The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2017, 05:42 PM   #281
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
What if he's the voice of Batman? I could picture Batman making some kind of appearance in a Teen Titans Go movie.
Well yeah. He pops up in the show all the time.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:06 PM   #282
sdp
<<raver>>
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: MO
Posts: 5,746
__________________
@0sdp
TMNT articles @ MiscRave.com
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:11 PM   #283
Shark_Blade
Prince Elias Acorn
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,244
I'll believe it when I see it.
__________________

Sonic joined IDW Publishing - possible crossover with TMNT in the future?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:40 PM   #284
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 32,390
Where is that from?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:43 PM   #285
sdp
<<raver>>
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: MO
Posts: 5,746
Teen Titans Go, they love trolling the fans, I don't know why more people don't like it

Wouldn't surprise me if it happened for the new WB streaming service, especially if Go continues to be popular and Young Justice Season 3 does well in the service.
__________________
@0sdp
TMNT articles @ MiscRave.com
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:51 PM   #286
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 32,390
Well Ciro Nieli needs a new job now that TMNT ended. Maybe he can go back to Teen Titans.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 08:56 PM   #287
LeotheLateBloomer
Mad Scientist
 
LeotheLateBloomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,595
Lol, I always forget that he worked on Teen Titans. Would love to see him work on a new Batman cartoon.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 10:47 PM   #288
dl316bh
Hench Mutant
 
dl316bh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Teen Titans Go, they love trolling the fans, I don't know why more people don't like it
Said people take it personally. Which, I mean, it's definitely poking fun at them, but it's their own fault. If they weren't so ravenous and toxic about the show, it wouldn't happen. That sort of thing is why some creative types end up hating fans.

Quote:
Wouldn't surprise me if it happened for the new WB streaming service, especially if Go continues to be popular and Young Justice Season 3 does well in the service.
I would be genuinely surprised. Direct revivals of old cartoons are a rare enough phenomenon. One gone a decade would be practically unheard of. Maybe even the first.

Does Family Guy still hold the record at four years? But then, that doesn't even really count, since it doesn't really do much in the way of continuity and is more of an adult show. Which would probably leave it to Young Justice, actually, at three years.
__________________
dl316bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:48 AM   #289
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia
 
DestronMirage22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: MO
Posts: 1,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Dang it, I want to believe so bad, but I know it's unlikely to happen. ( ˃̣̣̥ω˂̣̣̥ )
__________________

Spoiler:
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:06 PM   #290
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 32,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
S

Does Family Guy still hold the record at four years? But then, that doesn't even really count, since it doesn't really do much in the way of continuity and is more of an adult show. Which would probably leave it to Young Justice, actually, at three years.
Futurama was revived like almost a decade after it was originally canceled by Fox. First they made 4 direct to DVD movies, then Comedy Central renewed the series for 52 more episodes.

Recently we also had Samurai Jack revived for a final season. And of course now Young Justice is back for Season 3.

Even more bizarre is Dragonball Super. Nobody ever believed there would be a new Dragonball series 18 years after the series and GT ended back in 1997.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:42 PM   #291
dl316bh
Hench Mutant
 
dl316bh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Futurama was revived like almost a decade after it was originally canceled by Fox. First they made 4 direct to DVD movies, then Comedy Central renewed the series for 52 more episodes.

Recently we also had Samurai Jack revived for a final season. And of course now Young Justice is back for Season 3.

Even more bizarre is Dragonball Super. Nobody ever believed there would be a new Dragonball series 18 years after the series and GT ended back in 1997.
Futurama's a lot like Family Guy in that there's not exactly a lot of continuity, but I still should have remembered that.

Samurai Jack I have absolutely no damn excuse not to remember, though. There we go then. There's your winner for longest gap. The rarest of beasts, a cartoon gone over a decade, with continuity - well, sort of, it was so minor it was barely there because Jack never dabbled in continuing narrative until it returned for that final season, but it had a tiny bit, mostly because the Scotsman appeared a couple times - that came back for one last hurrah.

Dragonball Super's a little surprising, I guess, but Anime works differently. Revivals like that do happen in Japan. Full Metal Panic! has a new series coming continuing the story after a long time. Gundam started getting entries in the UC Calender again after a long time where the focus was on alternate continuities and the most it got were tiny net animations as extras. I think Inuyasha had a big comeback to wrap up. It seems a bit more common over there. But then, Inuyasha and FMP, among others, are continuing narratives that never finished their stories, so that's different from DB Super, I guess.
__________________
dl316bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 04:20 PM   #292
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 32,390
Futurama actually has a lot of continuity and ongoing storylines for a comedy series though. It picked up right where it left off and concluded the Fry/Leela romance.

Futurama isn't really like Simpsons or Family Guy where time passes but nothing changes, Futurama actually had a loose narrative that went on throughout the series.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 05:18 PM   #293
dl316bh
Hench Mutant
 
dl316bh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Futurama actually has a lot of continuity and ongoing storylines for a comedy series though. It picked up right where it left off and concluded the Fry/Leela romance.

Futurama isn't really like Simpsons or Family Guy where time passes but nothing changes, Futurama actually had a loose narrative that went on throughout the series.
That's a fair point, but it was very loose, so much so that I always watched it out of order in re-runs - I still haven't done a full series watch in order from the beginning, I should probably get on that - and never felt its effect or saw much of it. Regardless, I concede the point on Futurama.
__________________
dl316bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tothecucks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.