop calling them red, blue, purple....
He also had the best line in the entire episode when he said Raphael had cotton mouth.
I couldn't believe the cencors allowed that one and I actually laughed out loud at it.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 01:37 AM   #19
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
He also had the best line in the entire episode when he said Raphael had cotton mouth.
I couldn't believe the cencors allowed that one and I actually laughed out loud at it.
I mean the term's used for any sort of dry mouth feeling, so I don't think it's all that "bad".
Old 10-21-2018, 10:58 AM   #20
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Did you miss the part were April said it was her new job? Mrs. Cuddles even said "I remember you from work" before attacking. That's HOW she got access to Mrs. Cuddles in the first place.
Yes, but which work? They made it apparent that Mrs. Cuddles was being overused in commercials for other things, even selling cars. April suddenly showing up on their tv doing commercials and/or kid's show is pretty random.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
Maybe they were even BORN mutants? Tang Shen never knew what hit her, and Yoshi was disappointed with his children.
Would be an interesting angle for sure. (Now how to handle the different ages?)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-21-2018 at 11:03 AM.