The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-04-2019, 01:33 PM   #1
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

Outside human race/species romance in fiction!

Valentine's month is here.

Ever noticed there's alot of outside species/outside human race romance in general fiction these days? i mean like Legend of Zelda games (Ruto and Link being an elf and a fish woman), Doctor Who (Vastra and Jenny), Regular Show (Margaret's parents being a bird furry woman and a human male to Skips and Mona), Wolf Children (Hana and her wolf-man husband whom are the parents of the title hybrid kids in that anime movie), Bojack Horseman ( furries with different ones even a human male married to a deer furry woman and they have a family), Voltron Legendary Defender (Hunk and Shay), Hellboy (Elf X fish person with a creature-man and a sorceress), Hatton Slayden's amazing artworks of human males/elf males with furry/xeno/mutant/cyborg females, Mass Effect, Star Wars, Skyrim, Warcraft the movie (elf X orc and even a human man married to an orc female and conceived a hybrid) etc.?

I mean xenos, furries, mutants and cyborgs in stories are people who are and look different and do you not mind outside species/race of being romance in stories especially humans with furries, xenos, mutants and cyborgs? none of it's "beastality" because that's only for lower 4 legged animal creatures because 4 legged feral animal creatures don't want to make love to humans or humanoids in general because they can't give consent for romance. As furries, xenos, mutants and cyborgs are people who are and look different as they are not always "inferior" like in some stories and can give consent as they can even conceive children with any race/species of being as they have language, cultures and all. There's nothing wrong with love between two consenting adult beings and love between two teens.

In the past they were rare like Star Trek (xenos with different ones even with androids and humans), Murray and Polly in the 80s Mighty Mouse series (pictured here) Gargoyles (Eliza and Goliath to Demona and Macbeth), Blade Runner, Armitage III, Catherine/Vincent in the 80s Ron Perlman starring Beauty and the Beast series (remember that one?), Biker Mice (Vinny and Charlene),Splash, Alien Nation (Cathy and Matt) (Remember that show and movie series?), Hepzibah and Corsair in Marvel comics (even other Marvel interspecies romances like Howard and Beverly to Lilandra being a bird xeno with a mutant lover named Xavier to Carly and Beast on X-Men TAS). Yet nowadays we accept these romances in sci-fi/fantasy mainstream shows/games, animated shows, books, movies and all that outside internet fanfiction and artworks. Like for example i'm writing a story series whereJulie Bruin from tiny toons is romancing a human male as in later chapters they will get married and have hybrid kids as both Minerva and the human dude are consenting adult beings.

I see these relationships in stories as allegories to mixed ethnic romance (despite for when there is human involved in furry/xeno/mutant/cyborg relationships there is technically some humans with different skin colors/ethnicity romancing xeno furry mutant and cyborg ladies) and same gender romance even liking someone of a different culture and all that. The idea in these stories is overcoming differences of surface and learning to accept those who are different by their surface and not to judge anyone by how they look but accept them by their personality and special skills/abilities.

afterall love is love. Like Prince Lir in The Last Unicorn (book and movie) once said when he found out about Lady Amalthea's secret he did said "Unicorn, mermaid, sorceress, gorgon, vampire, gargoyle, genie...no name you can give her would surprise or frighten me, i love whom i love", and that is one of my favorite quotes.

Last edited by Egon1982; 02-24-2020 at 01:50 AM.
Egon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 02:58 PM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

You forgot Superman.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 03:04 PM   #3
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I hate inter-species romance.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 03:05 PM   #4
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I hate inter-species romance.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 03:16 PM   #5
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Humans are willing to bone anything, and our Fantasy and Sci-Fi reflects that.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 03:28 PM   #6
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Don't forget one of the newest entries, the human/fish-man pairing in "The Shape of Water"... (And he doesn't even appear to have quite the same level of intelligence and can't speak so I guess he never really quite consents, she just goes for it, so wtf, woman.)

Humans have a long, looong history of this stuff. I mean, look at some of the stuff that goes on in various mythologies around the world. All this is simply the modern continuation of the weird interests of humankind.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 03:31 PM   #7
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Humans are willing to bone anything, and our Fantasy and Sci-Fi reflects that.
And this isn't just exclusive to humans having affairs with furries, xenos, cyborgs and mutants but there's different beings like Elves with other xenos, elf X gargoyle, gargoyle X mutant, xeno x furry, cyborg X xeno and more.
Old 02-04-2019, 05:57 PM   #8
Allio
Foot Elite

Some
canon

Red Riding Hood/Big Bad Wolf
Ray/Jenny from Ghostbusters

NobuharuxCandy from Kyoryuger

Noncanon:
RobinxChopper
Cerise Hood (half Wolf) x Kitty Cheshire (Cheshire Cat)
LeomonxMimi
MayxBlaziken
Raven Queen x Faybelle Thorn (Fairy)
ZaryaxPiper(elf)
Old 02-04-2019, 07:45 PM   #9
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Don't forget one of the newest entries, the human/fish-man pairing in "The Shape of Water"... (And he doesn't even appear to have quite the same level of intelligence and can't speak so I guess he never really quite consents, she just goes for it, so wtf, woman.)

Humans have a long, looong history of this stuff. I mean, look at some of the stuff that goes on in various mythologies around the world. All this is simply the modern continuation of the weird interests of humankind.

No, he definitely does. He is not only intelligent, but communicates with her via sign language, owing mainly to language barriers and the fact that she is mute. But he not only consents but even initiates/encourages her affection and attention. Just watched it a couple of weeks ago. The merdude was smart enough to learn sign language in just weeks, and enjoyed music, even dancing with her at one point.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 02:09 PM   #10
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Eh.. but then he still gets to her (or was it her friend's?) house and is running around on the floor chasing the cat, and eventually kills and eats it, so... Not saying there isn't any intelligence there, but it kind of disappointed me some as I really expected a greater intelligence to end up being revealed by that point in the film. At least enough to have a full sign language-based conversation and not be interested in eating the pets. I liked the film okay, but was kind of lacking to me in his character development (and relationship development).

But if people can be deal with her and the fish man, then hell... makes a mutant Turtle and human hitting it off look pretty manageable someday. lol Those boys are a heck of a lot more human.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 02-05-2019 at 02:14 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:56 PM   #11
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Ah yes, the cat. That was meant to simply show how he didn't really know anything about human culture, having pets, or tabboos. In other words, basic "civilized" customs, since he was from a WHOLE different world, as it were. I mean, he came from the Amazon reagion, for one, and lived in the sea. No cats there, so he probably just thought it was food. He apologized after the old guy explained about not eating pets. So, yeah, he was plenty intelligent.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 06:14 AM   #12
Allio
Foot Elite

really enjoyed the movie and I think the best part of the film is you don't really know if the beast actually liked her. I mean with the whole "dream-like" world and the fantatsies the woman has and the interpretation of the words that are at the end of the film, an argument can be made that he is simply an animal.
Old 02-08-2019, 02:35 AM   #13
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Eh.. but then he still gets to her (or was it her friend's?) house and is running around on the floor chasing the cat, and eventually kills and eats it, so... Not saying there isn't any intelligence there, but it kind of disappointed me some as I really expected a greater intelligence to end up being revealed by that point in the film. At least enough to have a full sign language-based conversation and not be interested in eating the pets. I liked the film okay, but was kind of lacking to me in his character development (and relationship development).

But if people can be deal with her and the fish man, then hell... makes a mutant Turtle and human hitting it off look pretty manageable someday. lol Those boys are a heck of a lot more human.
Do you think Vincent in the Beauty and the Beast series, Polly in the New Mighty Mouse episodes, the Mass Effect xenos, Minerva Mink, any of the xeno and furry women in Hatton Slayden's artworks, Vastra on Doctor Who, the Wolf-Man (aka Hana's lover and who is the father of the title kids) in Wolf Children (ever seen that 2012 Japanese animated fantasy drama?), Goliath, Demona, Abe Sapien, Ruto etc. are way more intelligent than the creature in Shape as they actually speak and all?
Old 02-16-2019, 11:25 PM   #14
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

Anyone seen Wolf Children?
Old 02-17-2019, 03:08 PM   #15
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Am I in the wrong if I prefer the elf mage Rinna from Shining Resonance over any human female in the game? lol
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 02:18 AM   #16
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
Am I in the wrong if I prefer the elf mage Rinna from Shining Resonance over any human female in the game? lol
Nothing wrong with that especially since xenos can refer to magical creature folk or extra-terrestrials or liking a furry lady or mutant lady or cyborg.

Let's not forget Link and Ruto an elf and fish person.
Old 02-19-2019, 03:23 AM   #17
Leo656
The Franchise

I like that the thread title has an exclamation point. It ascribes the topic a certain urgency. I enjoy that.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 12:45 AM   #18
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

Hell in the old TMNT, a interdimensional elf girl Kala had a brief relationship with Mikey.

Do you see these relationships in stories as allegories to real life romances of mixed ethnic romance (despite for when there are humans involved in furry/xeno/mutant/cyborg relationships there is technically some humans with different skin colors/ethnicity romancing xeno furry mutant and cyborg folk) and same gender romance even liking someone of a different culture and all tha? The idea in these stories is overcoming differences of surface and learning to accept those who are different by their surface and not to judge anyone by how they look but accept them by their personality and special skills/abilities

And for anyone who seen or read the book/movie of The Last Unicorn, do you know what Prince lir means by his quote when he found out Lady Amalthea's secret?
Old 02-06-2020, 12:52 AM   #19
Leo656
The Franchise

Well, sure, in the sense of, "It's taboo but who're they really hurting?" Pretty sure that the allegory is always inherently the point, or at least part of the point.

Like as a kid watching Rescue Rangers, I was (and remain) convinced that they were all running a daily train on Gadget and never even thought about the fact that she was a mouse and Chip and Dale were chipmunks until someone pointed it out years later.

...Boy, part of me wishes I hadn't told anyone that.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 02:05 AM   #20
TommyT
Banned

Some animals have more than one sex organ... I’m sure a lot of women would be thrilled. Happens in primates too, but whatever you do, don’t google diphallia.

Personally fur or scales are a turn off, but I’m betting there are quite a free here that would be down for Turtle D.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote