The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-29-2018, 08:31 PM   #1561
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Do you mean original treatment for episodes 7-9 as if the were supposed to be back in the 80-s, or episodes 7-9 as if they were supposed to be now?
Probably the latter...whichever outlines Kennedy and co. allegedly ignored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:42 PM   #1562
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
I remember it being pretty "big news" when a superfan made an edit of this movie.

http://www.dorkly.com/post/85800/sta...-edit-no-women
ah yes the Vegita-San Edit
Old 03-30-2018, 12:37 AM   #1563
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
What people forget is that Disney literally mandated Lucas to write outlines for 7-9 before they would agree to buy Star Wars from him. They did. So he did. And then they didn't use them, as was their right, of course. But they exist. Original writer Michael Arndt wrote a draft of 7 off of Lucas' notes for 7 and it never got filmed when Kathleen Kennedy and her Disney minders determined the outlines for 7-9 were "too much like the prequels" (i.e., not exactly like the original trilogy). Look it up. It's there.

I've seen so much, "Hah! POOOOOR George Lucas! They didn't use your stories, you loser! HAHAHA! What did you expect!!! Screw you for special editions!!! How does it feel now, after doing the Greedo scene wrong like that???" kind of stuff. But they don't have a clue the truth of the matter. He was only doing what was LEGALLY asked of him to complete the deal. He didn't even write a script. And now we have not one but two shi**y ST movies.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 04-01-2018 at 03:28 AM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 12:20 AM   #1564
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Now that time has passed I feel like more and more people are open about not liking The Last Jedi and the Star Wars defense force seems to be dying down.

Not only that but I'm starting to see more people talk about how they're getting tired of so much Star Wars and that the sequel trilogy did not go the correct route.

Han Solo won't help the situation, I hope Star Wars fatigue comes sooner rather than later so Disney can salvage what they can and steer the ship another direction. It's too late for Ep. IX but maybe future projects after that can be affected positively.

I also don't remember where I read but in Lucas' version Luke was going to die until Ep. IX, the end of the "Skywalker" legacy.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 02:00 AM   #1565
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post

I also don't remember where I read but in Lucas' version Luke was going to die until Ep. IX, the end of the "Skywalker" legacy.
I would have preferred that, give him chance to do more before he died....plus I'd feel better about the 3rd movie not being without all 3 of them, being as I thought it was a closing of their story as well as obviously the new characters. (course the Leia situation couldn't be helped)
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 02:11 AM   #1566
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I wouldn't have even cared if they killed off Luke in Episode 7 as long as it had pathos and was a satisfying end in itself.* His death in 7 might have even helped jumpstart stuff if it was sold well.

*Note: This would, of course, require him actually being in the movie more than 20 seconds.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 04-01-2018 at 03:26 AM.
Old 04-01-2018, 02:19 AM   #1567
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I wouldn't have even cared if they killed off Luke in Episode 7 as long as it had pathos and was a satisfying end in itself.*

*Note: This would, of course, require him actually being in the movie more than 20 seconds.
Well at least they didn't have him fall of the cliff and end there.

Mark didn't know for some time that he was only going to get that short scene at the end, after he'd been working hard on the weight loss.(not sure at what point he knew) I guess they didn't want to take away his motivation? or did they not know very early on that they only wanted to put him in at the end?

Last edited by newfan; 04-01-2018 at 02:29 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 03:25 AM   #1568
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I'm not sure what he knew. Probably not much, but was probably sold promises of "We don't know what it will be yet, but this is the big lead-in to 8, where you'll be featured heavily! This is Han's moment to shine!"

So I was baited (successfully) into clicking on one of these click-bait Last Jedi things. But it actually brought up a good point. Why would Holdo -- or anyone of sound mind -- need to go down with the ship when probably any one of a hundred droids aboard could fulfill the very menial task of "pulling the lever"?
Old 04-02-2018, 08:19 AM   #1569
Vegita-San
Emperor

Supposedly this 'sold out' on amazon.com in physical media copies.

drones out in force buying copies?

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 01:23 PM   #1570
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post

LOL, what the hell? Are you seriously in some sort of conspiracy theory that a incredibly popular movie and one of the best selling movies of 2017 and early 2018 wouldn't be sold out on blu-ray when it was just recently released? Why on earth would a Star Wars movie not sell out on blu-ray?

This is just sad at this point. What kind of person comes up with conspiracy theories that "drones" (whatever that means?) would be buying out a Star Wars movie on blu-ray and that's why it's selling? And not because you know...it's a Star Wars movie and fans who liked it are buying it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 01:49 PM   #1571
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:

OMG shut the **** up you worthless sad troll

Old 04-02-2018, 09:56 PM   #1572
raph27
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Who would be funding these drones? Disney? You really think Disney is going to spend the money to buy up all the copies of their movie just to what, fuel perception that people liked this movie?

How much of it's box office gross was actually seats bought by robots in trenchcoats, in your opinion?
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 10:12 PM   #1573
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Rian Johnson Says 90 Percent of THE LAST JEDI Feedback He Receives is POSITIVE
http://comicbook.com/starwars/2018/0...tive-comments/

“There were death threats. It’s balanced by a few things — 90 percent of the stuff I got online was not only lovely and encouraging but phenomenally thoughtful," Johnson shared with the Standard. "Fans would send me essays on the movie. The other 10 percent is just loud and gets amplified. At first I was freaked out but then I realized the things people were angry about are the things I’m most proud about.”

While one interpretation of this anecdote is that a majority of fans enjoyed the film, this only accounts for the people directly addressing him and his film. It's entirely possible that there are thousands more comments lambasting the film without the filmmaker being brought in on the conversation.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 01:27 AM   #1574
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:

I bought a whole container load. I had to sell my car, and I'll be eating instant noodles for a few months, but it was worth it to give the impression that Star Wars is popular, just to annoy cranks on the internet.

Now if you'll excuse me, my noodles are ready.
Old 04-03-2018, 02:27 AM   #1575
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
I've read that JJ and Johnson kind of based TFA and TLJ on some of the Lucas ideas. Not that they have used his draft word for word, just some general ideas, like Luke having female disciple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
It was the plan for the original Sequel Trilogy back in the 80s.
Also, from that drafts - Luke should've trained Leia as Jedi.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 07:34 AM   #1576
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
I bought a whole container load. I had to sell my car, and I'll be eating instant noodles for a few months, but it was worth it to give the impression that Star Wars is popular, just to annoy cranks on the internet.
ah yes. the old, i don't like your opinion, so lets insult you reply.

file that away with cubes 'what the hell yo u talkin about' response.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 09:42 AM   #1577
CyberCubed
Overlord

Everyone is disagreeing with you, Vegita-san, because you're essentially trolling. You're making a bizarre post that a movie as popular as Star Wars can't be sold out on blu-ray without "Disney sending drones" to buy it instead of people who liked the movie. Do you even realize how absurd and ridiculous you sound?

I honestly find it funny Vegita-san plays the victim when everyone in a thread calls him out on his trolling.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:02 AM   #1578
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I've read that JJ and Johnson kind of based TFA and TLJ on some of the Lucas ideas. Not that they have used his draft word for word, just some general ideas, like Luke having female disciple.
Yeah, there's some concept art floating out there for the Arndt draft (which was going directly off Lucas' notes) of 7 that shows Luke in a similar place as in the JJ 7 and TLJ, being a hermit on a world in, like, a micro Jedi temple. With a female disciple, yes.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:13 AM   #1579
sdp
Megan Fox = April

90% of the fans love the movie & Disney is buying the BRs from Amazon are both so stupid. It's a divisive film, 50/50 give or take, there isn't ageneral consensus for the most part yet besides that you may or may not like it.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 11:18 AM   #1580
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I'm just thinking about the 10% of folks who send Johnson death threats.
Imagine being so ... sensitive that when someone makes something you don't like, you threaten them with bodily harm.

It's really sad.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
notmyskywalker, star wars, subvert expectations, the last sjw