The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-03-2016, 08:16 PM   #41
DVD
Mad Scientist

Happy camper here.
I found the two Cave Turtle sets I needed.
Did all the stuff.
Tom got back to me with the final quote inc postage to China. Only then did I realize this wasn't a 60% sale as I foolishly misread, it's a 60% off sale, as I'm sure everybody above the age of 4 noticed!!!
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 06:26 AM   #42
Dragnskull
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizer17 View Post
There are many figures/vehicles from the old toon series I missed. Mytee has some of them. Prices still are high though. They seem to be inflated on ebay too. I mean people are asking 1 grand for Scratch. That seems ridiculous to me. I assume this is because of the 2012 TMNT series and two movies. It would be nice if it reverted back to cheaper prices after turtle madness slows down again sometime but I am not confident.
supply and demand =/= inflation

yes prices for just about everything TMNT have become highly volatile since their resurgence in popularity.

scratch is one of the holy grails for tmnt collectors, there's no reason to be surprised its price skyrockets when they become popular again.

I got the sideshow statues for under 300 each when the first ones released. They spiked to 2-3k each when the first movie came out and the nick toon first started. Demand was high with supply low. Now theres like 10 sets of statues to pick from and the prices have started calming back down. Supply high.

For the record, I agree that prices have gone nuts and I have bought little to nothing since its happened, luckily I have most everything I want as it is, but to say any of the pricing are inflated or ridiculous is just ignoring basic economics. Wrong mindset to have in these sorts of situations
Dragnskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 07:52 PM   #43
kizer17
Thug

Yeah, I understand what you are saying. Scratch supply is low and demand is I guess higher. Even so, people can still ask for too much like 1 grand the first time (secretly getting ripped off). All it takes is one sucker who ends up buying it at 1 grand and then bam, they are now all selling for 1 grand (due to ebay history). I won't be paying 1 grand for that even though it would be nice to have. I guess with all the scalpers on ebay and such these days and jaked up prices I have developed an irritation. I guess I missed the band wagon when the figures used to not be so costly. People have made it costly though, by willingly paying jaked up prices to begin with. And then, there is history of it being sold for higher dollar and then it stays that way. I am glad I don't collect Star Wars.
kizer17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 06:58 PM   #44
Freeman
Hench Mutant

Just did my order.
Despite some items beeing overpriced and the unorthodox payment, too many cool thing missing in my collection were in stock.
Could not afford to go all 'gimme that figure berserk mode', but happy with my cart and for helping a fellow turtle fan close a chapter in his life.
Old 09-10-2016, 11:04 AM   #45
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

There are multiple cases of Scratch selling at $1k or higher in recent history. That's just FMV. It's not getting ripped off if people are paying it time and again. I don't like it since I sold mine for $250, but hey, no use crying over spilled milk. This is what the market has dictated.

Once everyone willing to pay $1k gets theirs, the price might start to fall. It might be in 2 years. It might be in 50 years. No telling when it'll be, but if there's one thing I've learned with collecting, it's that patience is a virtue.
On the other hand, collectors might start being willing to pay even more. In that case, maybe sometime in the future $1k will look like a steal. Only time will tell.

Once you do get it, you'll look at it. And look at it some more. And maybe display it somewhere. And look at it some more. And then you'll move on to something else. There will always be something else. And there will be some things you'll come to terms with the fact you'll never own simply because you've been priced out of the market.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 01:26 PM   #46
billbot85
Mad Scientist

Sorry to bump an old thread, but there's still a good amount of tmnt stuff left on myteefine's website at the same discount if anyone is interested.

I too have had no issues ordering from him in the past, so I might grab a few things off of his website when I have the spare change.

GIFSoup

Last edited by billbot85; 05-14-2017 at 01:51 PM.
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 01:44 PM   #47
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

i have sent Tom 3 messages about a MOC fan club Raphael and he wont reply so im done with that store
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote