The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2015, 11:39 AM   #21
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,421
Awesome development! I've still got my season 1 and 2 DVD sets, but I'm missing about half of 3 and 4 (because I skipped most of the single-disc releases and waited for the season sets to continue and they never did) so hopefully they put the next couple up before too long!

That or a boxed set, yeah. I'd buy that in a second.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 12:00 PM   #22
The Turtle Terminator
Stone Warrior
 
The Turtle Terminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 789
Not available in the UK. Dang it. Talk about a way to ruin a good day
__________________
The Turtle Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 12:20 PM   #23
neatoman
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 4,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Turtle Terminator View Post
Not available in the UK. Dang it. Talk about a way to ruin a good day
Yeah I was mistaken before, does not work here in Sweden either.
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 01:14 PM   #24
rickwj324
Stone Warrior
 
rickwj324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 961
I'm so relieved to hear this. I've thought about trying to pick up all of the volumes many times, but couldn't justify the cost. I'm hoping for a nice complete series set (like the FW Party Wagon set) soon! Day 1 purchase for me!!
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 03:22 PM   #25
blindturtle02
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tx
Posts: 2,609
Kick a$$! I hope this means more are on the way, including an uncut Turtles Forever.
__________________
Please don't remove my nice hat and wack me in the butt with it.
blindturtle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:49 PM   #26
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 31,542
So did anyone download an episode? I'm curious as to the quality and if they keep the full openings/endings.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 10:45 PM   #27
FlawedCoil82
Hench Mutant
 
FlawedCoil82's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 460
I am still not getting my hopes up yet. There are many shows that are available exclusively on itunes that have still never seen a physical dvd release. For example, I know 'X-Men Evolution' is one of those.
FlawedCoil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 10:53 PM   #28
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist
 
PangolinFeets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
I am still not getting my hopes up yet. There are many shows that are available exclusively on itunes that have still never seen a physical dvd release. For example, I know 'X-Men Evolution' is one of those.
Ouch, my aching heart. I love Evo.

I really do hope this means DVD release. I never got to properly watch the 2003 series and I'd be happy to grab it on DVD and just marathon it.
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 04:41 AM   #29
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So did anyone download an episode? I'm curious as to the quality and if they keep the full openings/endings.
And does it have those annoying "TV-Y7" ratings at the top like the DVD did? That was ridiculous...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 01:31 PM   #30
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 31,542
A single episode is only $1.99, why doesn't someone just buy the first episode, "Things Change" just to see the quality and how its presented?

None of you have $2 to spend?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 01:48 PM   #31
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
A single episode is only $1.99, why doesn't someone just buy the first episode, "Things Change" just to see the quality and how its presented?

None of you have $2 to spend?
Why don't you just buy an episode if you're so desperate to see it?

Even if you're not in a region it's available, still... other peoples' money and time aren't something at your command, dude. Yeesh.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 01:53 PM   #32
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 10,586
Btw, iTunes appears to be down, Its been down since this morning, You can't download any Apps or Purchases, Just to let you know.
__________________
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 02:13 PM   #33
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 31,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Why don't you just buy an episode if you're so desperate to see it?

Even if you're not in a region it's available, still... other peoples' money and time aren't something at your command, dude. Yeesh.
I don't have an itunes account.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 03:08 PM   #34
neatoman
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 4,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I don't have an itunes account.
Why not make one?
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 03:27 PM   #35
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I don't have an itunes account.
Do you have a credit card and two minutes?
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 03:57 PM   #36
Gunpowder
Stone Warrior
 
Gunpowder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 686
As desperate as I am to own some 2K3 episodes...if I bought these, then I'd have to buy the HD episodes of the Nick show, too; but I think I'll stick with waiting for the physical copies, even though it'll be a long time before either is released.

Buy digital copies now, and then regret it once the hard copies finally come out? Nah. I'll wait. I'm patient enough - and if not, there's youtube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
A single episode is only $1.99, why doesn't someone just buy the first episode, "Things Change" just to see the quality and how its presented?

None of you have $2 to spend?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Why don't you just buy an episode if you're so desperate to see it?
Beat me to it. Although, I do share Cubed's query.
__________________
Spoiler:
Spoiler:


Scumbag April.
Gunpowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 06:43 PM   #37
The-Shredder
Foot Soldier
 
The-Shredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 148
Although I have yet to buy an episode, from my observations, the preview videos shown on iTunes seem to appear grainy, kind of like a movie shot on film. When compared with other sources, there is little to no grain in the image.

Also, the previews on iTunes appear to be slightly zoomed in more than the source I have, with slightly different colors. I've noticed this when the episodes were uploaded on nick.com as well. Perhaps the original source was like this. Then again, the grain does give the show a more cinematic feel, which actually makes it a bit more exciting in my opinion.

iTunes


Other Source
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 07:52 PM   #38
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer
 
Drose18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,592
Anyone know if this is in better quality then the youtube uploads?
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 02:23 PM   #39
THGhost
Puppet Master
 
THGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,795
Not available on iTunes UK. Typical.

This is good news though, looks very promising. Bring on the DVD announcement! I don't care if they're region 1-only, they shall be mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
I am still not getting my hopes up yet. There are many shows that are available exclusively on itunes that have still never seen a physical dvd release. For example, I know 'X-Men Evolution' is one of those.
That's not completely true. The first 2 seasons were released in volumes, only seasons 3 & 4 were never released - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men:_Evolution#DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Shredder View Post
Although I have yet to buy an episode, from my observations, the preview videos shown on iTunes seem to appear grainy, kind of like a movie shot on film. When compared with other sources, there is little to no grain in the image.

Also, the previews on iTunes appear to be slightly zoomed in more than the source I have, with slightly different colors. I've noticed this when the episodes were uploaded on nick.com as well. Perhaps the original source was like this. Then again, the grain does give the show a more cinematic feel, which actually makes it a bit more exciting in my opinion.

iTunes
http://s30.postimg.org/qtogd4gbh/leo2.jpg

Other Source
http://s2.postimg.org/6ocal041x/leo.jpg
Hell yeah. Grain is great.
__________________
-
-
-

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 03:07 PM   #40
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,852
That's not grain so much as it is pixelation resulting from a bad transcoding job. The colors look off too.

Keep in mind the preview may look a little different from the final product.

This is what film grain looks like.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.