The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2020, 02:49 PM   #61
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
UK on Lockdown for 3 weeks

We can leave house for food shopping, medical needs, exercise.

Can go to work if it's absolutely necessary.

Can't be with more than 2 people outside.
More and more state are going this way. The only difference for my state is drive throughs are still open and we are limited to ten people gathering.

My state just said local comic shops are not essential! There is always the certain website, but its not the same after tomorrow's #104 is given out a day early.
Old 03-23-2020, 02:57 PM   #62
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

So the lockdown "stay at home" order does apply to me. Even if our stores are open, we aren't allowed to go. So, after one last sucky day I'm stuck at home as well, likewise excluding food shopping and basics like that.

Sounds like this decision for us was made in part based on the fact that our neighboring states/cities are calling for it.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:28 PM   #63
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
More and more state are going this way. The only difference for my state is drive throughs are still open and we are limited to ten people gathering.

My state just said local comic shops are not essential! There is always the certain website, but its not the same after tomorrow's #104 is given out a day early.
My comic book store will still be operating. Our state closed all non-essential stores starting tonight, but my Comic Book Store is getting around this by essentially operating as a mailing service. They will be shipping our pulls to our homes instead. We can also order other stuff and have it mailed to our homes.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:30 PM   #64
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
Quote:
+793 dead in the last 24 hours here in Italy.
651 today. Hoping numbers keep to go down.
And 601 dead today. Things seem to get "better". Lockdown and social distancing are working.
Old 03-23-2020, 06:06 PM   #65
Galactus
Foot Elite

So this all led to an interesting moral dilemma for me this morning. As I went to the supermarket to buy some essentials for the week an old lady with a walking stick was heading out and fell. My first instinct was to go over and help her but after a few steps I stopped and realised that I could be potentially spreading the virus to this vulnerable person or even her give it to me.

As I procrastinated she managed to pick herself up but noticing me she asked me if I could pick up her walking stick I did but still tried to keep my distance. All day it has played on my mind whether I did the right thing.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:45 PM   #66
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post

ya that's such bull. The one I use will still be doing online orders for a while. Not sure for how long. I like getting my latest issues every few weeks
Old 03-23-2020, 11:19 PM   #67
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
So this all led to an interesting moral dilemma for me this morning. As I went to the supermarket to buy some essentials for the week an old lady with a walking stick was heading out and fell. My first instinct was to go over and help her but after a few steps I stopped and realised that I could be potentially spreading the virus to this vulnerable person or even her give it to me.

As I procrastinated she managed to pick herself up but noticing me she asked me if I could pick up her walking stick I did but still tried to keep my distance. All day it has played on my mind whether I did the right thing.
That's a complicated feeling, but at least you know you are the type of person who is, in fact, concerned of others.
Old 03-24-2020, 02:26 AM   #68
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Guess some just want to YOLO... at society's expense.

" 'If I Get Corona, I Get Corona': Deniers & Disbelievers Choose To Party Until The End"
https://www.zerohedge.com/health/den...never-be-known

Last edited by Refractive Reflections; 03-24-2020 at 02:43 AM.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:30 AM   #69
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

On the plus side... there are some pretty awesome coronavirus themed music parodies out there. I kind of love that this is how humanity deals with things these days.

Quote:
And 601 dead today. Things seem to get "better". Lockdown and social distancing are working.
Still more in one day than what mine has had in total so far... Hope it continues to go down and doesn't spike again, you guys have been hit ridiculously hard.

Ran out to a couple of stores. Quieter out there, but still a fair amount of people out. Dollar Tree stayed open... a cashier in there decided that a sleep mask substitutes for a face mask. lol Points for thinking outside the box, lady, but I really don't think that's gonna do the job.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-24-2020 at 12:51 PM.
Old 03-24-2020, 01:55 PM   #70
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Apparently the Orange in office wants us back to business by Easter.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 03-24-2020, 02:07 PM   #71
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
not gonna happen man he so damn stupid
Old 03-24-2020, 03:11 PM   #72
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I'd be damn happy to have that be the case.
Old 03-24-2020, 03:14 PM   #73
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Unfortunately we had 743 dead in the last 24 hours here in Italy, more than the "only" 601 of yesterday. But the number of new cases keeps lowering (still in the thousands though) and that's what we need do be focused on.
Old 03-24-2020, 03:27 PM   #74
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Unfortunately we had 743 dead in the last 24 hours here in Italy, more than the "only" 601 of yesterday. But the number of new cases keeps lowering (still in the thousands though) and that's what we need do be focused on.
Man, things are crazy in Italy. Absolutely bizarre that country is seeing the worst of it among anywhere else in the world. 700 people dying in one day is insane.
Old 03-24-2020, 03:44 PM   #75
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
We are now in lockdown here, as of today. Our county is right next to two counties with confirmed cases, as well as resulting deaths. Not many, but.... The only "bright" side to this is that my job has been deemed "essential" so I am still working and getting paid. Not as much, given that business is slower, which means hours are being cut, but it is what it is. At least I'm not being laid off while this is going on.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
Old 03-24-2020, 04:10 PM   #76
CyberCubed
Overlord

Seems I might be working from home starting on Friday for the next week or two, I'm actually happy:

1. I save subway fare, in NY it's crazy. I'll be saving almost $25 a week

2. I don't have to buy lunch, I can just eat what I have at home

3. I don't have to wake up 6:45am because there's no travel time, I can now wake up at like 8:00am and be ready for work at 8:15am.

Man if I get used to working from home I won't want to go back. You never realize how much time you waste getting to work and home (it takes me a little over 1 hour both ways), plus having to buy lunch every day gets expensive.
Old 03-24-2020, 06:06 PM   #77
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Seems I might be working from home starting on Friday for the next week or two, I'm actually happy:

3. I don't have to wake up 6:45am because there's no travel time, I can now wake up at like 8:00am and be ready for work at 8:15am.

Man if I get used to working from home I won't want to go back. You never realize how much time you waste getting to work and home (it takes me a little over 1 hour both ways), plus having to buy lunch every day gets expensive.

you gotta wonder how many people are doing this now.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
Old 03-24-2020, 06:14 PM   #78
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
https://assets.amuniversal.com/27c25...e600163e41dd5b

you gotta wonder how many people are doing this now.
I am initiating one on Thursday through Zoom though not with puppets. My colleagues and I have to think of three different two week plans, share material, and coordinate. It will be interesting to see who will not have the video active and who will mute themselves though.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:04 PM   #79
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

The guy who already has to devote so little time to "real" work... I dunno, is this really fair?
Old 03-24-2020, 11:09 PM   #80
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

He could at least reply to the Melissa Benoist pregnancy thread.
Closed Thread