The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-21-2019, 11:55 PM   #41
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
There's an alternate timeline version of it that replaced the original in Endgame.
Except Cap returned it to it's original timeline.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 05:11 AM   #42
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Except Cap returned it to it's original timeline.
Don't remember that, just the stones.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 08:27 AM   #43
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Not excited to have Jane Foster back. She worked in the comics, I guess, but I dunno, I didn't read them. (Basically she got cancer and got worthy, right?)

But the character failed in the MCU; and making her THE star of the fourth Thor movie seems like a terrible, terrible idea.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:58 AM   #44
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Jane's become the new Valkyrie in the comics now, but they'll probably change her back to Thor in two years time because they love cross-brand synergy.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 10:00 AM   #45
raph27
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Since he came back without Mjolnir on the bench, we can assume he returned it to Asgard as well, especially considering he was already there to return the Aether to Jane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
But the character failed in the MCU; and making her THE star of the fourth Thor movie seems like a terrible, terrible idea.
I share the same concerns based on her bland characterization in the two Thor movies, but from the behind the scenes drama I heard about TDW she left Marvel because she was also disappointed in what they wrote her as. I'm hoping if they convinced her back, it's because now there's a better role than last time.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 03:33 PM   #46
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
I'm sure he had the hammer with him.

Quote:
Not excited to have Jane Foster back. She worked in the comics, I guess, but I dunno, I didn't read them. (Basically she got cancer and got worthy, right?)

Who says she's the star of the movie.

Sure, they are making a big deal Natalie Portman because she's a fairly big name that no one expected to return to the MCU and they are drawing inspiration from a popular story line from the comics.

I'd wager Hemsworth's Odinson will still be the star. This just reminds me of when people were convinced Endgame was going to be Captain Marvel ft The Avengers and she'd get the final blow against Thanos.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 03:43 PM   #47
CyberCubed
Overlord

I didn't think Natalie Portman was bad in Thor 1, just kinda forgettable. In Thor 2 she and the rest of them were pretty boring/annoying but so was the whole movie in general.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 04:02 PM   #48
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Who says she's the star of the movie.

Sure, they are making a big deal Natalie Portman because she's a fairly big name that no one expected to return to the MCU and they are drawing inspiration from a popular story line from the comics.

I'd wager Hemsworth's Odinson will still be the star. This just reminds me of when people were convinced Endgame was going to be Captain Marvel ft The Avengers and she'd get the final blow against Thanos.
Granted, nobody has explicitly said that. But it seems a weird direction to take Thor if Natalie ISN'T taking over. Also given how Thor very weirdly decided to say "fvck it" at the end of Avengers 4 and give the throne over, it seems pretty apparent that while the Thor franchise may not go anywhere, the MCU is more interested in exploring new aspects of the franchise and phasing the original lead out.

Just in the same way that Hawkeye is being replaced by Kate Bishop, Captain America is being replaced by Bucky and Falcon, Iron Man and Black Widow are dead, and Hulk never gets a solo movie anyway because Universal.

The MCU will continue for years; but the Original 6 Avengers have been and are still being removed from the board.
Old 07-22-2019, 04:24 PM   #49
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Granted, nobody has explicitly said that. But it seems a weird direction to take Thor if Natalie ISN'T taking over. Also given how Thor very weirdly decided to say "fvck it" at the end of Avengers 4 and give the throne over, it seems pretty apparent that while the Thor franchise may not go anywhere, the MCU is more interested in exploring new aspects of the franchise and phasing the original lead out.

Just in the same way that Hawkeye is being replaced by Kate Bishop, Captain America is being replaced by Bucky and Falcon, Iron Man and Black Widow are dead, and Hulk never gets a solo movie anyway because Universal.

The MCU will continue for years; but the Original 6 Avengers have been and are still being removed from the board.
The original Avengers cast are being removed from the board because they are all been involved in this for a decade and want to move on.

Chris Hemsworth is in a different place though. He's not like Scarlet Jo who wants to move on movies that are going to win her awards and is giving Marvel one last movie, he doesn't want to direct like Chris Evans and while not bad or anything his career prospects aren't as strong as RDJ.

On the flip side it actually looks like the Thor franchise is only just beginning to pop. I'm sure there is an aspect of this of lining up a potential successor should he ever want to leave but right now Hemsworth wants to stay and I don't think anyone is eager to ditch him. All this and he may still be in Guardians vol 3.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 07:45 PM   #50
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER Director Makes It Clear That Jane Foster Is "Mighty Thor" Not "Female Thor"

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/thor/...e-thor-a169673
Old 07-22-2019, 08:53 PM   #51
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
The original Avengers cast are being removed from the board because they are all been involved in this for a decade and want to move on.

Chris Hemsworth is in a different place though. He's not like Scarlet Jo who wants to move on movies that are going to win her awards and is giving Marvel one last movie, he doesn't want to direct like Chris Evans and while not bad or anything his career prospects aren't as strong as RDJ.

On the flip side it actually looks like the Thor franchise is only just beginning to pop. I'm sure there is an aspect of this of lining up a potential successor should he ever want to leave but right now Hemsworth wants to stay and I don't think anyone is eager to ditch him. All this and he may still be in Guardians vol 3.
I applaud your optimism, but I can't help but see things in a grimmer light.
Old 07-23-2019, 06:00 AM   #52
Vegita-San
Emperor

same

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 08:05 AM   #53
CyberCubed
Overlord

The future is forever female.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 09:06 AM   #54
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The future is ferrets.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 09:23 PM   #55
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I just remembered.... Female Thor is built, Jane is a regular human. So is Nat gonna hit the gym or will they get a body double for the Thor scenes? I mean it's a bit different using CGI to make Evans looks scrawny for a bit than it is to make Jane look buff for most of the movie.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 09:50 PM   #56
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
same

Of Course Vegita would post an Angry Neckbeard youtube video.

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 07-23-2019 at 10:33 PM.
Autbot_Benz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 11:39 PM   #57
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Lesbian female?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 03:49 AM   #58
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I just remembered.... Female Thor is built, Jane is a regular human. So is Nat gonna hit the gym or will they get a body double for the Thor scenes? I mean it's a bit different using CGI to make Evans looks scrawny for a bit than it is to make Jane look buff for most of the movie.
Not too drastic musclewise, gonna still be curvy like Black Widow & Capn Marvel.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 08:33 AM   #59
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Here's When Natalie Portman Agreed To Play The Mighty Thor In THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/thor/...hunder-a169678

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 08:35 AM   #60
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
same

We get it, MARVEL only caters to SJWs. Yet nothing has come out about THIS FILM that screams I'M A WOMAN AND MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOU.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vegita-san hates women