The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-16-2005, 11:01 AM   #81
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Speaking of Angle...

(If you thought The Rock leaving was bad...)

UPN Cleveland (the US channel we get Smackdown on here) to mention they talked to Kurt Angle. It was to promote this week's Smackdown in Cleveland. During said interview, Angle mentioned that he'd be retiring after the WM21 match with Shawn Michaels. So then we scoured the net a bit, didn't see it mentioned on any of the reliable news sites (WO, Torch, PWI). I've since gone on some message boards at some popular sites and saw people seeing this same story, so yes, it is legit.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 11:18 AM   #82
Peanut
Second Gear

Angle had some great matches a couple years back, but I haven't been enjoying anything he's done lately. I say he should retire, he's too worn out. WWE needs to get Austin back.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 02:07 PM   #83
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut
WWE needs to get Austin back.
Austin IS back with the company, but it's in a non-wrestling capacity.

Besides, Austin is broken down as well, and is practically finished as a wrestler, plus he did'nt done anything for the buy rates or ratings since he stopped wrestling and became the co-General Manager of RAW.

I'd rather see new stars developed by the company rather than watch them bring back a relic from a boom period that is long since finished and will never happen again. The days of Austin, Rock, and Mankind are dead and buried
Old 02-16-2005, 03:27 PM   #84
Peanut
Second Gear

No kidding, but they aren't exactly doing well with developing talent, and the good talent they do have they misuse. Take a look at Booker and RVD. I'd much rather watch them go at it for the title than JBL and The Undertaker.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:55 PM   #85
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
No kidding, but they aren't exactly doing well with developing talent, and the good talent they do have they misuse. Take a look at Booker and RVD. I'd much rather watch them go at it for the title than JBL and The Undertaker.
I agree, unfortunatly, Hunter does't beleive either of those two are championship material, and as long as he has Steph in his corner, there permanent mid-carders who will get the occasional title push, but will never win it.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:41 PM   #86
Peanut
Second Gear

Man...Smackdown is terrible, I watched it tonight. Just pure garbage.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:47 PM   #87
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Man...Smackdown is terrible, I watched it tonight. Just pure garbage.

I'm glad the U.K is airing the PPV for free, Christ...it took them one show to add several more matches to a three-match card. Rubbish.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:50 PM   #88
Peanut
Second Gear

Even for free I wouldn't watch that PPV. That is one of the worst cards I've ever seen.
Old 02-18-2005, 10:00 AM   #89
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Even for free I wouldn't watch that PPV. That is one of the worst cards I've ever seen.
Tell me about it. SMACKDOWN sucks and it draws worse money than RAW does, J.B.L is'nt a convincing champion, and Cena has become a one-move wonder.

Oh, and apparently it's now been confirmed that promo videos are being prepared for a new interpromotional match at Wrestlemania 21

Randy Orton vs Undertaker

There will also be a triple threat match betwen Matt Hardy, Kane, and Gene Snitzky
Old 02-18-2005, 01:52 PM   #90
The Clerk
Stone Warrior

ugh, Undertaker best win, i'll cry if he looses his WM streak to Ortan... it was bad enough that Ortan killed Beniot's winning streak for the title.

Yeah, this coming PPV has a stupid card. The Barb Wired Steel Cage match sounds good on paper.... but with those two superstars... it just isn't gonna work, it would be awesome if the barb wire was on the whole cage instead of the top of it. They aren't even gonna go that high since you can just pin or make then submit in cage matches now... which i hate...

I don't really like Cena all that much, never really did, but he'll beat Angle, someone with talent, and go on to WM to prolly face Batista and JBL. Cena isn't a main eventer in my mind, not at all.

the only match i wouldn't mind seeing is the tag championship match, just because of Rey Rey.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:26 PM   #91
Peanut
Second Gear

I'm looking forward to Orton vs Undertaker. Legend on Legend Killer after all. Taker's career is coming to an end, and I recently read he's looking to put someone over big time before his career ends. It might be a nice little push for Orton to be the one to break Taker's WM winning streak.

I'm not overly interested in the title matches for WM, which will end up being HHH vs Batista and JBL vs Cena in my mind. I'd want the title to change hands both times, but I don't know if I see it happening both ways. If only one is going to win, I'd pick Cena over JBL to do it.

Probably the one most talked about match I'm looking forward to is Angle vs Shawn Michaels. Supposed to be Angle's retirement match. It should be a good one.

What worries me, is that at this time we usually know straight up who's going for what title at WM, things are in such a big jumble right now. I guess it's ok though, we do still have a while before WM. I just hope they can get some good angles and feuds going, because this years WM doesn't really look all that impressive.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:32 PM   #92
Head Spinnin' Bebop
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Ugh, I could say the same for almost every PPV these days. I hardly even pay attention to WWE anymore and personally sometimes I feel I even wouldn’t mind if they just went away. I knew how it used to be before, wouldn’t always last forever, but I never imagined the company would get as bad as it is now. The odd good thing will happen in a blue moon to bring back the days of when it was good and pull me in, like Gangrel returning. But its just a tease and you quickly have to get used to those days being over all over again. Sure, Viscera stayed, but look how he’s been used..or not used. All I really do now is read some results, I just don’t care enough to watch anymore. I used to have hope it would turn around again, but I can clearly see its only getting worse now. Its sad, really it is.

Only thing I’m looking forward is the release of the Doink the Clown figure!!! A WWF fan I’ll always be…..a WWE fan I’ll never be.
Head Spinnin' Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 01:36 PM   #93
ZariusTwo
Overlord

You guys are going to HATE this

The current plan is for Orton to BEAT Undertaker at Wrestlemania
Old 02-19-2005, 01:47 PM   #94
Demented Utrom
Hench Mutant

Undertaker losing to jobber mcjobber Randy Orton ah no.I don't watch Smackdown at all either.Randy Orton sucks and should stay in the midcard forever.
Demented Utrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 01:56 PM   #95
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Hmm... You know, I have so much to say about all this but it's tiring now. The matches, the plans, the direction. It could have gone so much better. The WWE is just... tiring.

Wait a minute. How is Orton a "jobber mcjobber"?

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 02:31 PM   #96
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROW
Hmm... You know, I have so much to say about all this but it's tiring now. The matches, the plans, the direction. It could have gone so much better. The WWE is just... tiring.
Yup.

Too bad TNA shot itself in the head years ago...it's still alive, but with Jarret as champion, it is'nt cutting it.
Old 02-19-2005, 05:49 PM   #97
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

I could see why Orton would beat Undertaker. Undertaker has been thinking of retiring, and Randy is the "Legend Killer" so it's not that bad of an Idea. I swear to god, reading this thread i see so many wrestling fans that just let what you are suppoused to think (Because it's the cool, internet fan thing to do) Affect how they think about wrestling, instead of just enjoying it and watching it for what it is.

Internet fans make me sick.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 05:58 PM   #98
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I hate Internet fans who think they can run the company better than the people who actually do, nothing more.

I still watch RAW, a lot of people in this thread do, we just hate SMACKDOWN a great deal, (which IS'NT ejoyable, even to the marks) beleive me, Internet fans still greatly admired the last boom period regardless.
Old 02-19-2005, 06:17 PM   #99
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo
I hate Internet fans who think they can run the company better than the people who actually do, nothing more.
THAT drives me up a wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo
I still watch RAW, a lot of people in this thread do, we just hate SMACKDOWN a great deal, (which IS'NT ejoyable, even to the marks) beleive me, Internet fans still greatly admired the last boom period regardless.

I dunno, sometimes I can watch SmackDown and have an ok time watching it, except of course when JBL Is involved

The thing that bothers me is you are suppoused to love or hate certain guys just because it's the cool thing to do on the internet. Like it was cool to love Randy a few months ago, now it's the cool thing to bash him. Why not just Oh I don't know... like who you want and not worry about what's cool on the internet.

Ok so i am talking on the phone while typing this so if it makes no sense sorry!
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 06:25 PM   #100
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Chains
Like it was cool to love Randy a few months ago, now it's the cool thing to bash him.!
Actually, Orton's face turn blew up in his face, it had nothing to do with the Internet dislike for him.

Tags
armbar#, silverdome brother, wrestling