The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-29-2019, 01:13 PM   #21
daggio
Foot Soldier

I love it when issues have so many developments in them, I become more anxious to see what happens next.

Spoiler:
Leatherhead appearing almost out of no where came as a surprise as the way things have been going I thought he was going to appear later down the road....and with Bishop in toe. Maybe that's on hold for awhile (I still think a Leatherhead/EPF partnership is gonna happen at some point). What's gonna happen between him and Splinter is one of those things that makes me wanna see next month now.

Null and her mutants returning was definitely not what I was expecting. I was expecting them sometime later, but not now. This now brings up the question...wasn't Zodi taken into EPF custody last we saw her, thanks to Angel? Either that Universe back-up is meant to occur later or there's a backstory to that that maybe we as the audience will find out about later. On a side note, I wonder who this "little birdie" is that Hob spoke of....maybe Zodi and/or Krisa are/is secretly helping the Mutanimals? Or maybe Alopex? Another thing that makes me anxious for next month.
To me it is nice that maybe finally the Mutanimals ranks are gonna go up again. Their membership has essentially been static since the Mutanimals miniseries.

And we still don't know what Honeycutt saw on the screen last issue!
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 03:04 PM   #22
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Spoiler:
I thought the 'little birdie' was Alopex? Since she was the only one there besides Raphael.

Now that Null is there, I'm thinking what Honeycutt saw is related to whatever she's doing.

The bit with Hob stating "She's making slaves, I'm making soldiers" sounds a lot like the mess that the Utroms got into with the Triceratons. It sounds so very close to being the exact same thing. Living beings created just to serve an agenda to their creator's purpose. The line between "slave" and "soldier" just becomes extremely thin, and boy, I kinda hope the Triceratons get wind of what he's doing so they can slap him with a "don't you even think about it"
Old 05-29-2019, 03:08 PM   #23
ChosenOne
Banned

Speaking of Null and the Triceratons, the way she mentioned them made it seem like there's a very entertaining incident there that took place during the invasion and sadly will never be told now that Universe is gone.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 05:06 PM   #24
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Null hates him
Idk about that. I say that cuz of the Zodi thing I laid out about her having been captured. Maybe, just maybe, theres some sort of alliance between the EPF and the Null Group. More likely would be maybe a trade was done. Null would say "give me back Zodi and I'll trade some secrets". I'm willing to bet some convoluted alliances are in store for the next few months.
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 06:56 PM   #25
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

So in #95 Metalhead Don is supplanted by Metalhead Jenika? It looks like Metalhead will attack his primary enemies who are watching over Jenika's only chance.
Old 05-29-2019, 07:10 PM   #26
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Way more characters popping up than I would've expected.

And CyberCubed can rest in peace; Null has appeared in the ongoing.

A little underwhelming for Raph and Hob finally teaming up, but promising. Hopefully the next few issues dig into that a lot more!
Old 05-29-2019, 08:54 PM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

This episode moved at a breakneck pace. The last couple of issues were so slow in pacing it felt like they were waiting to build up to something....now all of a sudden we have the Turtles on the run from Karai, Splinter and the Foot killing the mob, the Mutanimals attacking Null, Bishop/Metalhead getting ready to strike, and Leatherhead?

It's almost too much! Really surprised of no Karai in this issue at all. Now I'm wondering if they're going to rush a whole bunch of plots so the Patheon/Shredder/Kitsune stuff can happen immediately after.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 09:02 PM   #28
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
This episode moved at a breakneck pace. The last couple of issues were so slow in pacing it felt like they were waiting to build up to something....now all of a sudden we have the Turtles on the run from Karai, Splinter and the Foot killing the mob, the Mutanimals attacking Null, Bishop/Metalhead getting ready to strike, and Leatherhead?

It's almost too much! Really surprised of no Karai in this issue at all. Now I'm wondering if they're going to rush a whole bunch of plots so the Patheon/Shredder/Kitsune stuff can happen immediately after.
I for one am glad the slow pace of the last 3-4 issues is finally over. This is the main course we've been waiting so long to savor, and there are still enough issues to go in the arc that it shouldn't feel rushed in hindsight. This isn't Game of Thrones. Plus, we know for sure there's more coming after #100.

The only way I'll be legitimately worried is if the Pantheon gets too big of a role in an already crowded arc and take away from all the faction dynamics that have so much interesting ground yet to cover. This should be street level only.

Last edited by ChosenOne; 05-29-2019 at 09:38 PM.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 09:35 PM   #29
Shinigami
Thug

Where do the older issue posts go? I can't find them in the archive? I read these as digital trades, so I'm always behind.
Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote