The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-17-2018, 11:09 AM   #1101
Vegita-San
Emperor

because it rings true of how super heroes are supposedto act.

those other two movies are more following murderers than super hero's.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:13 AM   #1102
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Old 02-20-2018, 01:56 PM   #1103
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 01:36 PM   #1104
ZariusTwo
Overlord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPVo271-LhE&t=1s
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 02:55 PM   #1105
raph27
Mad Scientist

Finally saw this on a flight yesterday. I had heard bad reports, but...holy sh*t that was terrible. Don't know if we still need spoiler tags since it's already on Blu-ray and all but I'll do it just in case.

Spoiler:

- Weird face aside, Superman seemed completely different than in the previous movies, overconfident and cocky to the point where it took me out of the movie.
- Was Bruce bringing in Lois as "the big guns" supposed to wrap up the Flash dream sequence from BvS or was that pointing to something that was cut?
- The whole movie seemed short. I realize that WB cut it down, but this really needed more to it.
- Why did Bruce not have a beard, then have a beard when finding Aquaman, only to shave the beard off? Was there supposed to be a time jump between Batman on the rooftop and then him going to find Aquaman?
-How did Aquaman know that Bruce was Batman?
- The old Batman theme was used, but it was so brief it felt clunky.
- What was the point of introducing Gordon? He didn't do anything!
- Affleck seemed really "meh" in all his scenes. Nothing like what we saw in BvS.
- Steppenwolf is the most bland villain I think I've ever seen in a superhero movie. That elf dude from Thor 2 was better than him.
- The Amazonians' outfits seemed skimpier than in WW, unless I'm misremembering WW. There wouldn't have been any in-universe reason to change them, right?
- It felt like all of Diana's character revolved around Steve. Again, nothing like BvS.
- The final fight became laughably bad once Superman showed up. I was legitimately considering quitting it there.
- Disappointed that we didn't see some of the Bruce/Diana chemistry from the trailers.
- I thought DC fixed their product placement problem after BvS. The shot of Bruce's car starting up was groan-worthy.
-End credits scene with Luthor and Deathstroke should have made me hyped, but the rest was so abysmal that I have no hope for a Justice League 2.

And all this was on a tiny plane screen in SD, too. Can't imagine how bad the CGI would look on Blu-ray or in the theater.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 11:43 AM   #1106
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Was gonna post this in the Batman v Superman thread but it looks like it's still locked.

Purely academic at this point, but Zack Snyder has said the Doomsday/Zombie Zod in BvS was not the real Doomsday, that the real Doomsday is still out there:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batma...ewhere-a161407
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 11:49 AM   #1107
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Was gonna post this in the Batman v Superman thread but it looks like it's still locked.

Purely academic at this point, but Zack Snyder has said the Doomsday/Zombie Zod in BvS was not the real Doomsday, that the real Doomsday is still out there:

ROFL, just like the "real" Mandarin is out there in the MCU
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 11:58 AM   #1108
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:

everyone give us your best kif groan. uggghh..

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:59 PM   #1109
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:

That was never "news". The movie itself tells you this.

"It has been decreed by the council of Krypton that none will ever again give life to a deformity, so hateful to sight and memory - the Desecration Without Name."

The Genesis Chamber flat-out says, in plain English, that someone already created another "Doomsday" on Krypton at least once before. I'd have to dig for them, but Snyder gave several interviews referring to the one in the film as "Larval Stage" Doomsday, and this isn't even the first time he confirmed that there was another one, while strongly hinting that one was always planned to appear eventually. This was all talked about the same week the movie came out.

It's not news, it was spoken plain. People just weren't paying attention.

More than likely, the "real" Doomsday was always going to eventually be part of the big Darkseid rumble, once we got there, either as a tool/weapon of Darkseid's - extremely likely - or possibly as a weapon the JLA would be forced to try and unleash against Darkseid as a last resort - which would be less plausible but equally cool to see. Most likely plan was for Doomsday to have been created on and then banished from Krypton long ago and somehow come into Darkseid's "possession" on his way to conquer Earth. Since we'd already seen a "prototype" Doomsday, it would be a Big Huge Deal when the fully-formed, much more dangerous one showed up alongside Darkseid and took on the entire Justice League instead of just three of them. The BvS fight would have simply been a teaser for a much bigger fight later on, and the League would have to fight their way through him before facing Darkseid.

They've had Darkseid and Doomsday linked in such fashion many times in the comics so I have zero doubt that some form of the above is what the ultimate plan originally was for Justice League II.

Anyways... not news.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 10:05 AM   #1110
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Here is an article about the vision and execution of the Justice League film.
http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/j...t-missing/amp/
Old 06-14-2019, 02:07 PM   #1111
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...lan-story/amp/

Justice League 2 could have wrapped everything up today.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:28 PM   #1112
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...lan-story/amp/

Justice League 2 could have wrapped everything up today.
no thanks no need for more Zack "Darkness no parents" Snyder and thankfully DC agreed.
Old 06-14-2019, 10:24 PM   #1113
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
no thanks no need for more Zack "Darkness no parents" Snyder and thankfully DC agreed.
For better or worse I have been intrigued by Snyder's version and wish they would have finished it.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 10:43 PM   #1114
Galactus
Foot Elite

At one point in the Batman v Superman production Snyder wanted Martha Kent and Martha Wayne to be the same person; That Batman and Superman had the same mother.

Snyder's "vision" for the DCEU completely unfettered by the studio would have been an even bigger car crash than what we got. I appreciate that some people are morbidly curious but I think we should be glad the damage was limited somwhat.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 11:07 PM   #1115
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
At one point in the Batman v Superman production Snyder wanted Martha Kent and Martha Wayne to be the same person; That Batman and Superman had the same mother.
This was debunked as simply making a joke, literally the same day it was "reported". Two seconds on Google to verify. Never "what he wanted", never going to happen, never actually discussed. A joke.

Lies are vulgar, please don't spread them. Much appreciated.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 11:44 PM   #1116
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
For better or worse I have been intrigued by Snyder's version and wish they would have finished it.
That makes one of us.

The problems were apparent in BvS. Batman was kind of pointless in the film. He spent 15 minutes going toe-to-toe with Supes, then was worthless against Doomsday. It made the whole character worthless. His whole function in the film was to put a kryptonite spear into Supes's hands.

Then we pan out in Justice League and find that not only is Batman pointless, the entire Justice League is, too.

If you're going to make a Justice League movie, make one where other characters get to shine and develop. If you're going to make a bunch of losers whine about not having Superman, then have Superman beat the crap out of them, then don't bother. Just give me a Superman movie and be done with it.

The Snyderverse had no idea what it wanted to be. And it made me cringe with how nebulous and superfluous the characters were.

There was that one brief, shining moment where Superman gives his "truth and Justice" bit. And that was it. Everything else felt forced and awkward. Good riddance.
Old 06-15-2019, 12:11 AM   #1117
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
This was debunked as simply making a joke, literally the same day it was "reported". Two seconds on Google to verify. Never "what he wanted", never going to happen, never actually discussed. A joke.

Lies are vulgar, please don't spread them. Much appreciated.
If that's true then I cheerfully withdraw. Still let's be honest it's totally something he might do.

He's not an untalented director and I'm sure he's a blast to work with but he's directed a number of comic book movies but only one good one and even that one was largely only good in parts were he followed the graphic novel exactly and he recycled one of the stupidest contributions for Man of Steel.

Speaking of Watchmen I remember in interviews promoting it he said that the only comic books he'd ever read were (funnily enough) TMNT so the idea put forward by defenders of his DC work that he uniquely gets these DC characters is way overstated.

Even keeping the "spirit" of a universe that in parts spans from the 40s and had multiple revisions and house styles would be a tall order but if there's one thing that separates DC from it's rival is a sense of tradition. As Alan Moore put it thet are the smiley uncles of the super hero set that hung on to chest symbols and capes, putting them in an edgelord universe were "Batman could get raped in prison" is not something that was ever going to easily fly.

It's not entirely his fault DC themselves were going in this direction with the New 52 and I think they saw it as the way forward with their movies and eventually differentiate themselves from Marvel after their own attempt to make a Marvel-esque movie didn't work.

Even if I think grim dark DC is hard for the public to swallow it could have worked but while it's tone and aesthetics screamed dark it's ideas were not really all that dark. If Superman existed the army would fear him, sometimes Superman may be forced to kill or superhero battles would seem like 9/11 to regular people are not particularly as mature or edgy as Syder thinks, they are pretty standard and certainly not the deep cut plots and themes you'd expect from someone lauded as having some unique insight to the DC heroes.

Even these pretty milquetoast themes he didn't really develop them into anything more than saying "hey this is a theme".

So...there's my Snyder rant. They say everyone has at least one in them.
Old 06-15-2019, 06:35 AM   #1118
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
I agree with both points. I wanted the Darkseid plot resolved. A big DC guy like me didn't even know who Steppenwolf was at the time. However, I am glad DC sparred Aquaman's father from Black Manta. Seeing the parents reunite at the end was a crowd pleaser that went over well and surprised me in a good way. Hopefully David won't get him in the sequel.
Old 06-15-2019, 05:42 PM   #1119
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
That makes one of us.

The problems were apparent in BvS. Batman was kind of pointless in the film. He spent 15 minutes going toe-to-toe with Supes, then was worthless against Doomsday. It made the whole character worthless. His whole function in the film was to put a kryptonite spear into Supes's hands.

Then we pan out in Justice League and find that not only is Batman pointless, the entire Justice League is, too.

If you're going to make a Justice League movie, make one where other characters get to shine and develop. If you're going to make a bunch of losers whine about not having Superman, then have Superman beat the crap out of them, then don't bother. Just give me a Superman movie and be done with it.
They kinda backed themselves into that corner by killing Superman in Dawn of Justice.

Justice League had little choice but to be about how important Superman is and his resurrection.

Honestly I fail to see the decades old obsession the WB had with doing The Death of Superman story. Sure, it was a huge deal that made headlines back in the day the day but now everyone is clued in that death of super heroes are hardly a big deal and the story itself is hardly remembered as a classic.

I think they've probably screwed themselves when it comes to future Superman. Even if Cavill had not sought a pay rise it would take some out of the box thinking to get people interested in this version of the character. When coming out of Thor: Ragnarok my first though way hey that's basically could be the Triceraton arc from TMNT made into a movie...then my second thought was hey that could easily have been the Gladiator arc from Superman were he goes to Warworld.

There's hundreds of ways to go with the character but if you can't somehow work in the pretentious self importance of Death of Superman and Dark Knight Returns WB and DC are not interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I agree with both points. I wanted the Darkseid plot resolved. A big DC guy like me didn't even know who Steppenwolf was at the time.
They shouldn't have made it two movies. They had not earned that the way the MCU has.

You could argue that Avengers 2012 did the same thing by making the villain a lackey for the off-screen big bad kept back for the sequel but Loki is a villain in his own right and proved popular in the Thor movie.

Just picking one of Darkseid's flunkies that no one had ever heard of at random was stupid. If they were going to go that route they should have had all of them. Have Darkseid send Granny Goodness to get the Mother Box on Themyscira, Mantis to get the one in Atlantis, Steppenwolf to get one on somewhere like OA and then Kalibak to get one in museum or something like that in Central City.

Then in the big battle Superman battles Darkseid and the rest take on one of his warriors. Superman gets that all important comeback and the other members of the Justice League get something to do.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:30 AM   #1120
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
You could argue that Avengers 2012 did the same thing by making the villain a lackey for the off-screen big bad kept back for the sequel but Loki is a villain in his own right and proved popular in the Thor movie.

Just picking one of Darkseid's flunkies that no one had ever heard of at random was stupid. If they were going to go that route they should have had all of them. Have Darkseid send Granny Goodness to get the Mother Box on Themyscira, Mantis to get the one in Atlantis, Steppenwolf to get one on somewhere like OA and then Kalibak to get one in museum or something like that in Central City.

Then in the big battle Superman battles Darkseid and the rest take on one of his warriors. Superman gets that all important comeback and the other members of the Justice League get something to do.
That is exactly what should have been done, plain and simple!