The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-30-2016, 06:45 PM   #1
ninja-zero
Hench Mutant

Captain Planet

All remember Captain Planet?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...icaprio-938852

I wish the series was rebooted. I love how the series conspires to real life events.

In the TV show, they should add a sixth planeteer who uses the power of thunder. Someone from Australia.

And later on, Gaia could forge new rings for new planeteers to replace the old someday. When they like "graduate" or something.

If new planeteers after them, I'd imagine...
  • Earth: North America - Canada
  • Fire: Asia - India
  • Wind: Europe - England/Ireland/Scotland
  • Water: South America - Mexico
  • Heart: Middle East - Israel
ninja-zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 07:20 PM   #2
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I'm a fan even if it went over the top with it's message but is it really that bad if the message is a good one? In fact I think after the early 90s people stopped giving a crap about the environment because we never had any shows to educate newer generations and most forgot but things didn't get magically better and it's the reason we're in this problem now which by the way people still deny there is one.

As far as the show we do need a new one but without someone as passionate as Ted Turner I find it hard but at least we'll be getting this new movie that could get a new show into production especially if celebrities like Leonardo DiCaprio want to use their influence for the greater good like he is with this movie.

The new movie's concept is cool as it's a continuation of the show and people ignoring the problems. That was always my concept for a new show so I guess great minds think alike And we're getting into fanfiction territory but I always pictured the new team including the son or daughter of Wheeler/Linka for continuity purposes and characters from countries with big pollution problems, sadly many of them would be from the same countries as the original (Mati and Gi are implied to be Brazilian/Chinese) but maybe keeping it a bit ambiguous like the originals how even if they did imply it in a few episodes.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 10:11 PM   #3
ninja-zero
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I'm a fan even if it went over the top with it's message but is it really that bad if the message is a good one? In fact I think after the early 90s people stopped giving a crap about the environment because we never had any shows to educate newer generations and most forgot but things didn't get magically better and it's the reason we're in this problem now which by the way people still deny there is one.

As far as the show we do need a new one but without someone as passionate as Ted Turner I find it hard but at least we'll be getting this new movie that could get a new show into production especially if celebrities like Leonardo DiCaprio want to use their influence for the greater good like he is with this movie.

The new movie's concept is cool as it's a continuation of the show and people ignoring the problems. That was always my concept for a new show so I guess great minds think alike And we're getting into fanfiction territory but I always pictured the new team including the son or daughter of Wheeler/Linka for continuity purposes and characters from countries with big pollution problems, sadly many of them would be from the same countries as the original (Mati and Gi are implied to be Brazilian/Chinese) but maybe keeping it a bit ambiguous like the originals how even if they did imply it in a few episodes.
I feel like the world has lost its way.

Maybe someday Wheeler & Linka will get married.

I wish for new planeteers from different countries to take their places someday. It's like passing their titles to a new generation.

Imagine someone from the Middle East wielding the power of heart. There's gotta be other countries who can use earth, fire, wind & water.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:26 AM   #4
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I don't remember much about Captain Planet. I liked watching it in the early 90s, but I didn't pay much attention to it, to be honest.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:40 PM   #5
justforapic
Banned

I found an old VHS tape with a Captain Planet marathon on it. I'm surprised a movie hasn't already been made.
justforapic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 10:42 AM   #6
ninja-zero
Hench Mutant

I just hope the movie can inspire people to do good things again like in the 90s.

Plus maybe give out new planeteers after Kwame and the group. Kwame and the gang will be the first planeteers anyway.

They also should for once add a sixth planeteer this time. Australia would be given the chance.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:28 PM   #7
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by justforapic View Post
I found an old VHS tape with a Captain Planet marathon on it. I'm surprised a movie hasn't already been made.
They were planning a direct-to-video sequel movie in the late 90s, it reached the storyboard stage before being abandoned. It was called "Dark Planet"
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:15 PM   #8
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Levar Burton and David Coburn are reprising their roles as Captain Planet and Kwame for a brief cameo in an episode of Cartoon Network's O.K. K.O

https://www.newsarama.com/36374-capt...wn-series.html
Old 09-29-2017, 01:39 PM   #9
ZariusTwo
Overlord

They used the original soundtrack. I'm in heaven
Old 09-29-2017, 02:48 PM   #10
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

If I ended up with the ring of Heart, I would sale that on Ebay. Weakness Superpower ever.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 02:54 PM   #11
ZariusTwo
Overlord

An update

Screenwriter Glen Powell describes the movie as " more subversive and fun and like dark and irreverent,"

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...source=twitter
Old 09-05-2018, 03:18 PM   #12
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I do wonder how such a movie will be handled in this day in age. Where things are even worse than in the 80's.

And also because environmentalists hate the show.
Old 09-05-2018, 07:21 PM   #13
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Captain Planet is a 90's cartoon, not 80's.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 08:00 PM   #14
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Environmentalists don't hate that show, that guy hates the show and his reasons are clearly dumb. It's a show for little kids trying to simplify things and sending the message. I'm glad this is going forward, and if it's dark it might take elements from the cancelled Captain Planet movie in the 90s Dark Planet. I still think a new show is the way to go, this isn't a "movie" event, it's a message that needs to be spread to all the new generation of kids.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote