The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-12-2018, 05:48 PM   #61
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Once back in my young 20s I'd skipped classes (college) and stayed home sick. Cold meds as tablets that dissolve in your mouth were a semi-newish thing and we had a pack of them, so at some point I'd decided I'd try those out, go grab some clean clothes I had in the dryer, then go take a long hot shower. I can only assume I had some kind of reaction to those meds as very soon after taking them, while headed to the basement (to the dryer), I'd started feeling a bit funny in the head. By the time I was coming back up the basement steps I was getting rather dizzy. And by the time I got back to the living room, where I'd been spending the day on the sofa, I was so dizzy that I just had to put my clothes aside and lay back down. Best I could think was to just try to sleep it off. I did feel better later (albeit still sick with a bad cold) after the meds had worn off.

Later on my sister came home from high school telling me about some incident in a science class in which a few friends were a bit concerned and were asking her if she felt okay because apparently her color was a bit funny and her lips looked a little blue...

She felt entirely fine. And apparently whatever it was went away because she looked normal when she got home. But after telling me about it, the timing of that incident kind of coincided roughly around the same time of day I'd had that weird dizzy spell. So... strange coincidence? Or one of those weird family connection things...? I mean, I'm kind of skeptical of such things, but given the timing and that she felt entirely fine... I dunno.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 12:42 AM   #62
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

My own school story, taking place in high school.

In a gym class one day, we were doing an activity with those little scooters (you know the ones!). I think it was a relay game that involved one person sitting on the scooter with another pushing from behind. I don't entirely remember it because of what happened to me.

There was a tendency to lose momentum, so people often fell off the scooters. When it came to my time, I started to feel the speed, so I slammed my feet down hard and ended up launching myself off the scooter.

Which is where the great part happens. Most people just sort of fell on the ground, but I ended up sailing a short distance.
Right over a guy who had already fallen off his. For the brief second I was in the air, I feared I would land on him, but was lucky to just miss him and landed knees-first. I got a little bit of a rub on the skin, but I was okay.

The class was in hysterics - and so was I when I could grasp what happened. Unfortunately, no one had filmed the event.

But as funny as the classes perspective, there was no capturing my memory of the guy's terror as I flew over him. And I'm sure he had his perspective of me flying over him.
Old 06-22-2019, 02:18 AM   #63
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Forgive the bump, please, at least it took some real effort to track the thread down via Google.

Was watching a few powwow videos and hoping maybe this summer we can go to one down state that for quite a while we'd get to almost yearly, but haven't been to it in a really long time. I'd love to get my nephew down there, and hopefully being 3 now maybe he can handle it this year and stay with us and not cause an issue.

But it got me reminiscing about this little one a friend and I drove up to in PA years ago. Unfortunately, this one left me/us a little weirded out and we never bothered going again. (edit: Can't even find it online so maybe they stopped doing it; unless it grew and moved and is the one listed for a fairgrounds in the same town.)

The attending drum group was all women, which was pretty awesome. None I'd been to before had a women's group, so that was a cool change of pace.

Except. One of the women in this group -- the one who had to go and make it weird -- is dead on staring at my friend and I like the entire time. The hell?

My friend was convinced it was her who was being stared at. And even when we left and had to drive past their vehicles where these girls were packing up their stuff, she seriously TURNS AND STARES at us as we drive past. Omg, seriously, what the heck.

It's always been one of those things that has kept me wondering what the heck that was about. If I was the age I am NOW, I might have stopped and wanted to ask her what's up and maybe clear the air on whatever was going on there...

I mean it's so strange and kinda creepy, but funny in a way now. I've always wondered and partly assumed that maybe one of us looked like someone she knew? And hated?? (Maybe resemble someone who stole her boyfriend? lol I mean that was some intense staring like it was personal. lol) But in that case, we were from far enough out of the area ... Yeah, sister, mistaken identity. But rude much with the staring?

Gah, it's just so weird!
Old 06-22-2019, 03:56 AM   #64
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Forgive the bump, please, at least it took some real effort to track the thread down via Google.

Was watching a few powwow videos and hoping maybe this summer we can go to one down state that for quite a while we'd get to almost yearly, but haven't been to it in a really long time. I'd love to get my nephew down there, and hopefully being 3 now maybe he can handle it this year and stay with us and not cause an issue.

But it got me reminiscing about this little one a friend and I drove up to in PA years ago. Unfortunately, this one left me/us a little weirded out and we never bothered going again. (edit: Can't even find it online so maybe they stopped doing it; unless it grew and moved and is the one listed for a fairgrounds in the same town.)

The attending drum group was all women, which was pretty awesome. None I'd been to before had a women's group, so that was a cool change of pace.

Except. One of the women in this group -- the one who had to go and make it weird -- is dead on staring at my friend and I like the entire time. The hell?

My friend was convinced it was her who was being stared at. And even when we left and had to drive past their vehicles where these girls were packing up their stuff, she seriously TURNS AND STARES at us as we drive past. Omg, seriously, what the heck.

It's always been one of those things that has kept me wondering what the heck that was about. If I was the age I am NOW, I might have stopped and wanted to ask her what's up and maybe clear the air on whatever was going on there...

I mean it's so strange and kinda creepy, but funny in a way now. I've always wondered and partly assumed that maybe one of us looked like someone she knew? And hated?? (Maybe resemble someone who stole her boyfriend? lol I mean that was some intense staring like it was personal. lol) But in that case, we were from far enough out of the area ... Yeah, sister, mistaken identity. But rude much with the staring?

Gah, it's just so weird!
Hell yeah, proud for a FredWolfLeonardo thread to get bumped for the first time!

And perhaps she is from an alternate universe, where you and her friend knew her well.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 12:37 PM   #65
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well happy to do you the honor, then. lol

She may as well have been for that matter, but we must be enemies in that world. "You can't escape me, drum lady!! Mwahahaha!"

Some do travel and participate in many of these things and I've recognized one of the dancers from another area powwow at least once, but these girls, never.