The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #1
Danetello
Stone Warrior

Breaking Bad

I DID do a search and couldn't find an official thread, so hopefully it's ok to start this one!

The final 8 episodes of BB starts in a week, and I am UBER excited!

Anyone else excited to finally see what happens to Walt, Jessie and their lives?
Will Hank say anything?
What was the whole thing about being from New England about in the last season? How will that tie in?
Does that mean Walt is on the run? Will Hank turn him ini or let him go!?

Argh so many questions!

Hank has been sitting on the toilet WAY too long!! Time to get back to the patio and confront Mr White, Hank!!.....

Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #2
Danetello
Stone Warrior

Surely SOMEBODY here watches BB?! Nobody watched the new season that started this week?!

Old 08-14-2013, 04:22 PM   #3
Rockvoanjd
Thug

I watch it, love it. Pissed that I couldn't get the Goorin Heisenberg hat today.
Rockvoanjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:24 PM   #4
Danetello
Stone Warrior

Finally someone! lol.
I don't really buy BB merchandise. Hot Topic, Spencer's and a bunch of online t-shirt places have some cool shirts that I've considered, but have so far not bought any.

Old 08-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #5
Rockvoanjd
Thug

Check out Goorin.com, they are the ones that made Walts hat from the show. Not that I would wear it, kinda just wanted the box. Anyways it's a limited release, as soon as it went up, site crashed.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:40 PM   #6
Davetello
Banned

Hi mate - your username is eerily similar to mine

Breaking Bad is without doubt the greatest live-action television show I have ever seen (with the caveat being that I'm yet to begin watching the Wire, so BB may be bumped to second place soon). I first watched the show on Netflix a year ago and absolutely loved it. I rewatched all 54 eps again a few months ago to get me in the mood for the show's climax. I've even got my mum into the show.

It's simply sensational. The writing, the acting, the plot, the pacing. It's one of those rare shows which improves over time rather than declines.

The final 8 eps air on Netflix UK a few hours after the American broadcast ends, so I watched ep 9 on Monday. All I can say is 'wow'. I wish these eps were being released all-at-once as the suspense is killing me

You have a fellow fan here mate. I'd love to discuss the show with you over the coming weeks.
Davetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:33 AM   #7
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

I watch it and it's one of the best, but I don't want to speculate anything at all.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:34 AM   #8
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Huge fan of the show. Started watching it in Season 2 and been pretty obsessed since then.

the last episode was masterfully done, going to be so sad once the show is over with.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #9
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

That last episode was great. This show always has me on the edge of my seat. When this episode ended, I realized I was breathing heavy and nervous..haha. No other show gets me worked up like that. This is my favorite show..pretty sad that there's only 3 episodes left.

Then, I watched this week's Dexter. Such opposite ends of the spectrum.

Last edited by MrPliggins; 09-11-2013 at 03:34 PM. Reason: 3 episodes, not 2
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:29 PM   #10
Rockvoanjd
Thug

Pretty bummed myself it's almost over, but it's been a helluva ride. Such great writing and acting. Truly the greatest thing I ever watched on tv. I've been wanting a pair of skull tip boots that the cousins wear. I figured they'd be good beer drinking boots in the bar
Old 09-10-2013, 08:59 PM   #11
Davin
Stone Warrior

I've been watching since the first episode premiered. It's bittersweet that this is the last season, but I love it when great shows end before they go south so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it gets a fitting end.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #12
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

With mega-popular shows like this, it seems finale expectations are always so high that they're always bound to disappoint. However, this season has been pulling out all the right stops, so I'm pretty optimistic.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:05 AM   #13
Davetello
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPliggins View Post
That last episode was great. This show always has me on the edge of my seat. When this episode ended, I realized I was breathing heavy and nervous..haha. No other show gets me worked up like that. This is my favorite show..pretty sad that there's only 3 episodes left.

Then, I watched this week's Dexter. Such opposite ends of the spectrum.

I lurk a Man United forum (ironic as I detest Man United) and in the entertainment section they're always whining about Dexter's decline (which is accurate). They constantly say it's better to watch Dexter first every week. They're right too because I tried watching it after BB one week and it was intolerable. Of course, this wouldn't be an issue if Dexter hadn't been moved from Autumn (Fall) to summer for the final season. That's what's caused the clashing.

As for BB, it's really been great and it's leading up to a spectacular climax. We get it on Netflix UK the morning after it airs in the States so I feel a bit better about the fact I don't have to torrent it
Old 09-12-2013, 10:17 AM   #14
Super Moderator

I remember when the first season of this show aired and no one cared at all. Then out of nowhere it exploded. Same with Walking Dead. Weird how that works out.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #15
Davetello
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
I remember when the first season of this show aired and no one cared at all. Then out of nowhere it exploded. Same with Walking Dead. Weird how that works out.
Over here it doesn't get much publicity. I became aware of it in 2010 or so and finally watched it in 2012. I have a habit of procrastinating with TV shows. Possibly another reason that people didn't care as much after season 1 is that season 1 is simply 'good'. Every other season is clearly better - the initial season was reduced from thirteen episodes to seven due to a strike and that hampered it. I think it 'exploded' because it improved in quality and this led to greater word of mouth. I've read more than one person say they didn't get the fuss until season two.

I hadn't even heard of the Walking Dead show until the second season was about to begin. For some strange reason I hadn't realised there was a TV series of the comics. If we're being honest it's not really that good - it's simply an easy time sink. It's popular because zombie fiction in general is 'in'. but it's not a particularly good show by normal standards. I still watch it though as the premise (and the comics) appeals to me.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:55 PM   #16
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

This final season has been fantastic. Can't wait to see how they wrap it up next week.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #17
Oisterboy
Foot Soldier

I'm confused about how they're going to wrap everything up neatly in a 45 minute span...seems like it should be an extended episode or something, I just see too many loose ends and unanswered questions. However, they're pretty masterful story tellers so I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

I wanna see Badger one last time though. I love that dude lol.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:17 AM   #18
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

It feels like there is so much more to show and tell... only one more ep... but remember, it's a long ep by about 10 or 15 minutes (same as yesterday's)
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:48 AM   #19
Oisterboy
Foot Soldier

Oh good :] I don't really notice the time since I DVR them with an extended 5 minutes (so it records 5 beyond where the allotted time ends).

I dunno what I'm gonna watch after this ends. I like Always Sunny but thats not a very long season, and I gave up on Walking Dead after reading the comic.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:48 PM   #20
SparkyMarky644
Thug

I absolutely love the show. Can't wait for the final episode. This is going to be a long 6 days. I'm going to miss this show so much.
SparkyMarky644 is offline   Reply With Quote