The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 10-29-2017, 02:07 PM   #141
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Old 10-29-2017, 02:26 PM   #142
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I think Krang is gone for good. It opens up the room for Ch'rell and we don't need two evil Utroms running around at the same time.
Yeah, I think that's what Tom meant by "new beginning", that Ch'rell may become a new antagonist for the Turtles, not that Krang is going to come back somehow. But we'll see I guess, although it may take some years.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 02:30 PM   #143
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Yeah, I think that's what Tom meant by "new beginning", that Ch'rell may become a new antagonist for the Turtles, not that Krang is going to come back somehow. But we'll see I guess, although it may take some years.
that's probably more than likely what he meant.

unless Krang will become the Mr Hankey of the IDW TMNT 'verse.
Old 10-29-2017, 02:31 PM   #144
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I thought that myself, until I remembered that fresh red blood is also in the Utrom Empire mini during "the" battle page right before Krang tries to retrieve Quanin. It would make a really interesting conversation on what is causing that to happen biologically, like a really low blood cell count, except there are outliers

For Krang, it was even pink when the Turtles stopped him from using the Technodrome. (Even though there were no apparent open wounds?) And while we could argue keeping the scene from getting too violent, we've seen plenty more violence that still had the red. Donatello's near-death was probably the most violent things got. I'd even argue that it's still the most violent scene in the series, even above what happened to Krang and Shredder.
Comparatively, Krang's was pretty fast and clean, all things considered.
Nasty? Yes! But not a bloodbath. So when there's been worse moments, I don't see the point in changing the color.
I'd put it on the same level as Bishop Senior, but with pretty much no mess except for bits of metal from the restraint.

Besides, it seems like a 4Kids way to cover up violence, and IDW is way above that. They seem to have a "go all in or not at all" thing going on.

This is a morbid conversation .

I do see the point about not bothering to attempt to rig the trial if there was a clone. But it could be a clone that doesn't know it's a clone ("that won't go Bladerunner") and isn't injured enough to notice that something's weird about them.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to find a way to play Diane Nguyen's "He's dead!" meltdown on a loop.
Old 10-29-2017, 02:34 PM   #145
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I thought that myself, until I remembered that fresh red blood is also in the Utrom Empire mini during "the" battle page right before Krang tries to retrieve Quanin. It would make a really interesting conversation on what is causing that to happen biologically, like a really low blood cell count, except there are outliers

For Krang, it was even pink when the Turtles stopped him from using the Technodrome. (Even though there were no apparent open wounds?) And while we could argue keeping the scene from getting too violent, we've seen plenty more violence that still had the red. Donatello's near-death was probably the most violent things got. I'd even argue that it's still the most violent scene in the series, even above what happened to Krang and Shredder.
Comparatively, Krang's was pretty fast and clean, all things considered.
Nasty? Yes! But not a bloodbath. So when there's been worse moments, I don't see the point in changing the color.
I'd put it on the same level as Bishop Senior, but with pretty much no mess except for bits of metal from the restraint.

Besides, it seems like a 4Kids way to cover up violence, and IDW is way above that. They seem to have a "go all in or not at all" thing going on.

This is a morbid conversation .

I do see the point about not bothering to attempt to rig the trial if there was a clone. But it could be a clone that doesn't know it's a clone ("that won't go Bladerunner") and isn't injured enough to notice that something's weird about them.
this could just be denial.
i'd say you're better off not getting your hopes up too high in this theory.
it'll only be more disappointing in the long run.
Old 10-29-2017, 02:52 PM   #146
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Well, you know what they say, the first step of overcoming denial is admitting it, so...

I had already set myself up for disappointment with this arch big time, so I'm taking some steps back on everything else after.
Old 10-29-2017, 03:04 PM   #147
myconius
Abby Normal

yeah. i can imagine this must be very disappointing to see a favorite character die.

but if it's any consolation i'm sure Ch'rell will cause plenty of havoc in the name of Krang. it'll only ad more depth and more meaning to his character.
i just hope no real harm comes to Ma'Riell in light of how the Utrom military views her. she's one of the few Utrom characters i actually like.
Old 10-29-2017, 03:22 PM   #148
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, I kind of know what Game of Thrones fans go through on a regular basis now. And how it was for Toffee fans in Star Vs the Forces of Evil. To be fair, that was pretty horrifying.

If there's one prediction that I'm sure is going to happen, it's that there's going to be a massive falling out between her and Ch'rell.

Because when it comes down to it...it is kind of her fault that Krang died .

She knew Leatherhead was dangerous. She knew what he was capable of doing to Utroms. She knew he wanted Krang dead. And then she absolutely knows her brother's obsessive devotion to Krang and knew that telling him about the imprisonment would turn ugly. But she joined the prosecution to keep him there anyway and then made it possible to find Leatherhead! Then who should be surprised by what happens next! And now it's pretty much impossible to find him because he tore out his tracker.

While she doesn't know Krang is dead yet, her reaction would be gold enough. Especially if she finds out without any time to prepare herself for Ch'rell finding out.

So...as long as she comes out of it alive...

Bring it on!

(I am willing to let this go if it doesn't happen, but it might be possible that Ma'riell may have to slink away from Burnow for a little bit while she saves her skin and waits for Ch'rell to cool off. And maybe stays with the turtles for a little bit in a Dr. Xeinos - like way. And during her stay with them, she and Donatello would cross notes and realize just how connected she was to their origin.)
Old 10-29-2017, 03:28 PM   #149
neatoman
Emperor

Do you think Utrom tastes more like squid or brain?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 03:58 PM   #150
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Yeah, I kind of know what Game of Thrones fans go through on a regular basis now. And how it was for Toffee fans in Star Vs the Forces of Evil. To be fair, that was pretty horrifying.

If there's one prediction that I'm sure is going to happen, it's that there's going to be a massive falling out between her and Ch'rell.

Because when it comes down to it...it is kind of her fault that Krang died .

She knew Leatherhead was dangerous. She knew what he was capable of doing to Utroms. She knew he wanted Krang dead. And then she absolutely knows her brother's obsessive devotion to Krang and knew that telling him about the imprisonment would turn ugly. But she joined the prosecution to keep him there anyway and then made it possible to find Leatherhead! Then who should be surprised by what happens next! And now it's pretty much impossible to find him because he tore out his tracker.

While she doesn't know Krang is dead yet, her reaction would be gold enough. Especially if she finds out without any time to prepare herself for Ch'rell finding out.

So...as long as she comes out of it alive...

https://i.imgur.com/DKJhx9l.gif

Bring it on!

(I am willing to let this go if it doesn't happen, but it might be possible that Ma'riell may have to slink away from Burnow for a little bit while she saves her skin and waits for Ch'rell to cool off. And maybe stays with the turtles for a little bit in a Dr. Xeinos - like way. And during her stay with them, she and Donatello would cross notes and realize just how connected she was to their origin.)
i for one really hope Ma'Riell sticks around for a good while.
not just because she's been given the most character development out of any other Utrom outside of Krang. but she also is a pretty likable character. at least for me anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Do you think Utrom tastes more like squid or brain?
probably both.

sort of like reese's peanutbutter cups. TWO great tastes that taste GREAT together!
Old 10-29-2017, 04:03 PM   #151
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, that's why I can't get mad at her. She didn't intend on it anyway, even if there was bad decision making. She's got a lot of potential coming forward. And she'll certainly be a lot more better developed than Xeinos, Queen, or Rook out of the few female Utroms we've seen.
Old 10-29-2017, 04:19 PM   #152
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Yeah, that's why I can't get mad at her. She didn't intend on it anyway, even if there was bad decision making. She's got a lot of potential coming forward. And she'll certainly be a lot more better developed than Xeinos, Queen, or Rook out of the few female Utroms we've seen.
it can't solely be blamed on Ma'Riell anyway.
there were so many other elements that lead to the endgame anyway.
after all, it was Krang's constant torture of Leatherhead that built up such rage and hatred within him.
what comes around, right.
Old 10-29-2017, 04:29 PM   #153
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
it can't solely be blamed on Ma'Riell anyway.
there were so many other elements that lead to the endgame anyway.
after all, it was Krang's constant torture of Leatherhead that built up such rage and hatred within him.
what comes around, right.
Yeah, as far as Krang goes, I say good riddance to bad rubbish. He may have set out with the noble goal of saving his species from extinction, but he was totally willing to eliminate as many other entire species as he thought necessary to preserve his people. Those ends do not justify those means.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 04:49 PM   #154
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Yeah, as far as Krang goes, I say good riddance to bad rubbish. He may have set out with the noble goal of saving his species from extinction, but he was totally willing to eliminate as many other entire species as he thought necessary to preserve his people. Those ends do not justify those means.
absolutely!!!

Krang thought he could just do whatever to whomever he wanted.
can't feel bad for him not ONE bit!
such a pompous little jerk got exactly what he had coming to him!

Old 10-29-2017, 08:13 PM   #155
CyberCubed
Overlord

I would love to see a bloodbath for more evil characters. We had 3 villain deaths rather frequently in a row, Shredder in issue 50, then Darius Dunn only around 10 issues later, and now Krang.

I love it when villains are killed off because it feels like a huge plot point just ended. Hopefully Null gets what's coming to her soon too.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 08:19 PM   #156
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I would love to see a bloodbath for more evil characters. We had 3 villain deaths rather frequently in a row, Shredder in issue 50, then Darius Dunn only around 10 issues later, and now Krang.

I love it when villains are killed off because it feels like a huge plot point just ended. Hopefully Null gets what's coming to her soon too.
While I agree with your first point, Null still has at least two more arcs left in her. We've yet to see her full array of specialized mutants, what will become of Dreadmon, her role as the third wheel in the Bishop/Mutanimals war, and her ultimate comeuppance at the hands of Old Hob (I imagine).

It's too soon for her to go, she just barely got here. I would like to see if she transforms like Archie Null, too.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 08:30 PM   #157
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, I think it'll be a while before there's another "Bye???" death like Dunn's. And since Null hasn't even entered into the main line, I highly doubt it'll be her.

And now that I bring up Null...where did Zodi go? She was a pretty big deal and then she vanished.

Darius really wasn't much of a big thing considering how briefly he was around, so I'd hardly count him as a "big villain death".
Just Shredder and Krang. If anything, it's the third big one: Kitsune.

And now that I think about it, all three of them have a common trait: they're really pushy in trying to achieve their goals and make mistakes that blow up in their faces and it comes around in an ironic way. Saki's fear of death and vendetta against Yoshi. Krang's violent lengths to save his people only to never rejoin them.
So now it's down to Kitsune, trying to bring her father back to the physical realm. So the question becomes...how's that going to bite back?

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 10-29-2017 at 08:36 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 08:33 PM   #158
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

About the whole pink blood thing: are you guys sure you aren’t mistaking remnants of flesh/brain hanging out of Leatherhead’s mouth as blood? It kind of looked like that could’ve been the case.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 08:37 PM   #159
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

That was another thing I considered, but it was too fluid. That, and Krang was bleeding in #43 after the his armor's glass shattered - in pink.
Old 10-29-2017, 10:26 PM   #160
myconius
Abby Normal

i'd say Leatherhead chewed Krang into pink goo.

almost like a jelly.