The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-07-2019, 04:59 AM   #1101
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I'm telling you to sit down and be quiet if you can't discuss without making it seem like there's a giant rod shoved up your ass.

You can debate my point all day. Have fun.
You're telling me to sit down and be quiet because you can't handle being called out. I'll continue to point and laugh at the ridiculous sh*t you say.
Old 11-07-2019, 05:05 AM   #1102
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
You're telling me to sit down and be quiet because you can't handle being called out. I'll continue to point and laugh at the ridiculous sh*t you say.
No. It was because you were telling me no one cares what I think and acting like you have a coconut shoved up your ass with your general attitude.

I'm here to discuss. It's a forum. I wouldn't be here if I didn't enjoy debate. I often have my ideas challenged and my mind changed by members here. But don't throw a hissyfit or it's not fun anymore.

Don't tell me nobody cares about my opinion, and then pretend I am the one trying to silence you when I reply in a similar manner. Nice try.

Now, I've edited my above post to be more clear on my thoughts. Hopefully you will take a second to do the same if you reply.

Last edited by AquaParade; 11-07-2019 at 05:18 AM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 07:07 AM   #1103
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
No. It was because you were telling me no one cares what I think and acting like you have a coconut shoved up your ass with your general attitude.

I'm here to discuss. It's a forum. I wouldn't be here if I didn't enjoy debate. I often have my ideas challenged and my mind changed by members here. But don't throw a hissyfit or it's not fun anymore.

Don't tell me nobody cares about my opinion, and then pretend I am the one trying to silence you when I reply in a similar manner. Nice try.

Now, I've edited my above post to be more clear on my thoughts. Hopefully you will take a second to do the same if you reply.
Never have I stated that I agree with that hyperbolic notion. You claimed to debunk it with your evidence being that they do look like their comic counterparts and that's what I'm arguing against. I'm starting a new conversation with you, not continuing someone else's argument about stunt casting. Yet, you act like I'm Leo, trying to tell me I missed the point and insinuating I didn't read your entire post a dozen times, like if I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

So don't get at me for saying "nobody cares" when your general attitude isn't that nice, especially when you say stuff like"debunked" at the end of your personal opinions. Which is the only reason I even said you didn't debunk anything. Then you go on to say things like people who want comic accuracy are silly and afraid of change. Comes off weaselly and condescending. So yeah, I responded with attitude.

What I said should have been taken as a completely new discussion as the majority of my post was in regards to your comments about acting. I'm allowed to comment on your talking points without picking a side in a argument I never made. Saying you're wrong isn't saying Leo is correct. It just means you didn't debunk the argument with your assessment and that acting isn't everything in comic book films.

I didn't make my original post with the intention of having a stupid long-winded fight and it's a shame it turned out this way. There was clearly miscommunication so I do apologize for the confusion and I'll try to be clearer. Hopefully you see your part in this as well, because I am sorry for the attitude and hopefully we can move on in a more civil manner.
Old 11-07-2019, 07:46 AM   #1104
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
Never have I stated that I agree with that hyperbolic notion. You claimed to debunk it with your evidence being that they do look like their comic counterparts and that's what I'm arguing against. I'm starting a new conversation with you, not continuing someone else's argument about stunt casting. Yet, you act like I'm Leo, trying to tell me I missed the point and insinuating I didn't read your entire post a dozen times, like if I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

So don't get at me for saying "nobody cares" when your general attitude isn't that nice, especially when you say stuff like"debunked" at the end of your personal opinions. Which is the only reason I even said you didn't debunk anything. Then you go on to say things like people who want comic accuracy are silly and afraid of change. Comes off weaselly and condescending. So yeah, I responded with attitude.

What I said should have been taken as a completely new discussion as the majority of my post was in regards to your comments about acting. I'm allowed to comment on your talking points without picking a side in a argument I never made. Saying you're wrong isn't saying Leo is correct. It just means you didn't debunk the argument with your assessment and that acting isn't everything in comic book films.

I didn't make my original post with the intention of having a stupid long-winded fight and it's a shame it turned out this way. There was clearly miscommunication so I do apologize for the confusion and I'll try to be clearer. Hopefully you see your part in this as well, because I am sorry for the attitude and hopefully we can move on in a more civil manner.
Yeah, I can see how that came off as condescending. Sorry for that. I’m also ready to move on.
Old 11-11-2019, 11:10 AM   #1105
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Actress Jayme Lawson has been cast in The Batman she is unknown and a recent graduate of Julliard.

https://collider.com/jayme-lawson-jo...source=twitter

Old 11-11-2019, 11:24 AM   #1106
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Actress Jayme Lawson has been cast in The Batman she is unknown and a recent graduate of Julliard.

https://collider.com/jayme-lawson-jo...source=twitter

https://i.imgur.com/ciH7JJ3.jpg
Lucille Fox?
Old 11-11-2019, 12:21 PM   #1107
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Lucille Fox?
Barbra Gordon?
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 12:32 PM   #1108
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Barbra Gordon?
Ooooooooooh... that's a better guess.

Sigh.

No love for redheads.
Old 11-11-2019, 01:09 PM   #1109
CyberCubed
Overlord

Is Dick in the movie?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 11:32 AM   #1110
AquaParade
Banned

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/11/13/...asting-reason/

Oh man, this is wetting my lips. Obviously, this isn't the only way to do Batman, but it sounds pretty great.

Quote:
“I was very, very focused on it and I don’t know why. It just kind of kept coming back into my head. I knew they were doing another one. It just really appealed to me. I don’t know what it is which happened inside of me. It’s a different feeling where you want to do something where you know there’s an audience, there’s an anticipation from an audience that’s already there. I like doing something that is something an audience kind of doesn’t know that it wants and kind of try to get it out to them, and that’s a whole different thing. There’s a competitive side as well where you know everyone’s like, ‘Oh yeah? You want to play Batman?’ And it’s kind of fun. The challenge of it is kind of interesting.”

Pattinson went on to says that he’s not interested in playing a tradition superhero character. “I have no interest whatsoever in playing who’s heroic,” he says. “The only time I want to play someone an audience knows they’re supposed to like is when they really shouldn’t like them. That’s the only time. He’s a very, very, very troubled person. There’s very few of a character that’s regarded by everyone as a heroic character that they know that they need to save the day and they know they’re good. And I always find it interesting to know that Batman, he’s always struggling a little bit, in some iterations of the stories anyway. He doesn’t know if he’s that great or not. And that’s kind of interesting. Walking the line all the time."
Old 11-13-2019, 01:35 PM   #1111
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Is Dick in the movie?
No, I think this is gonna be PG-13.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 03:35 PM   #1112
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

John Turturro is Carmine Falcone

https://t.co/2x9DCZjl5O?amp=1
Old 11-22-2019, 04:38 PM   #1113
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
No, I think this is gonna be PG-13.

nice
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 04:59 PM   #1114
CyberCubed
Overlord

If Dick Grayson appears I just hope two things:

1. He's white, and not black or any other race

2. He's a straight cis male, and not gay or even bisexual

You know it's sad when in the modern year I have to pray for these things unironically, rather than it being the norm like it should be.
Old 11-22-2019, 06:00 PM   #1115
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:

Noooooooooooo.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:12 PM   #1116
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
You know it's sad when in the modern year I have to pray for these things unironically, rather than it being the norm like it should be.
It WAS the norm.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 06:42 AM   #1117
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
If Dick Grayson appears I just hope two things:

1. He's white, and not black or any other race

2. He's a straight cis male, and not gay or even bisexual

I've loved Dick (watch me now) since I was a young boy, but I'll take black dick, white dick, pansexual dick, I dont care.
What I want nailed is his personality. A bit nebulous but he's really quite rounded out in my eyes. He had an edge from growing up on the road and what he's been through, but he's really a charming and witty guy. A bit like Mark Waid's Daredevil, now that I think about it.

Actually, what I've really wanted since reading Batman & Roin: Reborn and Batman: Black Mirror is to see Dick take on the mantle for Bruce at some point. I love the drama in seeing Dick nearly crushed by the expectations. I jump at the chance to see one of Bruce's enemies size up what is clearly an impersonator wearing the cowl. And the idea of a gay Batman humors me. Do it!
Old 11-23-2019, 09:44 AM   #1118
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
I've loved Dick (watch me now) since I was a young boy, but I'll take black dick, white dick, pansexual dick, I dont care.
No, white Dick is the only Dick for me. I have no interest in black dick, pansexual dick, or bisexual dick.

Dick is Dick.
Old 11-23-2019, 10:12 AM   #1119
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:

Oh, wonderful. The worst part of the Transformers movies is gonna be in this. Treat.

...I did like him in The Big Lebowski, but that's it.

This entire movie is a cosmic joke on me and me alone. Every single decision seems as it was designed for the sole purpose of making me not want to see it. And it's working brilliantly!

Ah well.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 12:22 PM   #1120
AquaParade
Banned

I admit John T. Is my least favorite actor to see cast in anything. That's because his comedy style works against me greatly. It actively removes me from the movie and fails to humor me. Clearly some people like him, but I can't even really buy him as a fictional character at this point. Honestly, no disrespect meant to him, it's just my taste in entertainment.

That said, I've only seen him cast in roles where his purpose seems to be "annoy the audience", unless I'm projecting, so, perhaps this is Matt Reeves noticing that the guy actually has some chops from back in drama class and can do more than act the fool he is so often cast as. The reason this seems plausible to me is because I really don't see them making Carmine Falcone a comedy relief machine, as I've typically seen him play. And I always like to give people a chance if they are trying to push their own boundaries.

Tags
batman, diversity comics, the cucked crusader