Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2016, 03:45 PM   #13
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fixer View Post
Unless I'm gravely mistaken, the O'Neil farm was an actual existing house near Wilmington, not a constructed set...

Of course, what often happens with movie locations is that the location scout (along with the director of course) select a vacant building they can alter, dress and fill with their cumbersome gear to their heart's desire without having to worry about the occupants. After the movie wraps, it isn't uncommon that such buildings are torn down.
For example (if I remember correctly) the Goonies house in Astoria, Oregon was vacant when the movie was shot there. (Luckily it wasn't torn down afterwards.)

What I'm trying to say is- maybe the reason we can't find a trace of the house is that it simply didn't survive the start of the nineties.

Sure hope I'm wrong.
I can't remember where, but I'm pretty sure I've read that it was a found location.

Unless the production builds the structure, it's more than likely rented. In that case, the production wouldn't have any reason to tear down locations. While it's possible that the farm house is no longer around, it's probably not due to the production.

Does anyone here have call sheets from the farm shoot? That might have the location info/address.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote