The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 07-04-2018, 11:40 PM   #21
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Personally, I think improvements would still only be limited. Their true enemy is still an evil businessman who wants to get "stupid rich" by hurting people and Shredder is basically just his attack dog. Splitting it into two characters may have left out this Shredder's having any reason why he should even give a crap about Sack's scheme or the Turtles (would it have been so hard to give him some kind of stakes in the matter?)... but on the other hand, even if Sack's remained Shredder, it still doesn't make sense because he has NO clue that his so-called "cure" would for some inexplicable reason mutate his lab animals into intelligent humanoid people, doesn't question it, and is completely unsurprised that it even happened. (Sure, he was mildly impressed, but definitely not the right reaction...)

And instead of changing course because the new mutagenic revelation SHOULD have kind of interested him... no, he still just wants to make the city sick to get rich while he STILL also hasn't any idea if the mutagen will cure anyone. Will be a bit hard to get rich if you just end up killing everyone instead.

Meanwhile... yes, "even if it kills them"... lets just murder one of the most massive discoveries in science history that could have made you rich and famous. Harming the citizens of the city - including perhaps killing some of your clientele/business partners/etc who give you money - is so much more attractive then telling the world you found a way to turn animals into people.

Sack's doesn't need to be Shredder to still not make sense, he did a pretty good job of that himself, too.
Do we know for a fact that plot was in the original cut? Seeing how we have trailers of Sacks saying he was "trying to create heroes" and that "fear will destroy this world" as well as the rumors of scenes of Foot Ninja being hooked up to tubes. I'm guessing Sacks plan was originally more than just making money.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 02:22 AM   #22
Powder
So tired of this place

The original plot was to create a superhuman army to take over the world or whatever, there was even said to be a fight scene between his grunts & NYPD, iirc.

Here's some concept art of a mutated "Foot Soldier"-

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 07:54 AM   #23
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

It would have be a terrible idea because there'd still be no legit reason for Splinter to have a grudge against Shredder. It was already made clear that they were changing things for the sake of change. And I said this before in a thread years ago, you can't change something and use the excuse "different take." It has to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I would've liked Sachs as Shredder better than what we got, heck they should've gone with the original idea of Colonel Schrader.

And I think the whitewashing arguement is complete garbage. So many of the Shredders over the years have had traits that were not Japanese. OT and Nick Shredder didn't sound like Japanese men at all (barring OT Shredder in season 1) and 2k3 Shredder was not even human, let alone Japanese.
There's a huge difference between a character being voiced by someone of a different race and a character actually being of a different race. And the original Shredder (before he became Tengu Shredder), was still of asian descent. His name was still Oroku Saki which makes this apparent.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 08:47 PM   #24
dragonside
Hench Mutant

Teenage mutant alien turtles...
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 10:12 AM   #25
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Nooo....

That would be one of the worst options. (Imo)

"Hey, we're going to reboot it and do another film!" *goes back to original alien plan and writes script half based on Blue Door*

Would it be possible to laugh (in a fit of madness) and cry at the same time?
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 01:23 PM   #26
Casey
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I'd lean towards yes. I mean, it couldn't be much worse.
I’ve been thinking and I second this. Both less and more annoying for different reasons.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:25 PM   #27
Casey
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
There's a huge difference between a character being voiced by someone of a different race and a character actually being of a different race. And the original Shredder (before he became Tengu Shredder), was still of asian descent. His name was still Oroku Saki which makes this apparent.
Yeah, it’s not rocket science folks.

Tags
fichtner, shredder