The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 11:52 PM   #1141
newfan
Mad Scientist

I originally thought they were bringing back the original turtles when they cancelled this one because they started putting them on kids merchandise more, course that isn't the case.

I wish they'd do what Scooby Doo does and have a run of animated movies separate from the shows (course they'd have to not be a younger feel like the 2018 show)

Last edited by newfan; 09-28-2017 at 11:16 AM.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:01 AM   #1142
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit31 View Post
Ugh, me too, honestly. They had five mini-episodes from that artist. They were okay, but PLEASE not a whole series based on that. PLEASE!
I would hate that. I didn't even finish all the shorts. If the new series is like that it will be the only one I've never watched. I could get through Next Mutation but couldn't take a series like those shorts.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:09 AM   #1143
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

If they went for that, I can't really see it lasting long anyhow. That derpy kind of animation and writing just doesn't suit TMNT well. I feel like that would cause literal pain after too much exposure.

Heck, the Team Up stuff was just a bunch of tiny skits. Maybe those take little thought to write, but writing (or watching) entire half hour eps would surely just be too painful unless you're already intellectually bankrupt.

So tired of the derpy era of cartoons. (Such as the mentioned Breadwinners.) What even brought this on... too many unskilled writers that managed to turn it into a trend? (Sure, there was 'stupid' stuff back in the day as well... Ren and Stimpy, which I liked, is/was pretty idiotic actually, but it at least had wit, etc. This stuff today seems to have looked at things like that and lowered the bar, a lot.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 09-28-2017 at 09:15 AM.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:31 AM   #1144
Kit31
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
So tired of the derpy era of cartoons. (Such as the mentioned Breadwinners.) What even brought this on... too many unskilled writers that managed to turn it into a trend? (Sure, there was 'stupid' stuff back in the day as well... Ren and Stimpy, which I liked, is/was pretty idiotic actually, but it at least had wit, etc. This stuff today seems to have looked at things like that and lowered the bar, a lot.)
Exactly! I was so apprehensive with the first TMNT from Nick for this exact reason. They proved me wrong this time, but if they make it for an even younger audience this time around...who knows? 😕
Old 09-28-2017, 09:53 AM   #1145
Allio
Foot Elite

I really hope it's good, I don't want mysticons be the only nick show I watch.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:05 AM   #1146
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Exact number of people at Nickelodeon that probably care 1 iota about what anyone on this board or over the age of 10 thinks:

Zero.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:15 AM   #1147
BYWInsaniac
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I wish they'd do what Scooby Doo does and have a run of animated movies separate from the shows (course they'd have to not be a younger feel)
That would actually be super fun. And honestly, if you're talking about '87 they COULD be a younger feel. Or, more "all ages." Those Scooby movies can actually be pretty sharp while still being appropriate for 6 year olds.

I know there's always the argument that having multiple active versions of a property could be confusing, but as you pointed out they have no problem merchandising the '87 show concurrently with 2012, so I'm kinda surprised it hasn't been done yet.

-JJ
Old 09-28-2017, 10:30 AM   #1148
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Exact number of people at Nickelodeon that probably care 1 iota about what anyone on this board or over the age of 10 thinks:

Zero.
I don't think, that anyone have any illusions that Nick thinks about what fans think.
And it's not like they should honestly.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:35 AM   #1149
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post

Zero.
bingo, sadly.

I guess so l ong as it doesn't degrade fully into potty humor and fart jokes...it's the best we can hope for.

sigh.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:42 AM   #1150
Kit31
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
bingo, sadly.

I guess so l ong as it doesn't degrade fully into potty humor and fart jokes...it's the best we can hope for.

sigh.
This turns me off a cartoon faster than anything. Unfortunately kids love that kind of crap. 😕 TMNT 2012 had their moments with it, but it was tolerable since it didn't happen too often.
Old 09-28-2017, 11:13 AM   #1151
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
And it's not like they should honestly.
For the cartoons and such? No, they shouldn't care.
Old 09-28-2017, 11:58 AM   #1152
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
I really hope it's good, I don't want mysticons be the only nick show I watch.
Another foursome of "unlikely heroes," labeled as the leader, the muscle, and a Mikey type split into two, who [going by the commercials] fight bad guys and evil monsters...

I just have a feeling in the pit of my stomach that TMNT is getting dumbed down because of that show and avoiding the potential redundancy of allowing TMNT to rightly do their thing the way they should.

I'm all for girl power, but don't sideline my boys... (Nor lose them female fans.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
bingo, sadly.

sigh.
And the weird butt obsession many of that sort of cartoon has these days. Ugh.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:44 PM   #1153
CyberCubed
Overlord

I honestly wonder if the show will be somewhat inspired by the current Nick show, with a young teenage April again.

I honestly don't think we'll see adult April again anytime soon.
Old 09-28-2017, 02:29 PM   #1154
Chris
Mad Scientist

I think it depends on the story they want to tell, but yeah teen April was definitely a success for them this series so I can see them revisiting that idea in the future even if they don't in the new series. Since this series is meant to be more mystical I could see them going with teen April who will learn she has powers of her own or an older April and go with the skeptical scientist coming into the mystical world of the turtles.

Teen Casey however didn't seem to work as well. It'll be interesting to see what they do with him next series.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:28 AM   #1155
eskater
Foot Soldier

I loved the teen April idea, Casey was too meh for me as well. I do hope with the mysticism angle they revisit more feudal Japan motifs though.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:24 PM   #1156
Vicky82
Emperor

Small info on the new series

Quote:
Nickelodeon To Showcase Largest-Ever Preschool Portfolio At BLE 2017

In additional to their extensive portfolio, NVCP will be giving partners a first look at Nickelodeon's reimagined Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series, Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The new 2D TMNT series will have its worldwide premiere in 2018, and will be supported by a global marketing plan.
http://nickalive.blogspot.co.uk/2017...gest-ever.html

Last edited by Vicky82; 10-05-2017 at 03:34 PM.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:26 PM   #1157
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I wonder if this is there new designs

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-p1HwNp4Kk...vid-Flores.jpg
Those are the current designs.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:27 PM   #1158
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Those look like an artist's interpretation of the Nick TMNT
Old 10-05-2017, 03:33 PM   #1159
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickalive
Nickelodeon To Showcase Largest-Ever Preschool Portfolio At BLE 2017

In additional to their extensive portfolio, NVCP will be giving partners a first look at Nickelodeon's reimagined Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series, Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The new 2D TMNT series will have its worldwide premiere in 2018, and will be supported by a global marketing plan.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-p1HwNp4Kk...vid-Flores.jpg
Yay, more vagueness!
Hahahaha!
Old 10-05-2017, 03:33 PM   #1160
Chris
Mad Scientist

Hopefully they'll release a first look image from this event. Doubt it since the current show hasn't officially finished yet but I guess there's a chance.
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters