The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-13-2015, 03:40 PM   #1
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Articulated Icons Feudal Series Ninjas

Hi everyone,

The last couple months over at thefwoosh.com, we've seen teasers posted for a new upcoming line of 6" super pose-able action figures. So far the basic ninja had been revealed. Many accessories and will come in black, white, and red.
http://thefwoosh.com/2015/08/articul...d-paint-master

http://thefwoosh.com/2015/08/articul...t-master-final

I'm thinking these will be pretty awesome in some TMNT scenes......

More characters in this line to be revealed! Unsure the cost and whether or not this will be a kickstarter.
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 04:04 PM   #2
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

That's pretty cool. Would be nice for TMNT toy pictures indeed., or customizing. Probably a lot cheaper then hunting down Marvel Legends Hand Ninjas.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 09:08 PM   #3
Toadtrooper
Hench Mutant

They really need to axe the "Feudal Series" part, because the shinobi of Japan's Feudal era most certainly did not look like that. Ninjas, as they're primarily called in western culture, didn't have uniforms. They had disguises. Lots and lots of various disguises.

I get it. They want 6" GI Joe figures and Hasbro isn't budging. But the ninja is probably the second most-butchered pop culture staple after the Velociraptor. But nobody would buy a "historical" farmer or a "historical" small feathered dinosaur because the popular versions are so vivid in our minds. So I don't know why they're even trying for a historical spin on this.

Just fess up and make an amazing, historically-inaccurate figure.
Toadtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 09:23 PM   #4
Powder
So tired of this place

Psyched as hell for these. They're super dope, & reminiscent enough of certain ranks of IDW's Foot Clan for me to want a few. Especially if I can nab the onii mask. Meant to make a thread about these the other day & forgot.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 12:35 AM   #5
drewizzle88
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Karai View Post
Hi everyone,

The last couple months over at thefwoosh.com, we've seen teasers posted for a new upcoming line of 6" super pose-able action figures. So far the basic ninja had been revealed. Many accessories and will come in black, white, and red.
http://thefwoosh.com/2015/08/articul...d-paint-master

http://thefwoosh.com/2015/08/articul...t-master-final

I'm thinking these will be pretty awesome in some TMNT scenes......

More characters in this line to be revealed! Unsure the cost and whether or not this will be a kickstarter.
I think the size of these would look really good with the revoltech turtles, thanks for sharing.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:54 AM   #6
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadtrooper View Post
They really need to axe the "Feudal Series" part, because the shinobi of Japan's Feudal era most certainly did not look like that. Ninjas, as they're primarily called in western culture, didn't have uniforms. They had disguises. Lots and lots of various disguises.

I get it. They want 6" GI Joe figures and Hasbro isn't budging. But the ninja is probably the second most-butchered pop culture staple after the Velociraptor. But nobody would buy a "historical" farmer or a "historical" small feathered dinosaur because the popular versions are so vivid in our minds. So I don't know why they're even trying for a historical spin on this.

Just fess up and make an amazing, historically-inaccurate figure.
Do they claim to make historically accurate figures, though? They seem to plan more figures, and it can still be fantasy even though it's called The Feudal Series.

personally. I'm more interested in a Ninjas action figure then just a guy from feudal Japan who happens to have a few non-katana weapon accessories packed in with, cause the normal looking Japanese feudal citizen happens to be a shinobi.

It's like buying a James Bond figure in jeans and a t-shirt instead of being in a tux.

I mean, if we're gonna nitpick beyond the highly incarcerate figure, since no such Ninja existed. They did not wear black dogi as a uniform, and tabi are not some "Ninja footwear" it's just regular common used socks, nothing else special. A ninja would most likely not use the sai, as it's an Okinawan weapon, ands it reached Japan in the for of the Jutte, a single curved prong instead off two, and was most commonly used by law enforcement.

A ninja would never wear a katana, they are expensive and only reserved for the bushi caste, you'll stick out like a sore thumb and it's illegal for commoners to have them. A Ninja would never wear a Daisho, as that's Samurai only to carry a long sword and a short sword together like that. Being a non-samurai and carrying a daisho would be the equivalent off rubbing your genitals up against strangers on the street shouting profanities at them. Even a Ninja that is a Samurai would not use his own sword during whatever "Ninja mission" he would do, what if his swords got recognized, lost or broken, that's just dumb. And the swords would get in the way of sneaking around.

carrying a long sword on your back is stupid, a katana is way too long for being drawn behind your back, and carrying it on your back for mobility makes it useless if you suddenly needs it.

But Ninja action figures with swords are cool, yo. I want ten off them.

Last edited by Candy Kappa; 08-14-2015 at 01:30 AM.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:33 AM   #7
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Ooooo these will fit in nicely with my TMNT figures!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 11:00 AM   #8
Metalhead 2.0
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Do they claim to make historically accurate figures, though? They seem to plan more figures, and it can still be fantasy even though it's called The Feudal Series.

personally. I'm more interested in a Ninjas action figure then just a guy from feudal Japan who happens to have a few non-katana weapon accessories packed in with, cause the normal looking Japanese feudal citizen happens to be a shinobi.

It's like buying a James Bond figure in jeans and a t-shirt instead of being in a tux.

I mean, if we're gonna nitpick beyond the highly incarcerate figure, since no such Ninja existed. They did not wear black dogi as a uniform, and tabi are not some "Ninja footwear" it's just regular common used socks, nothing else special. A ninja would most likely not use the sai, as it's an Okinawan weapon, ands it reached Japan in the for of the Jutte, a single curved prong instead off two, and was most commonly used by law enforcement.

A ninja would never wear a katana, they are expensive and only reserved for the bushi caste, you'll stick out like a sore thumb and it's illegal for commoners to have them. A Ninja would never wear a Daisho, as that's Samurai only to carry a long sword and a short sword together like that. Being a non-samurai and carrying a daisho would be the equivalent off rubbing your genitals up against strangers on the street shouting profanities at them. Even a Ninja that is a Samurai would not use his own sword during whatever "Ninja mission" he would do, what if his swords got recognized, lost or broken, that's just dumb. And the swords would get in the way of sneaking around.

carrying a long sword on your back is stupid, a katana is way too long for being drawn behind your back, and carrying it on your back for mobility makes it useless if you suddenly needs it.

But Ninja action figures with swords are cool, yo. I want ten off them.
I wish we could upvote comments on here...
Metalhead 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 11:56 AM   #9
Toadtrooper
Hench Mutant

Quote:
The thing keeping me from giving them any money is that they were so coy while teasing the line. It's a mix of history and fantasy, but they're not drawing the line. I believe that toys can educate as much as they can entertain, and that just didn't happen here.

It's more for people who want Marvel ninjas and GI Joe ninjas than people who want something accurate out of the Feudal era. The people who hear Matthew Perry and think Chandler Bing and not the Treaty of Kanagawa.

It should be a great figure. But the subtext on the forum is that they're making the best ninja figure ever... which is both true and false depending on how you look at it. Which is why I'm knocking the Feudal Series subtitle and not the actual product.

It's like the TMNT Classic Bebop and Rocksteady. They were Bebop and Rocksteady but there was absolutely nothing distinctly Classic about either of the designs.
Toadtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 12:15 PM   #10
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

Jeez, it's just a name...

The line's planned as a mix of all kinds of Eastern pop culture, not history (think the cancelled NECA Shaw Bros. line from a few years back). No, it's not anything like a real ninja would have looked, but if you asked 100 people to describe a ninja, 99 would probably describe something pretty close to that action figure. It's how they've been depicted in games, comics, movies and books for decades, and it'll fill a very much-needed gap in a lot of collections. I know I'll be down for a ton - half a dozen white to represent the Chaste, at least half a dozen reds for the Hand, and as many black ones as I can get to convert into Foot ninja.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 12:34 PM   #11
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

We ARE talking about these figure's potential to be placed with MUTATED TURTLES right? Therefore I chuckle at any arguments about historical accuracy, at least on this message board.
Here is the latest update
http://thefwoosh.com/2015/08/articul...k-paint-master
Old 08-14-2015, 12:44 PM   #12
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

An accurate figure off a Shinobi would be... very bland (but a nice novelty, I agree). I mean, sure, Samurai figures could use some background farmers and commoners. Cause, that's it. Real Shinobi dressed as "normal" people, either in their regular attire or dressed up as a commoners etc.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:52 PM   #13
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Karai View Post
We ARE talking about these figure's potential to be placed with MUTATED TURTLES right? Therefore I chuckle at any arguments about historical accuracy, at least on this message board.
Here is the latest update
http://thefwoosh.com/2015/08/articul...k-paint-master
Yeeeeeah, that's the one I'm drooling over, the deluxe. These father lovers need to hit me with a price point, though.

Old 08-14-2015, 02:55 PM   #14
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant

these are neat! the weapons would be cool for custom turtles and they should make a girl, kunoich( I'm sure I spelled that wrong) style one.

"Breath in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3

"You know what, you're not Leonardo, you're a member of the foot clan. you are a foot clan member! you're not just a member, you're Danny! you're that punk b*tch Danny!"
-Adam, workaholics, teenage mutant ninja roommates
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 03:59 PM   #15
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

a Kunoichi would be great, we could have a 1:12th scale stand-in for Karai.
Old 08-17-2015, 01:30 PM   #16
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

white ninja paint master
http://thefwoosh.com/2015/08/109759
Old 08-18-2015, 09:10 AM   #17
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Update

Looks like it will be a kickstarter! Preliminary pricing and stretch goals announced:

http://thefwoosh.com/2015/08/articul...gn-coming-soon
Old 08-18-2015, 09:20 AM   #18
Powder
So tired of this place

Funds permitting, I'm gonna try to get one basic & one deluxe, both in black. Or just one deluxe. Too bad it'll take a whole year to see 'em, but maybe by then we'll have some IDW turtles to display them with. Wishful thinking...

Old 08-18-2015, 11:13 AM   #19
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Oh no.... I'm still recovering from 4H's Mythic Legion Kickstarter. Gotta get me some black ninja army builders and a red one, and probably some off those stretch goals.
Old 08-18-2015, 02:31 PM   #20
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Oh no.... I'm still recovering from 4H's Mythic Legion Kickstarter. Gotta get me some black ninja army builders and a red one, and probably some off those stretch goals.

Haha me too. And keep in mind they are putting a second wave of Mythic Legions Ravens (plus select first wave Ravens) up for preorder soon! Ah!