The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 03-05-2015, 08:39 AM   #121
DSTZach
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
Will you ever re release the minimates at k mart because I want to get a clear kraang.
I honestly do not know if clear Kraang will return at Kmart or anywhere else, but anything is possible. I am still waiting to hear where the blue one will turn up.

The new Norman also has a Kraang chest block under his jacket, and comes with a Kraang brain accessory.
DSTZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:02 AM   #122
Orochi
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTZach View Post
I honestly do not know if clear Kraang will return at Kmart or anywhere else, but anything is possible. I am still waiting to hear where the blue one will turn up.

The new Norman also has a Kraang chest block under his jacket, and comes with a Kraang brain accessory.
Hey, wondering if series 2 will hit the UK? I'm not sure if Series 1 was even meant to or if my shop just imported a case, but it has DST's UK Runcorn address on the bag, so it could be anything. Just haven't seen hardly any of these on UK's eBay.
Orochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:21 AM   #123
BlueKatanas
Foot Soldier

I live in Los Angeles and there are a number of TRU's I visit regularly, but I never saw wave 1 in stores. All of them carry a selection of other minimates. Is it possible they all just didn't order them or are they not being sold in Southern California for some reason? I know that sounds like a dumb question, but I've never seen them in person and I've tried stores out of my area as well. Hope I have better luck with wave 2 and 3. I've read they can end up in different sections of stores, but if not in the turtle section I figured they would at least have been with the other minimates. Any suggestions on where I should be looking?

My Collection Thread: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=49928
BlueKatanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:41 AM   #124
DSTZach
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochi View Post
Hey, wondering if series 2 will hit the UK? I'm not sure if Series 1 was even meant to or if my shop just imported a case, but it has DST's UK Runcorn address on the bag, so it could be anything. Just haven't seen hardly any of these on UK's eBay.
I believe we include the Runcorn address on all packaging should international rights ever change, but it looks like TMNT is just US and Canada for now. They may have been imported. If you're looking for an importer, Luke's Toy Store is a U.S. store that specializes in Minimates, and I believe they ship internationally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueKatanas View Post
I live in Los Angeles and there are a number of TRU's I visit regularly, but I never saw wave 1 in stores. All of them carry a selection of other minimates. Is it possible they all just didn't order them or are they not being sold in Southern California for some reason? I know that sounds like a dumb question, but I've never seen them in person and I've tried stores out of my area as well. Hope I have better luck with wave 2 and 3. I've read they can end up in different sections of stores, but if not in the turtle section I figured they would at least have been with the other minimates. Any suggestions on where I should be looking?
Minimates can be found in different sections of TRU, but for TMNT I believe it is either the TMNT section or the "collector" aisle where most DST, NECA and Mezco products are. It is possible they sold out fast in your store, or that store did not get them in (some may not, if they sell a lower volume, but I do not know TRU's criteria).

But aside from the Mutagen Leonardo, you can get all of the TRU series at comic shops, in blind bags. (Kmart has blind bags, too, with Kraang instead of April.) Feeling the bag is generally helpful, but if you don't trust your fingers, I believe LukesToyStore.com sells them loose. You can find your nearest comic shop at comicshoplocator.com
Old 03-05-2015, 11:05 AM   #125
atreyu2112
Foot Soldier

The TRU 2-packs are available on the TRU website. All BUT the Mutagen Leo pack. And yes, it is quite easy to feel who is in each bag. I think I might just get a case of series 2. There's already 9-10 new figures, so I'm nearly there in cost already. I can just sell the extras or gift them.
atreyu2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 12:18 PM   #126
Orochi
Foot Soldier

Quote:
I believe we include the Runcorn address on all packaging should international rights ever change, but it looks like TMNT is just US and Canada for now. They may have been imported. If you're looking for an importer, Luke's Toy Store is a U.S. store that specializes in Minimates, and I believe they ship internationally.
Thank you lots, Zach. I managed to get a full set of Series 1 at that LCS, so I'll likely just cherry pick Bradford, Karai, Casey and Splinter from this one via Luke's Toy Store. I don't want to ask too much, but is Casey coming with alternate hands like the Foot Bot did? I'd love to display him and April in casual gear, as it looks like the rest of his stuff is removable.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:57 PM   #127
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:

Minimates can be found in different sections of TRU, but for TMNT I believe it is either the TMNT section or the "collector" aisle where most DST, NECA and Mezco products are. It is possible they sold out fast in your store, or that store did not get them in (some may not, if they sell a lower volume, but I do not know TRU's criteria).

But aside from the Mutagen Leonardo, you can get all of the TRU series at comic shops, in blind bags. (Kmart has blind bags, too, with Kraang instead of April.) Feeling the bag is generally helpful, but if you don't trust your fingers, I believe LukesToyStore.com sells them loose. You can find your nearest comic shop at comicshoplocator.com
I find it very frustrating that you don't release minimates in the UK, I don't live close to a comic book shop that is likely to import them. I use Lukes minimates store from time to time, but can only order so much or I get stung on custom charges. Is there any way you can shift these in to Europe? I really want these TMNT minimates, and I am loving those Spongebob ones aswell. Wave 60 Jim Lee X-men is a must.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 02:27 PM   #128
DSTZach
Thug

Quote:
Thank you lots, Zach. I managed to get a full set of Series 1 at that LCS, so I'll likely just cherry pick Bradford, Karai, Casey and Splinter from this one via Luke's Toy Store. I don't want to ask too much, but is Casey coming with alternate hands like the Foot Bot did? I'd love to display him and April in casual gear, as it looks like the rest of his stuff is removable.
Yes, Casey comes with alternate hands. You should be able to make him into a civilian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
I find it very frustrating that you don't release minimates in the UK, I don't live close to a comic book shop that is likely to import them. I use Lukes minimates store from time to time, but can only order so much or I get stung on custom charges. Is there any way you can shift these in to Europe? I really want these TMNT minimates, and I am loving those Spongebob ones as well. Wave 60 Jim Lee X-men is a must.
We actually sell a lot of Minimates in the UK: Walking Dead, Aliens, Dragon Age, Valiant Comics, Comic Book Men, Kill Bill, Sin City, Pulp Fiction, Jay and Silent Bob... Unfortunately, not every license allows us to sell to the EU, and even when they do, the cost of adding the territory can be prohibitive. You also have to pay for any additional product testing required by that territory, and sometimes the license fee plus the testing cost can cancel out any potential sales.

If the EU was available for Turtles, I imagine that we explored interest in this line with our EU distributors, and the numbers came back lower than they would need to be to support the additional investment. It's unfortunate, but if there aren't retailers willing to sell them, there's no point in us taking on the additional territory.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:47 PM   #129
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Yes, Casey comes with alternate hands. You should be able to make him into a civilian.

We actually sell a lot of Minimates in the UK: Walking Dead, Aliens, Dragon Age, Valiant Comics, Comic Book Men, Kill Bill, Sin City, Pulp Fiction, Jay and Silent Bob... Unfortunately, not every license allows us to sell to the EU, and even when they do, the cost of adding the territory can be prohibitive. You also have to pay for any additional product testing required by that territory, and sometimes the license fee plus the testing cost can cancel out any potential sales.

If the EU was available for Turtles, I imagine that we explored interest in this line with our EU distributors, and the numbers came back lower than they would need to be to support the additional investment. It's unfortunate, but if there aren't retailers willing to sell them, there's no point in us taking on the additional territory.
I totally understand what you are saying, but blind bagging the turtles was a big mistake, since it has only pushed the price of them up for us in the UK and EU. The 4 pack Mirage turtles are gonna be much easier for me to get.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
Old 03-05-2015, 03:24 PM   #130
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Will Bradford come with his Helmet? And do you plan to male mutant forms of chatecters like Bradford, Anton Zeck , or even Karai
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:19 PM   #131
DSTZach
Thug

Quote:
I totally understand what you are saying, but blind bagging the turtles was a big mistake, since it has only pushed the price of them up for us in the UK and EU. The 4 pack Mirage turtles are gonna be much easier for me to get.
Pushed them up where? At specific retailers? I see opened TMNT going tor £4-5 on eBay UK, Marvel 2-packs going for £6-9, and 4-packs going for £16. Per figure, the SRP (suggested retail price) is a little higher on single packs than it is on two-packs -- $5.99 (about £4) for one vs. $9.99 (£6.50) for two -- so that seems pretty consistent, although the chase figure obviously sells for more. Of course, you have to pay shipping and duties on top of that, so that might be why they might cost more at a brick-and-mortar store in the UK. Might also explain the £10.99 price per bag on Amazon UK. (Ouch.)

Quote:
Will Bradford come with his Helmet? And do you plan to male mutant forms of chatecters like Bradford, Anton Zeck , or even Karai
No on Bradford's helmet, but I believe we are looking at some of those mutant forms for Series 3.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:11 AM   #132
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Pushed them up where? At specific retailers? I see opened TMNT going tor £4-5 on eBay UK, Marvel 2-packs going for £6-9, and 4-packs going for £16. Per figure, the SRP (suggested retail price) is a little higher on single packs than it is on two-packs -- $5.99 (about £4) for one vs. $9.99 (£6.50) for two -- so that seems pretty consistent, although the chase figure obviously sells for more. Of course, you have to pay shipping and duties on top of that, so that might be why they might cost more at a brick-and-mortar store in the UK. Might also explain the £10.99 price per bag on Amazon UK. (Ouch.)

No on Bradford's helmet, but I believe we are looking at some of those mutant forms for Series 3.

A set of just the 4 turtles on Lukes is around $25 dollars, where as the mirage set is around $18. Can't even find the Nick TMNT on ebay from a UK seller. The ones on amazon are around £11.

I just.... want them

Old 03-06-2015, 11:44 AM   #133
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Are you aloud to say what any wave 3 figures are?
Old 03-06-2015, 06:22 PM   #134
Rukitron
Stone Warrior

Fred Wolf TMNT with initial belt buckles when?

Also yeah, I never saw many of the toys r us minimate 2 packs. I was tempted to buy a blind bag, but they're $6 and for $7 you could get two.
Rukitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 06:57 PM   #135
DSTZach
Thug

Quote:
A set of just the 4 turtles on Lukes is around $25 dollars, where as the mirage set is around $18. Can't even find the Nick TMNT on ebay from a UK seller. The ones on amazon are around £11.
Well, finding a UK seller selling them for SRP is going to be tough, because they're all paying the same duties. The ones I can see coming from the U.S. on eBay UK are a little over £4 each, and if shipping is combined, I imagine that would help offset import fees.

SRP on a 4-pack is $19.99. SRP on 4 blind-bagged Turtles is $23.96. So yeah, the prices are going to be a little different. But if the Mirage sets works for you, that's great. It should be a cool set. Luke ships to the UK a lot, so he certainly knows how to ship inexpensively. He also ships loose, on request.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:58 PM   #136
DSTZach
Thug

Quote:
Are you aloud to say what any wave 3 figures are?
I'd rather not reveal a lineup until we have pics. But the Turtles will return with new outfits.
Old 03-07-2015, 03:22 AM   #137
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I'd rather not reveal a lineup until we have pics. But the Turtles will return with new outfits.
Wow that's fantastic! I was hoping they would have a new out fit instead of just a few more accessories even though those wave 2 turtles are super cool I wouldn't want the same thing done twice.
Old 03-07-2015, 02:01 PM   #138
Orochi
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Guess this means Mystic Turtles confirmed? Can we perhaps expect a Slash at some point in the future, or maybe a Steranko to go with Zeck?
Old 03-07-2015, 04:23 PM   #139
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Guess this means Mystic Turtles confirmed? Can we perhaps expect a Slash at some point in the future, or maybe a Steranko to go with Zeck?
I really hope it's the mystic turtles, those mystic outfits were the coolest ones they've worn.
Old 03-07-2015, 04:30 PM   #140
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I really hope it's the mystic turtles, those mystic outfits were the coolest ones they've worn.