The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 02-28-2017, 12:05 PM   #1
Prowler
Emperor

On average, how many hours a day/week do you play video games?

For me it depends. I can go days/weeks without playing an hour or less than that per day. There's others where I'll play about 2-3 hours per day.

So, I'm gonna say about 7 to 14 hours a week usually.

What about you?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 02:59 PM   #2
Icebot
Foot Elite

It depends for me as well, on the days I have to go to work, I would say on average 30 minutes a day but on my days off, maybe 2 hours a day on average.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 03:01 PM   #3
snake
Disgusting

None anymore.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:34 PM   #4
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Too little quite honestly not enough

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:51 PM   #5
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

I'd say a good five hours a week. But that's not nearly as much as I'd like.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:52 PM   #6
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

All day every day, boyeeee.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 04:21 AM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

At least 1 hour a day, on weekends/day off at least 2-3 hours.

People who don't play videogames are missing out. In just the last few years so many excellent games came out.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:52 AM   #8
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Less than three hours a week.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:48 AM   #9
kaptainmyke
Hench Mutant

I play quite a few hours. Daily. add me on psn: "kaptainmyke"

Old 03-01-2017, 10:10 AM   #10
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
At least 1 hour a day, on weekends/day off at least 2-3 hours.

People who don't play videogames are missing out. In just the last few years so many excellent games came out.
It's funny but I used to play more on a daily basis when I was a kid/teenager. Even though back then I was "forced" to study and do my homework by my parents, unlike nowadays where I can choose when I feel like studying or doing some uni work. So you'd think I'd manage to play less games when I was a kid and my mother told me near midnight to turn off the console and go to bed
Old 03-01-2017, 12:05 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

There are just too many great games coming out. The PS3/360 gen had so many excellent games it's ridiculous, and I'm not talking about FPS either, but it had so many great games in so many genre's.

Plus Nintendo games have been consistently good on Wii and DS, and now 3DS and Wii-U/Switch.

It's insane, videogames are so much better than movies or TV shows. They've caught up and surpassed them entirely. Why would I want to watch someone be a hero in a movie when *I* can be the hero myself in a videogame? Now that games are so realistic we don't need action movies anymore.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:31 PM   #12
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

I used to play a lot of video games when I was younger, and had more games to play with.

It is quite a different scenario nowadays since I hardly ever play anything. I used to be able to play within an online game site, and it recently got shut down.

I'm still bummed about that.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:43 PM   #13
sdp
-

On average 0 hrs/day, but when I get hooked into a game I can play it from a few minutes daily to an hour. Depending what type of game it is, if you give me a RTS game I can spend an entire afternoon playing it or if I just want to beat a game I spend about an 1 1/2 every day until I finish it but for the most part I don't really game much and the previous examples are the exceptions of me not usually playing games.

It's also hard to define playing games, does the electronic sudoku on my phone that I use on the subway count? I am counting it but there are such passive games that I hardly count as really "playing" a game.

Quote:
People who only play videogames are missing out. In just a few steps from how you'll find so many excellent things to do.

Quote:
It's insane, videogames are so much better than movies or TV shows. They've caught up and surpassed them entirely. Why would I want to watch someone be a hero in a movie when *I* can be the hero myself in a videogame? Now that games are so realistic we don't need action movies anymore.
Games aren't realistic at all, games have become crappy movies since they don't have the high quality writers of movies so you're left with a repetitive game or without any real challenge now. There are tons of great movies that only if you watch hollywood blockbusters you'll never understand. You can read books and use your imagination to tell a story. There are very few video game stories that are even on the caliber of good movies/shows and I'm talking about the "critically acclaimed" stories on video games. Seriously watch some of those "Video Game The Movie" that compile all the cutscenes and story elements of games, you'll get bored out of your mind and see how ridiculous the story is that you only forgive because you are playing as the character and it helps transition between two levels.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 01:15 PM   #14
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

I play 2 hours every two weeks. School consumes most of my time now
2 years ago, I would play 4 hours per week.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 02:08 PM   #15
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Games aren't realistic at all, games have become crappy movies since they don't have the high quality writers of movies so you're left with a repetitive game or without any real challenge now. There are tons of great movies that only if you watch hollywood blockbusters you'll never understand. You can read books and use your imagination to tell a story. There are very few video game stories that are even on the caliber of good movies/shows and I'm talking about the "critically acclaimed" stories on video games. Seriously watch some of those "Video Game The Movie" that compile all the cutscenes and story elements of games, you'll get bored out of your mind and see how ridiculous the story is that you only forgive because you are playing as the character and it helps transition between two levels.
No, sdp, sorry but you are wrong here. Even with the sheer mass of cinema scenes in modern games, there's still plenty of actual gameplay. Look at the big budget games of today like Uncharted, Mass Effect, Tomb Raider, Dishonored 2, Doom, The Last Guardian, Overwatch, Dark Souls, Dues Ex, Yakuza 0, Resident Evil 7, Nioh, Horizeon etc.

It seems nobody on this forum knows anything about games other than Cure and I. We seem to be the only two hardcore gamers on this forum who keep up with all the modern releases and follow the industry. I don't know what happened to the rest of you, but this place used to be filled with actual gamers.

Only Cure and I know anything about games here. We are hardcore gamers.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:16 PM   #16
ABrown
Banned

It's really hard to say exactly. I'll try to sneak away to play my Nintendo Classic and then my son will come in and say that he wants to play. So I might end up getting in maybe like an hour for the whole week?
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:06 PM   #17
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
No, sdp, sorry but you are wrong here. Even with the sheer mass of cinema scenes in modern games, there's still plenty of actual gameplay. Look at the big budget games of today like Uncharted, Mass Effect, Tomb Raider, Dishonored 2, Doom, The Last Guardian, Overwatch, Dark Souls, Dues Ex, Yakuza 0, Resident Evil 7, Nioh, Horizeon etc.

It seems nobody on this forum knows anything about games other than Cure and I. We seem to be the only two hardcore gamers on this forum who keep up with all the modern releases and follow the industry. I don't know what happened to the rest of you, but this place used to be filled with actual gamers.

Only Cure and I know anything about games here. We are hardcore gamers.
Inflated ego much?
Face it dude; gaming isn't what it used to be. Most games that come out usually fail to capture the interests of a lot of people, compared to older games. They usually don't bring much new to the table. How many reskined COD games are you gonna buy until you're tired of 'em? Pair that with overinflated prices for new games and consoles that become "obsolete" compared to a new model a few years later. Because of this interests dwindle. Personally, I figured the modern game market was crap a long time ago, that's why I just dedicate my gaming time to what I consider the good stuff: retro and bootleg systems. I'd much rather play NES or Super Pong than XBone or PS4. The graphics may not be the same, but who cares about stuff like that? All that matters to me is gameplay, and to me, older stuff delivers more than whatever the modern stuff can spit out.
Also, I'm not surprised that not a lot of people post about games here, there's not exactly much traffic on this site in the first place. As for you guys being the only people who "know about video games" that's bull. There are tons of accounts here, and by your logic only two known about games? There are others, I'm sure. They just decide not to post about them for their own reasons.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:21 PM   #18
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Inflated ego much?
Face it dude; gaming isn't what it used to be. Most games that come out usually fail to capture the interests of a lot of people, compared to older games. They usually don't bring much new to the table. How many reskined COD games are you gonna buy until you're tired of 'em? Pair that with overinflated prices for new games and consoles that become "obsolete" compared to a new model a few years later. Because of this interests dwindle. Personally, I figured the modern game market was crap a long time ago, that's why I just dedicate my gaming time to what I consider the good stuff: retro and bootleg systems. I'd much rather play NES or Super Pong than XBone or PS4. The graphics may not be the same, but who cares about stuff like that? All that matters to me is gameplay, and to me, older stuff delivers more than whatever the modern stuff can spit out.
Also, I'm not surprised that not a lot of people post about games here, there's not exactly much traffic on this site in the first place. As for you guys being the only people who "know about video games" that's bull. There are tons of accounts here, and by your logic only two known about games? There are others, I'm sure. They just decide not to post about them for their own reasons.
Way to take the bait, man.
Old 03-01-2017, 06:47 PM   #19
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
How many reskined COD games are you gonna buy until you're tired of 'em?
Not that I'm happy about being lumped in with CyberCubed, but yeah, this is the argument people who know nothing about actual modern games make.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:41 PM   #20
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Inflated ego much?
Face it dude; gaming isn't what it used to be. Most games that come out usually fail to capture the interests of a lot of people, compared to older games. They usually don't bring much new to the table. H.
I flat out didn't mention any casual FPS games to prove my point. It's like you guys have no idea what games are. I don't buy Call of Duty at all.

I'll tell you my PS4 collection, not counting HD ports or anything but new games:

Uncharted 4
Bloodborne
Dark Souls III
The Witcher III
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Dishonored II
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Overwatch
The Last Guardian
Ratchet and Clank
Metal Gear Solid V
Resident Evil 7
Dying Light
Infamous Second Son
Fallout 4
Batman Arkham Knight
Doom
Star Wars Battlefront
Gravity Rush 2
Yakuza 0
Nioh
Horizon Zero Dawn

I'd love for to tell me what "re-skinned" games there are here. The only online multiplayer games I really have is Star Wars Battlefront and Overwatch. I am a single player gamer mostly.