The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 10-27-2017, 11:32 AM   #121
CyberCubed
Overlord

They also still have to find the Utroms a new home in space, unless they just stay on Burnow Island forever.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 12:07 PM   #122
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

They might as well do something with that patch of Earth that only they can breathe in. Though, it probably wouldn't be able to contain them forever, they'd have to move on one day in a few generations. Which would...just make Burnow a glorified breeding facility .

Considering how everyone can breathe on Neutrino just fine, I do find Krang's measures to be a little over dramatic. But then again, being over dramatic is what he does best. Seems like a bit of a logic hole on Krang's part. Especially in the alternate timeline where Krang did completely succeed in taking over Earth, but there are still a few humans doing just fine without a breathing apparatus.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:23 PM   #123
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Hey, what's wrong with that one? It's his name, innit? Y'a know, the four Ninja Turtles? Leon, Ralph, Mickey and Dan?

(TBH, two of those work just fine...)
"Hey Ralph, there is that aleon Krong!"
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 12:27 PM   #124
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

"And his ally, the Schindler!"

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 10-27-2017 at 12:47 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 10:42 PM   #125
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

So, I realized...just what ARE Kleve and Montuoro going to say when they turn up without Krang? And if they do say he didn't want to go, then Ma'riell would probably be suspicious and try to contact Zenter for follow up questions.

Krang being killed won't exactly be the easiest secret to keep with so many witnesses around, especially when Ma'riell could easily ask the Neutrino royals, Honeycutt, or Donatello.

And I just realized...Polly never got to testify!

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 10-28-2017 at 01:25 AM.
Old 10-28-2017, 02:47 PM   #126
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Pantheon want to resurrect their father... Utroms want to bring Ch'rell out of stasis.

Demon Shredder?
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 02:57 PM   #127
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It's pretty much just Kitsune wanting to bring back her father, using Shredder's remains. Her siblings think she's nuts for wanting that.

Ch'rell likely won't be involved with that at all, especially with how his personality has been established. Now, it would be awesome if the Demon Lord's summoning and Ch'rell's release happened at the exact same time.

Granted, Ch'rell would be asleep while the Dragon Lord does the expected "Bwahahahaha, I'm free!" (or "Daughter...why the <expletive> did you bring me here?)

It's a coincidence that those desires are happening on parallel lines, but there's too many other factors preventing them from crossing.

I DO think that Ch'rell might be given no choice but to help fight the Dragon Lord/Demon Shredder.

But there's another thing: we know what Shredder's fate in the afterlife is, and now being among demons on a regular basis. I think with his body being occupied by the Dragon Lord, his spirit could chase it through to the physical realm and literally come off as a "Demon Shredder".
Old 10-28-2017, 03:48 PM   #128
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's kind of funny both the main villains of the series, Shredder and Krang, are now dead.

Now Bishop has taken up the role as the main antagonist besides the Pantheon, similar to how past TMNT series rely on secondary characters after Shredder or Krang meet their demise or are done away with. The Triceratons will probably be a passing conflict like in most past TMNT universes and then it depends what happens with Karai.

Even if Shredder is revived it might only be for a short time, similar to the Ninja Tribunal arc in 2k3 or in the Kavaxas arc in Nick. Even in Mirage's Return of New York the clone Shredder died pretty fast. Usually every "Shredder resurrection" arc doesn't have him linger around, and he's killed off again for good. I wonder if IDW will do something different although I get the feeling he will be too powerful to be kept around, if he really is the King of the Pantheon.
Old 10-28-2017, 04:21 PM   #129
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It is kind of interesting that they killed off the "main" villains at the points that they did.

I would almost say that in a way, they could have been useful at issue 100 had they been alive, but without them, the task of whatever is happening there would be more difficult.

And wow, I just noticed Commander Zom is a "she"!

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 10-28-2017 at 11:58 PM.
Old 10-29-2017, 07:13 AM   #130
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

This was a fantastic issue.
It might not have been as good as #50, but it was still great nonetheless.

The different artist’s styles blended seamlessly together and just like with #50 it was the perfect way to go about it.

I actually really enjoyed all the courtroom stuff from this arc, and I thought hearing all the different testimonies and their cases was pretty cool. Although I may be in the minority in that regard. =P
Krang’s final speech/case/whatever im particular was great! He brought up a lot of good points about the war and the similarities in what the Neutrino king was doing with the Triceratons.

I was a bit disappointed with the fight against Maligna and her swarm. It felt a bit rushed and definitely could’ve benefited from being the focus of an entire issue, but with this already being the big 75, I guess some compromises had to be made.

And as far as the major event of this issue goes, it was also a bit disappointing. I figured he was gonna kick the bucket, but the way he did felt kind of unsatisfying. Maybe Krang’s not dead after all. Maybe (as others have mentioned) that Krang was a clone or something. But maybe that’s just wishful thinking.

And the second Ghostbusters crossover takes place right after all this? Geez, our guys can’t catch a break, can they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
And wow, I just noticed Commander Zom is a "she"!
I noticed that too.
It’s cool she’s a new character, but I was kind of hoping that the first female Triceraton introduced in this series would be a call-back to Zura.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 08:34 AM   #131
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm actually kind of on the "clone" board myself. Somewhere in the valley of denial...and noticing that he bleeds pink, where every other Utrom has in red, like any other god-fearing iron-based organisms.
Old 10-29-2017, 10:54 AM   #132
neatoman
Emperor

It just struck me, how many main series issues was Krang in? Feels like about 20, most of which were early on.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 11:05 AM   #133
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
It just struck me, how many main series issues was Krang in? Feels like about 20, most of which were early on.
supposedly 26 issues of the ongoing

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/teena...es/4005-44710/

^ i don't think he was actually in issue #56 as stated in the link.
though he did appear in the FCBD 2017 in flashback recap.

Last edited by myconius; 10-29-2017 at 11:10 AM.
myconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 11:24 AM   #134
CyberCubed
Overlord

He was in a lot of the early issues but he only appeared for a few pages, mostly barking orders to Baxter Stockman.
Old 10-29-2017, 01:33 PM   #135
myconius
Abby Normal

Krang R.I.P.

wonder if we'll ever get to see someone find his digested remains in the New York City sewers?

i'd gladly pay $7.99 to read that story!
Old 10-29-2017, 01:37 PM   #136
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

They'll be somewhere .
Old 10-29-2017, 01:40 PM   #137
myconius
Abby Normal

he'll return to the series one day!!!

i have a GUT - - feeling!!!
Old 10-29-2017, 01:48 PM   #138
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It actually is pretty interesting that all things considered, he was only in about a quarter of the issues and just a single mini series.

There are a few things not quite adding up, between Tom Waltz' comment in the interview about "It could be an end or a twisted new beginning" - and the pink blood. It's really weird. It's morbid, sure. And even Kleve and Montuoro were kind of weird about it too. I don't know much about military proceedings, but I'm pretty sure that's not how one should react to their leader dying abruptly.
Old 10-29-2017, 01:53 PM   #139
myconius
Abby Normal

i wouldn't hold too much stock in the 'Clone' theory.
if a clone was jailed the real Krang more than likely wouldn't have been putting too much effort in rigging the trial.
i think the pink blood was just a way of not having the scene come across as 'too violent'.
it was a fresh kill, whereas the red Utrom blood we see in Tmnt #56 are bodies found after the fact.

that's just my guess.
Old 10-29-2017, 02:00 PM   #140
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think Krang is gone for good. It opens up the room for Ch'rell and we don't need two evil Utroms running around at the same time.