The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-20-2014, 01:34 PM   #21
Darrylb
Random Punk

The only thing I have ever found at walmart is a battleshell Donatello.
Toys r us seems to be the only retailer with the newest stuff (to canada)
Getting pretty sick of seeing snakeweed, mousers, stealth tech and turtles in training.

Looking forward to the retro krang, foot soldier, and LARP wave, only because they are being shipped with April. ( not a fan of the variants)
Darrylb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 04:19 PM   #22
nellyp
Stone Warrior

Walmart finally got more figures in so I got my boys a newtralizer and spiderbytes...I am soon going to look into importing the larp turtles before Xmas as it is unlikely they will be out here before then
nellyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 05:01 PM   #23
Darrylb
Random Punk

Yeah, just found a whole bunch of new figures at my local Walmart. Except no slash, rahzar, or dojo splinter by the time I got there.

Battleshell turtles
Spider bytes
Newtralizer
Casey jones
Mutagen man
Squirlanoid
Kirby bat
Shredder II

I have not seen slash in stores up here yet.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:22 PM   #24
nellyp
Stone Warrior

We got slash here in August and our Walmart had 1 today. They had all but dojo splinter from the new waves. My boys really love Slash but now their attention is on getting tigerclaw
Old 09-25-2014, 04:56 AM   #25
silvertone
Random Punk

Are any of you guys in Calgary? I've yet to see anything new except the kid tmnt toys at TRU.
silvertone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 08:00 AM   #26
nellyp
Stone Warrior

I am in Moncton, NB myself
Old 09-26-2014, 09:13 PM   #27
Darrylb
Random Punk

Has anyone seen slash in Canada? Been to all the walmarts in my area that have been restocked with the new figures. Seen every one except him. Multiple newtralizers, mutagen man. Is the thought of slash bring a rare figure from the 90's carrying over to now, and people are buying up everyone they see?
Old 09-26-2014, 09:18 PM   #28
mikeyatemypizza
Foot Soldier

We have Slash in Manitoba. At Walmart.
mikeyatemypizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 09:26 PM   #29
Darrylb
Random Punk

Guess he is getting scooped up first around here.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:42 PM   #30
mikeyatemypizza
Foot Soldier

Seen him in Brandon. Left him there. Saw him twice in the Cough .....city of sunshine. Also left him on the peg. Can't bring myself to buy him, he is soooooooo tiny.
But I did buy almost every M.O.U.S.E.R package I could find between here and Brandon.
mikeyatemypizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:00 PM   #31
Darrylb
Random Punk

You'd be spending a fortune if you bought every mouser package out here in van city. At least two on every peg, along with the turtles in training.
I understand slash is small and the paint is lacking from the prototypes, but I still enjoyed his episodes, and I'm a bit of a completist. Can't have newtralizer without slash
Old 09-26-2014, 11:02 PM   #32
nellyp
Stone Warrior

Wednesday our Walmart here in Moncton had Slash and today I went back and he was still there

We picked up the battle shell turtles that we didn't get yet (Don, Leo, Mike) and a turtle blimp today

When I was a kid for xmas I got 14 turtles at once and I am hoping to beat that with my kids this year. Last year they got 12. So far I stockpiled 8 figures and if I can get Dojo Splinter, the 4 LARP turtles, Tiger Claw and Robo Footsoldier that should do it. If I try for the Mirage comic turtles that would be 19...I already gave them Slash early cause I couldn't wait to open it for them.

Those 2 times I saw that extra Slash I thought of buying it just cause it is not common. I figure I could always get it and donate it to a toy drive to make someone else's Christmas awesome

Last edited by nellyp; 09-26-2014 at 11:13 PM.
Old 09-27-2014, 05:15 PM   #33
Darrylb
Random Punk

Hmmmm. Guess I was being too impatient.
Found my local walmart to be fully restocked with 3 of every figure. Lots of all the battle shell turtles.
Got a slash and a blimp for $35. (Seen it for $60 at other walmarts)
Have to say, slash is rather unimpressive. Weak paint and such a small figure.

Now I'll just wait for the tigerclaw/ comic turtle wave to come to canada.
Xmas time?
Old 09-27-2014, 09:31 PM   #34
nellyp
Stone Warrior

I hope tiger claw hits before xmas. Last year they had the new wave of figures come out in December and it would be great to see him on pegs and not have to import him since amazon doesn't have it yet either
Old 09-30-2014, 07:50 AM   #35
snooz
Foot Soldier

Does anyone know if wave 3 of the Classics (movie turtles) is also going to be a TRU exclusive in Canada? I believe wave 2 was also TRU exclusive but I know that wasn't the case in Canada, they can be found at Walmart and Target.

I made the incredibly long drive from Edmonton to Halifax last week. My wife and I drove through the US for the majority of the trip and I stopped as as many TRU's as I could to find wave 3, no luck. Probably checked about 8 or 9 stores.
snooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 07:55 AM   #36
Darrylb
Random Punk

I have heard of the movie turtles being at local comic shops and independent toy stores. I think it is just the retro classic reissues that are the TRU exclusives
Old 09-30-2014, 10:13 AM   #37
Shedder
Hench Mutant

Just a heads up that if you spend $25 before tax's on figures, vehicles or role play at TRU you get an exclusive comic. Deals on till Oct 2nd
Shedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:40 AM   #38
Darrylb
Random Punk

Hmm. Too bad there is nothing worth spending 25 on at my TRU now, unless I want to build an army of mousers or turtles in training.

If only I could find a dojo splinter.

Seems like the waves get combined and mixed around when they are released in Canada. 2 waves seem to be combined, while a couple figures are delayed till the next canadian release.
Spinmaster must just want to do there own thing.
But it only seems to be for the figures. The blimp seemed to be released on time, and there is no mention of Spinmaster anywhere on the packaging

Last edited by Darrylb; 10-01-2014 at 08:06 AM.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:06 AM   #39
capsule
Thug

just throwing this out there, but I was eyeing 4 (small) items on the Canadian TRU website. Would any of you fine folks consider letting me ship it to your address and you fwd it to me? >.<
on top of full PayPal payment we could barter some cool Japanese products, what do ya say? Who's with me? send me a PM if you'd consider it, thanks a trillion .
capsule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:44 AM   #40
lilymonster
Mouser

Finally found some in southern alberta

Finally found some new characters - Slash, Casey Jones and Rahzar at a Target a couple days ago.
lilymonster is offline   Reply With Quote