The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 06-18-2018, 08:03 PM   #1
Prowler
Emperor

Do you consider yourself attractive?

Most people are self-conscious of their looks to some degree, but others are more confident and consider themselves good looking.

I consider myself pretty average. I might look uglier or more attractive depending on how I dress or what my facial hair and hair look like that day. I guess I'm just an ordinary looking guy. Nothing stands out about my appearance most of the time. I'm like 1,83m(6'0), pale skinned with brown hair and eyes, thin and dress discreetly or wear a metal band t-shirt. I'm just your average 27 year old European guy, I'm guessing?

What about you? How would you rate yourself?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 08:15 PM   #2
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Women actually think I'm reasonable to look at. Some are actually more than pleased with my looks, even when I'm not clean shaven, which is how I prefer to be. So I guess that's good enough for me.

When I was a teenager, a girl told me that she rates my looks a 7 on a scale of one to ten. I'll take it.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 08:21 PM   #3
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Women actually think I'm reasonable to look at. Some are actually more than pleased with my looks, even when I'm not clean shaven, which is how I prefer to be. So I guess that's good enough for me.

When I was a teenager, a girl told me that she rates my looks a 7 on a scale of one to ten. I'll take it.
Your personality, the way you dress and the way you carry yourself also can influence the final score. Not saying that's your case per se, but it's the case for many people I know. Otherwise I wouldn't see so many not so great looking guys and even guys out of shape getting pretty decent looking girlfriends. In HS, I had a classmate who was already balding at the age of 16 and was short(about 168 cm/5'6) and a bit overweight. But he was pretty confident and social and thus had lots of friends and got several gfs when he was younger. And no, he wasn't rich.

I've also seen good looking girls/women who for some reason aren't really that attractive to guys, even if they have decent personalities. They just seem to lack "sex appeal" or something. It's strange how attraction works.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:11 PM   #4
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Trust me, I'm one dashing and handsome son of a gun.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 03:05 AM   #5
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

No, not really.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:41 AM   #6
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Your personality, the way you dress and the way you carry yourself also can influence the final score. Not saying that's your case per se, but it's the case for many people I know. Otherwise I wouldn't see so many not so great looking guys and even guys out of shape getting pretty decent looking girlfriends. In HS, I had a classmate who was already balding at the age of 16 and was short(about 168 cm/5'6) and a bit overweight. But he was pretty confident and social and thus had lots of friends and got several gfs when he was younger. And no, he wasn't rich.

I've also seen good looking girls/women who for some reason aren't really that attractive to guys, even if they have decent personalities. They just seem to lack "sex appeal" or something. It's strange how attraction works.
I was pretty sure that girl I mentioned was just rating how I looked in the face and that's all.

Honestly, I wasn't really sure that I was "attractive" in the way of aesthetics until I was in 11th grade. I had an AOL account where I talked to a lot of girls online. When I was finally able to show them what I look like, they were all pleased with my looks. Some even commented on how they can't believe I never had a girlfriend. It was easier to show them my better side since I only chatted with them online. The girls in my school might have thought I was attractive too, but didn't seem to see me as boyfriend material. I was sure some of them thought of me as kind of a geek, or thought we just simply didn't have the chemistry for a relationship. I also had some issues that I was going through, and I figured they wouldn't want to go the distance with me and maybe get caught up in them, and that they might just prefer to be just friends with me instead, or just plain not want anything to do with me. Once of my guy friends would tell me that the girls liked me as a friend and found me easy to talk to, and have even said I was a gentleman. Still, I knew it wasn't enough to just look good and be a nice guy.

I'm not surprised that there are guys who don't share you sentiments on what constitutes an attractive woman. As a guy, I hate to say things like this, but those guys probably didn't think much of these women because their breasts weren't as big as they'd like for them to be, or didn't have a considerable amount of junk in the trunk.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:55 AM   #7
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I'm a well applied contour away from looking like a troglodyte to fabulous.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:46 AM   #8
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Idk, I'd say no. I've been called cute, cute smile, all that in accordance to my face and I guess I'd call myself cute too, but it's everything from the neck down I wouldn't call attractive lol.

The funny thing is, most of my jobs would always have one or two girls heavily flirt with me while I was taken, knowing full well I wouldn't be the kind to cheat. And while i wore my geeky fandom on my sleeve, the flirting and the 'if you weren't already taken' talk never stopped.

The moment I'm actually single it all stops lol. I've never cared to ask why, I kinda let it go, but it is a funny observation.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:45 AM   #9
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:50 AM   #10
newfan
Mad Scientist

Of course, I'm gorgeous! (and kidding)

Wasn't there a thread similar to this at some point? Think it was before I joined, not sure.

Anyway as for the comments regarding personality and confidence, yes confidence is known to be an attractive trait (but not overly of course, that can be the oposite)
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:56 AM   #11
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Wasn't there a thread similar to this at some point?
I'm almost positive this exact thread has existed, almost verbatim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler
Yeah. Lots of women aren't... fantastically good looking, but through their personality/way they carry themselves can possess a certain allure or sexiness that can do a lot. This doesn't do much for first impressions, but it's real.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 06:01 PM   #12
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post

Yeah. Lots of women aren't... fantastically good looking, but through their personality/way they carry themselves can possess a certain allure or sexiness that can do a lot. This doesn't do much for first impressions, but it's real.
Or they have strange face shapes but have this odd je ne sais quoi about them that makes them really attractive. I mean, look at Scarlett Johansson. If we want to be technical and rational about it she has a fish face, which sounds like an ugly woman when you hear that description... but one can't deny she's very good looking.
Old 06-19-2018, 06:13 PM   #13
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Do you consider yourself attractive?
Eh. I mostly just label myself as "okay." Average I guess, or I at least hope. Never had much confidence in my looks.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 08:20 AM   #14
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Of course, I'm gorgeous! (and kidding)

Wasn't there a thread similar to this at some point? Think it was before I joined, not sure.

Anyway as for the comments regarding personality and confidence, yes confidence is known to be an attractive trait (but not overly of course, that can be the oposite)
No, it asked if we considered ourselves good and smart people. Not if we're attractive.
Old 06-24-2018, 06:44 PM   #15
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Ugh. Can't get the video thumbnail I wanted to work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N0yXGVWS1Y
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote