The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-23-2012, 04:32 PM   #41
Icebot
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryan View Post
I have one.There's a scene in I think it was one of the "Red Sky"episodes were the guys can't devulge what they are doing to April and she threatens to expose them.Of course at the end of the episode she apologizes.I would like to say it came from Cry Havoc.
Sounds like it's from the previous episode State of Shock. The turtles were only working with the bad guys because they wanted them to think they were on the same side. April saw them working together in action and thought the turtles turned into bad guys.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:11 AM   #42
saul
Foot Soldier

What's the ep where Raph wants to bust through a door, but Don lectures him saying "that door isn't your property." And Raph says something like "wanna take a vote on smashing in?"
saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:17 AM   #43
pannoni1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul View Post
What's the ep where Raph wants to bust through a door, but Don lectures him saying "that door isn't your property." And Raph says something like "wanna take a vote on smashing in?"
"Son of Return of the Fly II," in reference to the front entrance of the Channel 6 building. Rocksteady says the same thing to Bebop later in that episode, and is more along the lines of "the destruction of other people's property".

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #44
saul
Foot Soldier

Oh, thank you!

Are there many other episodes where the Turtles disagree as to what to do?

Like in Leonardo Cuts Loose, Don tells them to "hold it", saying he doesn't think they should go rushing into the building full of muscle bound badguys. The Turtles then stand around for a little bit discussing what to do.

I'm sure season 8 had more disagreements as David Wise said the producers wanted more drama. I've always found that dynamic between the characters interesting when they don't all see eye-to-eye on the same course of action.
saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:57 PM   #45
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul View Post
Oh, thank you!

Are there many other episodes where the Turtles disagree as to what to do?

Like in Leonardo Cuts Loose, Don tells them to "hold it", saying he doesn't think they should go rushing into the building full of muscle bound badguys. The Turtles then stand around for a little bit discussing what to do.

I'm sure season 8 had more disagreements as David Wise said the producers wanted more drama. I've always found that dynamic between the characters interesting when they don't all see eye-to-eye on the same course of action.
You know what is odd about that in Leonardo Cuts Loose? Don tells them to stand back and evaluate the situation but when the robotic gym trap arrives Don does not even consider it!

As for season 8, the big one would be when Michelangelo and Leonardo don't trust Titanus from the start and Raphael and Donatello do in Cry H.A.V.O.C.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:02 PM   #46
shihe
Hench Mutant

Ah, this thread is PERFECT!

I'm going to have to ask true fans of TMNT here to please put my mind at ease, because this is driving me NUTS.

When I was a kid, almost late 90's... I came across Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon which looked a heck of a lot like the OT. There were slight graphical improvements, but the turtles' eyes had YELLOW instead of WHITE. (Not sure if this was an effect used for Night scenes, but the show itself always happened at night, so....).

Did I dream this, or at some point during the OT did the graphics improve and the Turtles' eyeballs were yellow instead of white?

This has been driving me nuts for AGES!
Old 07-22-2012, 11:05 PM   #47
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by shihe View Post
Ah, this thread is PERFECT!

I'm going to have to ask true fans of TMNT here to please put my mind at ease, because this is driving me NUTS.

When I was a kid, almost late 90's... I came across Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon which looked a heck of a lot like the OT. There were slight graphical improvements, but the turtles' eyes had YELLOW instead of WHITE. (Not sure if this was an effect used for Night scenes, but the show itself always happened at night, so....).

Did I dream this, or at some point during the OT did the graphics improve and the Turtles' eyeballs were yellow instead of white?
This has been driving me nuts for AGES!

The so-called "Red Sky" seasons 8-10 featured a full animation overhaul, which included some noticeable changes to the turtles' eye sockets (you could see some green skin between their eyes and the bandana fabric). I don't know about the yellow effect though. I guess it could have been your TV's color settings or else the animation just gave you that impression. Season 8 was the best looking of the Red Sky episodes.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:11 PM   #48
shihe
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
The so-called "Red Sky" seasons 8-10 featured a full animation overhaul, which included some noticeable changes to the turtles' eye sockets (you could see some green skin between their eyes and the bandana fabric). I don't know about the yellow effect though. I guess it could have been your TV's color settings or else the animation just gave you that impression. Season 8 was the best looking of the Red Sky episodes.
There were TWO things I immediately found different with that episode I remember seeing (yellow eye sockets, and actual shading). And this comes REALLY close to what I picture in my mind.

I'm not sure where the yellow eye socket came from, but it was the other most noticeable thing that stuck out the most.

It HAS to be this! I'll be sure to check those particular seasons soon! They even look a bit more serious too.

Thanks a lot!
Old 07-23-2012, 10:52 AM   #49
Koi
Mad Scientist

I have a question, what episode did this quote come from?
"See, you guys blew it with your morals, and your brains, and your kookiness, I just wanna go home and hang, nothing more. Nothing that will get me in trouble."
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:41 AM   #50
JH24
Hench Mutant

I can't remember it exactly, but was there an episode where April did a report and then gave a handkiss on television? The turtles started arguing for who it was meant, but it turned out it was meant for Master Splinter?
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:41 AM   #51
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH24 View Post
I can't remember it exactly, but was there an episode where April did a report and then gave a handkiss on television? The turtles started arguing for who it was meant, but it turned out it was meant for Master Splinter?
I'll have to think about it, but I know it was season 2.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:57 AM   #52
JH24
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I'll have to think about it, but I know it was season 2.
I just found it but I couldn't have done it without your reply. Thanks!

I checked the endings of Season 2. It's Season 2, episode 1: "Return of the Shredder." It turns out it wasn't a handkiss but a wink.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:18 PM   #53
Lance_Steele
Foot Soldier

What was the ep where both Burne and Vernon were turned into turtles? I remember it was in season 7 but I forgot which ep.
Lance_Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #54
Koi
Mad Scientist

It is the one with Slash in it. uhh..

Season 6 episode 11.
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:32 PM   #55
ToTheNines
[sic]

Season 6. Donatello Trashes Slash.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:56 PM   #56
Lance_Steele
Foot Soldier

Thanks.

I always thought that was the lesson they needed to understand the turtles. Too bad "the red sky" seasons undid that...

What was the wo where Don beat Leo in a spar by "not doing anything"? Splinter told Leo it was some mumbo jumbo called "whoo wee" or some junk. It was the same wo where the Technodrome went into the ocean.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:57 PM   #57
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Steele View Post
Thanks.

I always thought that was the lesson they needed to understand the turtles. Too bad "the red sky" seasons undid that...

What was the wo where Don beat Leo in a spar by "not doing anything"? Splinter told Leo it was some mumbo jumbo called "whoo wee" or some junk. It was the same wo where the Technodrome went into the ocean.
I think its the first episode of Season 5, either the one with Shredder's brother or the one with the Kojima brothers.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:05 PM   #58
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:

Leo beat Don, but it was "Rock Around The Block" from season 6.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #59
Lance_Steele
Foot Soldier

Thanks. My memory was a little hazy on that one.

What about the ep where Tokka and Rahzar was in. That one where the city was cracking down on mutants
Old 07-26-2012, 04:23 PM   #60
Icebot
Foot Elite

Quote:
Thanks. My memory was a little hazy on that one.

What about the ep where Tokka and Rahzar was in. That one where the city was cracking down on mutants
Dirk Savage: Mutant Hunter from season 7.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ask a question, questions