The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-03-2015, 10:08 AM   #181
snake
Disgusting

Best finale I've seen in awhile. 10/10
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 04:42 PM   #182
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So why were people so angry Clone Wars was canceled again? Wasn't that show expected to wrap up given the sheer mass of episodes and that they were getting toward the end of that point in the timeline?

Star Wars Rebels is in the same continuity and is picking up many of the plotlines from the end of Clone Wars because its all part of the same continuity. Why did people get in such an uproar over it?

Hell maybe they can animate the Darth Maul closure they did in the comics in this show instead.
Can't speak for others but I was disappointed that Clone Wars was cancelled even though Lucasfilm had written/recorded ~ 2 more seasons worth of episodes. Honestly, the only thing I really still wanted from CW was their arc leading directly into Episode III (Grievous capturing Palpatine).

I also wouldn't say Rebels is picking up many plot lines from Clone Wars either. All they did was introduce an older Ahsoka.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 06:20 PM   #183
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Can't speak for others but I was disappointed that Clone Wars was cancelled even though Lucasfilm had written/recorded ~ 2 more seasons worth of episodes. Honestly, the only thing I really still wanted from CW was their arc leading directly into Episode III (Grievous capturing Palpatine).

I also wouldn't say Rebels is picking up many plot lines from Clone Wars either. All they did was introduce an older Ahsoka.
That's why I was disapointed. Atleast let the show finish it's run.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:21 PM   #184
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Didn't it finish on Netflix?
Old 03-03-2015, 06:34 PM   #185
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Didn't it finish on Netflix?
Nah, they just released 13 more episodes on Netflix when they had about 40-50 still in production.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:17 PM   #186
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Nah, they just released 13 more episodes on Netflix when they had about 40-50 still in production.
Up to season 8, right?
Old 03-03-2015, 07:31 PM   #187
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Up to season 8, right?
Yep.

In other news, Sarah Michelle Gellar is voicing a character in Season 2.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ney-xd/370564/
Old 03-04-2015, 09:30 AM   #188
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

It's weird. My other half was saying it'd be cool if Gellar joined the cast a few months ago. I started watching Buffy about a year ago and was hoping to hear her in Star Wars animation at some point. She's just got one of those voices, in my opinion. Awesome that this is actually happening now. Any speculations concerning who she might be voicing? Man, I better get off this page before I come across some Rebels season 1 finale spoilers. That's right, amazon instant video is the only site that doesn't have Fire Across the Galaxy for purchase yet, and it's nearly been two days since the thing aired. I'm going a little crazy over here. haha
Old 03-05-2015, 09:11 AM   #189
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

IGN interviews Dave Filoni concerning the season finale of Rebels and what to expect in season 2. http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/...ason-2-will-go
Old 03-07-2015, 11:20 AM   #190
snake
Disgusting

What are the chances someone will film the season 2 airing at celebration? I'll do anything to see it!
Old 03-07-2015, 11:49 AM   #191
CyberCubed
Overlord

When this series ends I would love if they finally made a series based on Luke/Han/Leia set in various time periods of the original trilogy. Basically the same thing the comics did back in the 90's but with all new stories.

I don't know why they haven't done it yet. Wouldn't it be logical to make a Star Wars cartoon set in the most popular time period with the most popular characters? I'd love to see the stories I saw in videogames/comics in the 90's brought to life, but I know they would be all-new as the old stuff is non-canon now.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 01:04 PM   #192
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
What are the chances someone will film the season 2 airing at celebration? I'll do anything to see it!
You ain't the only one, dude. I wish I could go. Celebration sounds fantastic.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:32 PM   #193
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindturtle02 View Post
You ain't the only one, dude. I wish I could go. Celebration sounds fantastic.
No kidding. I wish I could go simply for the S2 premiere and the new Ep VII trailer/footage.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:39 PM   #194
M.O.D.O.K.
Thug

Quote:
Security tends to be very tight at those events. Though I don't think it'll be too long until season two premieres. Probably a month later, at most.
M.O.D.O.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 10:16 PM   #195
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

True. Disney XD has been known to air new episodes during Summer. That's what I'm hoping for Rebels.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:41 PM   #196
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
When this series ends I would love if they finally made a series based on Luke/Han/Leia set in various time periods of the original trilogy. Basically the same thing the comics did back in the 90's but with all new stories.

I don't know why they haven't done it yet. Wouldn't it be logical to make a Star Wars cartoon set in the most popular time period with the most popular characters? I'd love to see the stories I saw in videogames/comics in the 90's brought to life, but I know they would be all-new as the old stuff is non-canon now.
Well we are getting new stories about that in comic and book form already in the new canon. I don't see an animated show taking that approach either, I'm sure there'll be plenty of new SWs cartoons after this one but they'll be something new, in fact I remember reading a rumor that Rebels would only last a few seasons and they would later switch to an Episode VII era CG show. They'll leave the in between stories for comics and books where it's easier to market and not confuse people with all the time jumping.

We do have that live action show set between Episode III and IV
it was announced at the same time as Clone Wars and was supposed to come out around the same time but didn't. It was revealed before the sale that they had finished the scripts to 100 episodes or so and everything was ready to be shot they were just waiting for technology to be cheaper so they could do the show on a TV budget. Counting the scripts and the rest is already done I'd love to see Disney film this eventually. we'll see though.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:42 PM   #197
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Please let this happen in S2:

Old 04-18-2015, 01:20 PM   #198
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Some good stuff coming in S2

Old 04-19-2015, 01:34 AM   #199
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Good to bring that "clone wars" vibe, that can only be a good thing. Maybe bit more closure can be added to the series. Looking forward to this. Season 1 grew on me a lot.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 02:06 PM   #200
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Man, that season 2 trailer! Was that Sam Witwer voicing Palpatine? Sure sounded like him to me. He just nails it. Very excited to hopefully be getting a little closure from Clone Wars. I loved season 1 of Rebels to death but this one looks like it's going to draw in quite an audience. Season 1 felt a bit like A New Hope which was very fitting, so it's great to see things getting a bit more intense similar to Empire. Also awesome to hear James Earl Jones again. I think Matt Sloan, the guy who had been voicing Vader, did a fantastic job in games like Force Unleashed. Ya just can't beat the original though. It was a joy hearing him in the extended opening of Spark of Rebellion. Jones has still got it. Can't wait for season 2. I wish I'd gotten to go to Celebration so I could have seen the first two episodes of season 2, but that'll give me more to watch when it airs on TV.