The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 06-17-2019, 04:32 AM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Marvel Teasing Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 4 Comic Adaptation?

Quote:
Marvel Comics tweeted a cryptic photo of the number 4 in Spider-Man’s webbing, complete with a spider crawling on the webbing. At the time people assumed they were teasing some kind of crossover with Dan Slott’s Fantastic 4 run, as Slott wrote Spider-Man comics for many years.

But two interesting things have happened:

1: Dan Slott tweeted that the image had nothing to do with his Fantastic 4 run, and that there would be no crossover on his end. The tweet has since been deleted

2: Alex Ross posted an image he drew of Tobey Maguire’s Spider-Man and Kirsten Dunst’s Mary Jane swinging through NYC. He captioned the photo #SpiderMan4 . As you may recall, Ross did drawings for the opening credits scenes of all three Raimi Spider-Man movies. This tweet has also since been deleted, and replaced with a different image of comic book Spider-Man saying #SDCC.
https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/..._be_coming_in/
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:03 AM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I never realized Raimi's potential Spider-Man 4 ever even made it to script stage. Or would this be like a "what if?"
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:43 PM   #3
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I never realized Raimi's potential Spider-Man 4 ever even made it to script stage. Or would this be like a "what if?"
Raimi walked off the project as soon as Sony started mandating a few things be added to the script...like Peter actually cheating on Mary Jane and abandoning his children to be with the Vulture's daughter. Elements of the original treatment (Peter ending up divorced and an established female character being related to an enemy) were used in Spider-Verse and Homecoming.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:54 PM   #4
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Marvel just released a 3 in the same style...so sadly it seems this was an unfounded rumor...

*sigh*

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 01:11 PM   #5
AquaParade
Banned

Damn. I'll take anything Sam Raimi - Spider-Man related at this point.

I understand now how the older generation felt about Christopher Reeve's Superman films. Sam Raimi's Spider-Man is my own personal golden age of superhero...well, anything. Everything about those films, from the direction to the personal memories they come with are profoundly important to me.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:08 PM   #6
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Marvel just released a 3 in the same style...so sadly it seems this was an unfounded rumor...

*sigh*
Oh phooie, doesn't explain what Alex Ross was doing with that #Spiderman4 hastag and Raimi era artwork though
Old 06-17-2019, 02:56 PM   #7
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Damn. I'll take anything Sam Raimi - Spider-Man related at this point.

I understand now how the older generation felt about Christopher Reeve's Superman films. Sam Raimi's Spider-Man is my own personal golden age of superhero...well, anything. Everything about those films, from the direction to the personal memories they come with are profoundly important to me.
Same here. Along with Justice League it got be into super hero comics beyond TMNT Adventures.
Old 06-20-2019, 08:21 AM   #8
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Oh never mind, it's just a limited series relaunch of SPIDER-MAN, written by JJ Abrams and his son

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/20/a....co/65GPrZSriR
Old 09-18-2019, 08:01 AM   #9
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Marvel's Pull List video has more on the JJ Abrams Spider-Man book

Details from the issue

Spoiler:
Peter has a son, Benjamin 'Benny' Parker, and the book explores his day to day life...he's a redhead just like his mother, and he has a troubled relationship with his father, who rarely sees him as he's always out on business. A battle with the villain Cadaverous left him without a hand, and MJ is dead, killed by Cadaverous twelve years earlier (though she's potentially seen later confined to a stasis tank...or that could be someone else, we can't tell)
Old 09-20-2019, 05:05 PM   #10
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Take a cue from Life Story with Benjy? Does he have a twin sister Claire? Slightly off topic, but is Claire a legacy name like Ben is?

Too bad the masses got hyped up for the wrong reason bring me Malkovich/ Vulture and his daughter The Vultress could not see the light of day. What I appreciated was the comic book accuracy of the characters right down to the proper hair color. Vulturess would have been a break from that trend and its first divergence as far as actual characters. The backgrounds were changed like making Sandman a father with a sick daughter or giving Otto a wife. There were also the cliche's like Kirsten Dunst's Mary Jane always being a damsel in distress and the villain always finding out who Peter was and having a personal connection. Well, actually that continues to this day, were Rhino and "Shocker" the only ones without a tie of any kind and knowing Peter is Spider-Man?
Old 09-21-2019, 01:33 AM   #11
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Take a cue from Life Story with Benjy? Does he have a twin sister Claire?
No, Benjy's an only child here.
Old 11-25-2019, 06:20 PM   #12
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Wow, stumbled on this months after the fact. I remember all the hype about it and speculation before this series launched. Hang out on a comic book forum and this series is not very popular there with the most vocal due to the bait-and-switches. Course, the switch that it was about a widowed Spider-Man's kid was the deal breaker for me on deciding not to try it.
Old 11-27-2019, 06:53 AM   #13
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
Wow, stumbled on this months after the fact. I remember all the hype about it and speculation before this series launched. Hang out on a comic book forum and this series is not very popular there with the most vocal due to the bait-and-switches. Course, the switch that it was about a widowed Spider-Man's kid was the deal breaker for me on deciding not to try it.
I'm still giving it a go, but I agree that it's kind of lost momentum a bit, and the delays aren't helping.