The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 07-18-2019, 04:41 PM   #201
Btown
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
I havent posted mine for pre-order yet, only because I dont know the case pack out. If there are 4 slash in the case of 14 then they should go up in single form. If hes shortpacked though? Get ready for the after market
i'm gonna assume its 4 per case, they've said all will be sold individually and I have now officially seen all 4 for pre order individually at $24 as well as the 4 pack
Old 07-18-2019, 05:02 PM   #202
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
I really hope they do an Archie line. Mutanimals. Slash repaint. I feel like the Archie Leatherhead design was the most iconic, and the one I remember the most. Ray Man. Mondo Gecko. Wingnut. Would be amazing.
The villain line on an Archie line would be iconic. Null, Maligna, Armaggon, Verminator X...and those are just the main baddies.

Also don’t get me started on if we were able to get the Turtles in their Stunp Asteroid wrestling gear...I know it’s a long shot but that would be amazing
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 05:12 PM   #203
super curry max
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapons@theready View Post
The villain line on an Archie line would be iconic. Null, Maligna, Armaggon, Verminator X...and those are just the main baddies.

Also don’t get me started on if we were able to get the Turtles in their Stunp Asteroid wrestling gear...I know it’s a long shot but that would be amazing
I will kill for a cuddly cowlick
Old 07-18-2019, 05:35 PM   #204
AquaParade
Banned

Sorry if this has been asked, but do we know if they'll be announcing anything regarding the 1990 movie line? I know many of us are waiting on word of Casey Jones and another release of Shredder.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 05:42 PM   #205
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Sorry if this has been asked, but do we know if they'll be announcing anything regarding the 1990 movie line? I know many of us are waiting on word of Casey Jones and another release of Shredder.
I believe they’re going to go cartoon heavy at SDCC and movie heavy at NYCC in October
Old 07-18-2019, 05:42 PM   #206
Btown
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Not at SDCC. I think we've seen everything. Randy said they will be making a push for TMNT I and II next year with it being the 30th anniversary of TMNT I next year and that we'll see some at NYCC but a lot more at Toy Fair next year. Their focus at SDCC this year is the toon turtles.
Old 07-18-2019, 07:24 PM   #207
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by super curry max View Post
I will kill for a cuddly cowlick
same here, cowlick would be great
Archie line would be great awesome
Old 07-18-2019, 08:39 PM   #208
Lordmylar06
Stone Warrior

I'd love an Archie line, but a big part of me just doesn't believe they'd ever do it.
Lordmylar06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:03 PM   #209
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordmylar06 View Post
I'd love an Archie line, but a big part of me just doesn't believe they'd ever do it.
Same here.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:40 PM   #210
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Man, agreed with all of the above. Villains, Cowlick, wrestling versions of the Turtles – even future versions of the Turtles! Armaggon? Merdude?! So much potential in an Archie line.

Seems unlikely, for sure. But I could see them at least doing a few of the Mutanimals (Mondo Gecko, Man Ray) and then a repaint of Turtles in Time Slash. Actually, look at how niche they've gotten with their Predator line. TMNT, I'd imagine, has a way bigger following. I think it's unlikely, but if these keep selling, a few from the Archie line are certainly possible, guys!
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:44 PM   #211
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Talking

Quote:
Man, agreed with all of the above. Villains, Cowlick, wrestling versions of the Turtles – even future versions of the Turtles! Armaggon? Merdude?! So much potential in an Archie line.

Seems unlikely, for sure. But I could see them at least doing a few of the Mutanimals (Mondo Gecko, Man Ray) and then a repaint of Turtles in Time Slash. Actually, look at how niche they've gotten with their Predator line. TMNT, I'd imagine, has a way bigger following. I think it's unlikely, but if these keep selling, a few from the Archie line are certainly possible, guys!
Ah Armaggon. I’ve seen that one from the ps4 game TMNT Mutant in Manhattan. Would love a shark figure like that because the one from Nick tmnt is a bit underwhelming for me. The metal mouth isn’t as threatening compared to it being literally his own big mouth with large teeths and all.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:57 PM   #212
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

Y’all think they do a Krang Android body with the Toon Line?
Old 07-18-2019, 10:08 PM   #213
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:

Perhaps someone will do a custom of Mutanimals Leatherhead using the FW 2 pack one. Same for Mondo Gecko. I don’t see Man Ray, Armaggon, Merdude, and Cowlick being made by NECA. The Archie Comics were never as important to the pop culture canon as the movies, classic cartoon, and video games.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:10 PM   #214
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Love everything they've showed. I really want that 16 bit Donnie. Not gonna get anything else in the line since well I don't have the space or room for it but this was the dream toyline for the OT I wanted a few years back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
I feel like I might have missed something, but I’ve always wondered why TMNT fandom is so hell bent on having Fred Wolf Casey as part of the ‘must have’ in sets for that series. As far as I can remember he only appeared in a handful of episodes, so in that series he is just as prominent as other lesser characters. Perhaps it’s because of his legacy in all other TMNT versions that completionists feel he should always be in this set but for me there are other characters I would rather see before him. Splinter! Neutrinos, Leatherhead (I know he is coming), Punk Frogs (I would love the Punk Frogs). Like I said, maybe the years have clouded my mind, perhaps someone could fill me in on this constant clamour for Fred Wolf Casey?

p.s. don’t get me wrong, I’m glad they have made him! Just wonder why people go gaga over this particular version…
Casey Jones is just a staple of most TMNT media so people want him and it's more recognizable than the ones you mention. Also worth noting that most of the characters you mentioned were only in a handful of episodes in the OT like Casey. I do get the point you're trying to make, and yeah if it's based off of OT and they go to that level of detail to reference episodes then why not feature other OT iconic characters but we'll get there.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 11:35 PM   #215
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

Quote:

I'm another helpless hopeful of NECA making Archie TMNTA sometime on the future. I doubt it too but just today I was thinking, as someone else mentioned, of how deep they've gone with their Alien and Predator lines maybe there is hope. We can dream anyway. And in 20 years I hope NECA can do a 2012 TMNT line as well.
Old 07-19-2019, 01:15 AM   #216
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Knuckles View Post
I'm another helpless hopeful of NECA making Archie TMNTA sometime on the future. I doubt it too but just today I was thinking, as someone else mentioned, of how deep they've gone with their Alien and Predator lines maybe there is hope. We can dream anyway. And in 20 years I hope NECA can do a 2012 TMNT line as well.
Would be cool, but I so want the 2003 turtles

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 04:24 AM   #217
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I really hope they do an Archie line. Mutanimals. Slash repaint. I feel like the Archie Leatherhead design was the most iconic, and the one I remember the most. Ray Man. Mondo Gecko. Wingnut. Would be amazing.
Sign me up for Mutanimals. Don't forget Jagwar, Dreadmon... and Screwloose.

Also keen on Raph in his black suit. And count me infor a Cuddly.

Last edited by Otter; 07-19-2019 at 05:11 AM.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 06:31 AM   #218
Btown
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapons@theready View Post
Y’all think they do a Krang Android body with the Toon Line?
I can't see them not doing it at this point
Old 07-19-2019, 07:13 AM   #219
mikey0
Foot Elite

Most toy collectors do not care for the Archie Comics, 2003, or 2012 adaptations of TMNT. We’ll continue to see more movie, FW cartoon, and video game characters from NECA in the 2020s.

I can’t see a deluxe Krang Android Body for the NECA FW cartoon line. Krang’s Android Body would have to be 7 inches like the other characters.

Last edited by mikey0; 07-19-2019 at 07:19 AM.
Old 07-19-2019, 07:44 AM   #220
snake
Disgusting

Yeah, there is no way NECA will do Krang, at least not for awhile. They tend to play it safe with larger items for the most part. Exceptions, of course, being the Bat and Spider Gremlins.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote