The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 05-27-2020, 04:52 AM   #1
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

How Violent Should Casey Jones Be?

For a character that was created to be a crime fighting vigilante, with a somewhat wacky, wild shtick (obsession with sports), he certainly has come a long way. By the end of Mirage Vol. 1 he had considerable character development and had become far more dimensional than he was by the end of Raphael Micro #1.

He's obviously been played differently through the years and various incarnations... IDW has made him slightly less menacing than he was in the original couple of Mirage arcs, which is probably both positive and negative... So, how Violent Should Casey Jones Be?

How would you develop his character?

Last edited by PizzaPower1985; 05-27-2020 at 11:13 AM.
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 04:56 AM   #2
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

He should be willing to crack open some criminal's heads if need be.
Old 05-27-2020, 09:08 AM   #3
Cyndaquilfan123
Foot Soldier

Depending on the take, More violent then the turtles, but not killing people out of cold blood.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:28 AM   #4
Torterra
Foot Soldier

I'll say make him slightly more violent than the turtles but not too violent that he'll kill someone just enough to put that person in the hospital for a long while.
Torterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 02:33 PM   #5
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Violent enough so that all Lawbreakers will pay the price

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 04:18 PM   #6
Leo656
The Franchise

Y'ever actually hit someone with a baseball bat? It's messy.

So... pretty violent. Guy ain't carrying around a sack of NERF bats, after all.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 06:46 PM   #7
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

I don't think anyone can be "a little violent". I think Casey has always been characterized as a brutal fighter and it's the one thing that seems to be consistent.

When it comes to personality, there is room to do different things. He can either be calm and methodical, cold and calculating , or bat **** crazy among other possible personality traits.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 04:21 AM   #8
victory_angel
Foot Elite

I think out to take out the bad guys by any means necessary. Not out right kill them, but more make the punishment fit the crime. So if you just rob mom and pop places, purse snatch, school bully, and any of that petty stuff. You find yourself tied to a pole with your pants around your ankles. If you are a more violent offender such as serial killer, pedo, and the like, then something on your body is getting busted.

If you are a terrorist your gonna wake up handcuffed in the hospital or face down in the mud.

Think the sort of person who wants to join the military or national guard because they want to make a difference but they don’t want him because they are afraid he would be too much of a cowboy.

Maybe a cross between IDW/2012/ and 4kids versions.

IDW Casey’s dad is Hun who is an abusive drunk, Casey’s mom died of cancer years prior to meeting the Turtles.

2k3 Casey was a geeky kid when he was younger, he unknowingly encounters the turtles when they were kids but none of them recognize each other when they were older. Though he did get his signature phrase of Goongala because Mikey tried to get him to use Goro Goro Sama as a war cry.

His main reason for being a vigilante is that Hun and his fellow jr. Purple Dragons were vandalizing a bodega that Casey’s dad ran. Casey’s dad says he was going to the police despite threats of death if he did.

2k12 Casey at first is a punk kid who has a crush on April and uses her as a tutor to get close to her. Encounters with mutagen man and other off screen mutant sightings get him to see mutants as a threat so he becomes a vigilante intending to protect his father, sister, and April. But after meeting the Turtles he realizes there are some mutants who are okay to know.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:23 AM   #9
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Am I the only one who wishes that IDW Casey was a lil bit more hardcore?

I'm also not sure how I feel about these tendencies to make Casey (or April) so young. I think in my perfect TMNT universe they should be a minimum of 10 years older, so if the green guys are 15 or 16, Casey and April should be at least 25 to 26.
Old 05-30-2020, 03:26 AM   #10
D-ray
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower1985 View Post
For a character that was created to be a crime fighting vigilante, with a somewhat wacky, wild shtick (obsession with sports), he certainly has come a long way. By the end of Mirage Vol. 1 he had considerable character development and had become far more dimensional than he was by the end of Raphael Micro #1.

He's obviously been played differently through the years and various incarnations... IDW has made him slightly less menacing than he was in the original couple of Mirage arcs, which is probably both positive and negative... So, how Violent Should Casey Jones Be?

How would you develop his character?
I'm more familiar with the one in the 4kids adaptation, but I hated how they picted him as an idiot. I mean, is not the most clever guy on earth, but I think he should have some more spotlight as a deep character.

About the violence thing, depends how the turtles behave with him.
For instance, most of the times he is stopped from being extremely violent, so I don't know how relevant the amount of violence is in him.
I think it's part of the character being the one violent guy who needs to learn from his mistakes. Making him extremely violent doesn't really make sense tho, so I guess I could choose a "mid" violent Casey.

VICTORY!"
D-ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 05:28 PM   #11
snake
Disgusting

All the way. He's beating the sh*t out of people with sports paraphernalia. How the f*ck do you make that non-violent?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 08:25 PM   #12
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
All the way. He's beating the sh*t out of people with sports paraphernalia. How the f*ck do you make that non-violent?
Well said. Completely agree. I still think that shtick doesn't work very well with a character that is too humanized. The more down to earth a character like Casey Jones is, the more the concept doesn't make sense.