The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-06-2018, 07:12 PM   #181
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

That makes three of us. Daredevil season 3 drops a week later. Atleast we get that to look forward to instead of worrying about what is sure to be a mess in Titans.
Old 10-06-2018, 07:53 PM   #182
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
That makes three of us. Daredevil season 3 drops a week later. Atleast we get that to look forward to instead of worrying about what is sure to be a mess in Titans.
Every time WB/DC does something I don't like with their movies or TV shows, I go buy another TPB.

I've bought a LOT of TPBs recently.
Old 10-06-2018, 07:56 PM   #183
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Every time WB/DC does something I don't like with their movies or TV shows, I go buy another TPB.

I've bought a LOT of TPBs recently.
Just watch the DC Animated movies for some reason those are the only things they don't **** up
Old 10-07-2018, 01:12 AM   #184
Leo656
The Franchise

Why do people keep saying that? They've had a TON of flat-out awful DC animated films over the last few years and only a few of them were even decent. A small few were really good, but... people need to stop with the "DC is King of Animation" stuff. It's a lie, at this point, only even half-true because Marvel never cared enough about that stuff to even try.

If you take all the DC animated films into account, it's about 60/40 Crap-To-Good, at best. Maybe 50/50 if you're generous, or too blinded by voice actors from your childhood to admit that Killing Joke was lousy.

And I still need someone to explain to me why Batman killing people is such a huge deal. He killed people in the early comics on purpose, he's killed a TON of bad guys "accidentally-but-not-too-upset-about-it" in the comics across all the decades since, he blatantly killed a bunch of people in the Keaton films, and despite all the prattle about his "code" in the Nolan movies, he absolutely killed a LOT of people, they just didn't show any bodies.

So this thing where people whine about Batman being a "murderer" is weird. I'm guessing it's because their idea of Batman comes from kids' cartoons. in the comics, the rule is basically, "He's not TRYING to kill anyone, but sometimes sh*t happens and oh well, they're bad guys." He's never once lost any sleep about any bad guys who accidentally died as a result of his Batman-ing, as it's usually their own fault entirely.

I'unno. I won't be watching this show, I don't think, but it's funny to me how people get all bent about this Batman thing. He's actually probably killed more bad guys "by accident" in canon than any other super-hero with a No-Kill rule.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 05:15 PM   #185
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

You all will love this especially Andrew:
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10...eators-titans/

Conway is known for controversial directions ( death of Gwen Stacey & Green Goblin, introduction of Jason Todd, and responsible for JL: Detriot) , but not stirring the pot.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:48 PM   #186
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I always wanted to see Robin grow with Dick Grayson instead of being a costume that stays at Batman's side. Johns is teasing that very thing, but Nightwing is likely all this means.
https://amp.cinemablend.com/televisi...to-geoff-johns
Old 10-15-2018, 05:52 PM   #187
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Why do people keep saying that? They've had a TON of flat-out awful DC animated films over the last few years and only a few of them were even decent. A small few were really good, but... people need to stop with the "DC is King of Animation" stuff. It's a lie, at this point, only even half-true because Marvel never cared enough about that stuff to even try.

If you take all the DC animated films into account, it's about 60/40 Crap-To-Good, at best. Maybe 50/50 if you're generous, or too blinded by voice actors from your childhood to admit that Killing Joke was lousy.

And I still need someone to explain to me why Batman killing people is such a huge deal. He killed people in the early comics on purpose, he's killed a TON of bad guys "accidentally-but-not-too-upset-about-it" in the comics across all the decades since, he blatantly killed a bunch of people in the Keaton films, and despite all the prattle about his "code" in the Nolan movies, he absolutely killed a LOT of people, they just didn't show any bodies.

So this thing where people whine about Batman being a "murderer" is weird. I'm guessing it's because their idea of Batman comes from kids' cartoons. in the comics, the rule is basically, "He's not TRYING to kill anyone, but sometimes sh*t happens and oh well, they're bad guys." He's never once lost any sleep about any bad guys who accidentally died as a result of his Batman-ing, as it's usually their own fault entirely.

I'unno. I won't be watching this show, I don't think, but it's funny to me how people get all bent about this Batman thing. He's actually probably killed more bad guys "by accident" in canon than any other super-hero with a No-Kill rule.
I generally agree on both points.

First of all, I don't really find any of the DC animated movies that have come out in the last ten years entertaining. To each their own, but I find these animated releases to be poor-quality adaptions of the comic books they typically adapt. I love the concept, but the budget and proper time isn't given, so they feel the same as any old children's cartoon to me, "mature" content or not.

Batman killing is another thing I don't get riled up about. Batman is a rich character and whether he kills or not, it doesn't "break" the character. You can mine rich stories from him either way.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 06:16 PM   #188
Leo656
The Franchise

"Death of Superman" was pretty good, but if they hadn't crammed it into the New 52-verse it would have been even better. That said, a lot of the changes were simple streamlining rather than the arrogant, "We know better than the original writers" stuff they usually pull. It was "faithful in spirit", if that makes any sense. I'm usually purist as hell but that one got it right in the important ways, I felt. Looking forward to the sequel.

Even "Gotham By Gaslight" was very well done, BUT, it all but wipes its ass with the comic book it shares a name with. That was my ONLY complaint: If you're going to borrow a name in an attempt to entice existing fans of that work, you'd best be faithful or else it's pointless at best, false advertising at worst. So many of the newer adaptations are "In Name Only", and I think that's lazy bullsh*t.

If "Dark Knight Returns" can get practically a frame-by-frame remake, then they can - and should - do it for ALL of them. Because frankly, DKR isn't even that good a story, but I loved how faithful the animated version was. THAT's what I wanna see. No excuse not to.

Old 10-19-2018, 08:37 AM   #189
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
"Death of Superman" was pretty good, but if they hadn't crammed it into the New 52-verse it would have been even better. That said, a lot of the changes were simple streamlining rather than the arrogant, "We know better than the original writers" stuff they usually pull. It was "faithful in spirit", if that makes any sense. I'm usually purist as hell but that one got it right in the important ways, I felt. Looking forward to the sequel.

Even "Gotham By Gaslight" was very well done, BUT, it all but wipes its ass with the comic book it shares a name with. That was my ONLY complaint: If you're going to borrow a name in an attempt to entice existing fans of that work, you'd best be faithful or else it's pointless at best, false advertising at worst. So many of the newer adaptations are "In Name Only", and I think that's lazy bullsh*t.

"Dark Knight Returns" can get practically a frame-by-frame remake, then they can - and should - do it for ALL of them. Because frankly, DKR isn't even that good a story, but I loved how faithful the animated version was. THAT's what I wanna see. No excuse not to.
For any of these adaptions to be interesting to me, they'd need much better animation.
The comics have so much artistry in the panels and inner-monologue - most of which can't be represented in the animated version (DKR's adaption lost a lot of what makes Frank Miller's work so fun when it was forced to either drop bits of inner-monologue or awkwardly have Bruce speak them aloud).

So, these being produced on a shoestring budget leaves little for them to bring to the table. If you're going to serve something in the animated realm, especially based on a medium all about visuals, it should be visually exciting. But none of these even look as good as The Batman Animated series from a couple decades ago. I rather just read the book - that's where the magic is at.

I'll praise the DRK adaption for bringing an awesome musical score to the table - something the comic can't provide. I also really enjoy the Batman: Gotham Knight for it's lush animation and utilization of comic book writers.

Last edited by AquaParade; 10-19-2018 at 08:43 AM.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:18 AM   #190
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah, they really stopped taking great care with the art, at some point. Some of them like "Public Enemies" and "New Frontier" do such a great job evoking the style of the books they were based on, and then... you get something like "Killing Joke", where the comic book's art is virtually unparalleled, but the cartoon is as flat and boring as can be, devoid of any of the detail that made the original so rich. I get a much more dynamic feeling from the book, and those are static images that don't move. How can the artwork in motion be LESS interesting to look at? I'unno, but there it is.

Personally, with that one I feel that they blew their nut on the voice cast, but even then, it's not like the other films recently have looked much better, even without expensive players like Hammil and Tara Strong.

I'm with you on that one; they really could tighten up on the art. I mean, for one thing, it'd be nice if the people drawing the "Death/Return" Superman movies could figure out that generally, a guy's jawline is NOT wider than the top of their skull; in fact, the opposite is true. I liked that movie, but Superman's head looked like it was "squished" and it was constantly distracting. Sh*t like that needs to stop.

Old 10-26-2018, 07:07 AM   #191
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

First official look at the Doom Patrol, minus Crazy Jane:

Spoiler:

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 09:22 AM   #192
AquaParade
Banned

Sorry to vent but I'm really annoyed at how difficult it is to use this service despite having a ps4 and 2017 Sony television. How is there no way to access this on either of those devices? Grrrr!

Doom Patrol looks great.

Edit: Oh hey, look at my avatar.
Old 10-28-2018, 01:00 PM   #193
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

For anyone who has the service I am curious how is the comic selection on there??? I heard it is not on the level of Marvel Unlimited, but I was wondering if it was worth getting the stream for
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 07:49 AM   #194
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

https://www.cbr.com/titans-robin-dic...ss-murder/amp/

I always wanted to see Robin develop with Dick Grayson opposed to a costume that has an age limit and has to stay with Batman..Dick Grayson did create the identity on his own afterall. However, not in this manner of evolution.
Old 11-29-2018, 04:05 PM   #195
CyberCubed
Overlord

Young Justice Season 3 starts January 4th, but since you have to pay DC's streaming service to watch it, I'll just wait till people upload the show to all those cartoon streaming websites instead which will probably happen a day or two later.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 04:09 PM   #196
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
https://www.cbr.com/titans-robin-dic...ss-murder/amp/

I always wanted to see Robin develop with Dick Grayson opposed to a costume that has an age limit and has to stay with Batman..Dick Grayson did create the identity on his own afterall. However, not in this manner of evolution.
I'm sure you're well aware that in several earlier incarnations, Bruce Wayne not only "created" the Robin persona, he was the first one to use it, long before he was Batman.

That's a bit that I can personally take or leave, and I don't think anyone's actually made that "hard canon" since the 1980s, but nonetheless, it's been established more than once that Batman "owns" the Robin mantle and can give it to people or take it away as he sees fit.

A grown man, in my opinion, needs a better nickname than "Robin", anyway, but I'unno. Ask any 25-year old dude if they were gonna be a super-hero, would they personally pick "Robin" or "Nightwing" as their handle, see what happens.

Old 01-11-2019, 04:59 AM   #197
newfan
Mad Scientist

This came up on Netflix today, just checking out the first ep.
Edit: Too early to say just now, interesting enough to continue the ep and look at another, see where they are going. I'm not sure on one or two of the characters but I need to see more of them and how they interact with each other at this point. (course I don't these characters well anyway as other will)

Last edited by newfan; 01-11-2019 at 05:40 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:33 AM   #198
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Okay, I don't get this... we've had multiple evil/morally compromised versions of superman over the multiverse (injustice, Dark Knight returns, etc.) and nobody complains, but one bad version of batman, in one DC series, and every gets mad? wow

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:50 AM   #199
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
Okay, I don't get this... we've had multiple evil/morally compromised versions of superman over the multiverse (injustice, Dark Knight returns, etc.) and nobody complains, but one bad version of batman, in one DC series, and every gets mad? wow
It's a fact. There are more Batman fans than Superman fans in the general audience.
Old 01-12-2019, 03:29 PM   #200
newfan
Mad Scientist

So the Titans is only on Netflix outside of the US, I forget what channel you guys have it on. Not short on violence for those who like it. It's not wowed me at this point but still watching at the moment.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cubed is an idiot, cuck everlasting, cybercubedtheklansman, cybercubedtheracist, what the sjw, young cucktice