The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 10-19-2019, 03:27 PM   #3421
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Thanks everyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Yeah, congrats, Krutch! You deserve it! (Is it the same one I read? If so, that would be awesome!)
Uhh... yes and no. Yes, it's that script - but it's since had a page one rewrite, so... Same premise though. But drastically different from the draft you read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Wasn't "Stairway To Heaven" the Crow TV show where the pilot was like a Community Theater version of the first movie? And Top Dollar turned into a snake at the end?

That was some sh*t, man.
I remember seeing it once so, so long ago... I've tried to block it out haha
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 03:48 PM   #3422
Leo656
The Franchise

Had to work a Fall Festival/street fair in my old hometown to do some advertising for the gym. Ran into a couple of high school buddies, then as I was leaving I ran into Damien Darling, one of the guys who helped me out when I was breaking into wrestling. Haven't seen him in a few years so that was sweet. We got that selfie gimmick. I usually disdain that kinda thing but every rule has an exception.

He's like practically kissin' buddies with Hall and Nash in real life, so I really ought'a get together with him more often.

So yeah, so far so good today.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 01:23 AM   #3423
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

This didn't happen today but it still has me smiling days later. 10/17/19 my niece was born! Six pounds and nine ounces. My older sister is a first time mother. Her due date was the 26th but she was a bit early. My sister went home on Sunday. My niece is adorable!

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 01:27 AM   #3424
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Finished Mad Men. And while I'm unhappy about not having more of it to watch, that was an awesome run.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 06:15 PM   #3425
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Saw on A.C. Moore's website that they have those carvable fake pupkins on clearance now. I figured mine won't have them; either never did or long gone, but figured it wouldn't hurt to run over and take a look. (Already looked a couple other places but no luck. At least not for any of the larger ones.) And for once it was actually worth going, they had some still. $11.99 and $8.99 from the original $40 and $30. (Why are those darn things so expensive?? I don't remember them always costing quite that much.)

Seems all their Halloween stuff is now clearance already and making room for Christmas. Got a couple other things I'd been eyeing as well.

10/25 -- Ebay order from China only taking 15 days.

A few fossil pendants as gifts but glad I got myself one too as I figured I'd regret not doing so.

10/31 -- Happy Halloween!

Kind of a wash out on the east side, esp in the north end... but the weather has pulled in some really odd warm, muggy weather.

Stepped outside with a light jacket on as usual, needing to run to a store right quick, and was sort of in shock how much warmer it was compared to in the house. o.O

Wish it could last, so rare we actually get a warmer Halloween. Hoping the colder temps behind it don't come in until late.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-31-2019 at 02:48 PM.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 05:20 PM   #3426
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Making me happy- we just had our first trick-or-treaters of the evening about a half hour ago, and there were 8 of them! That's probably the most we've ever had at one time. I dressed up at work today, too, (Gamora from GotG!) so today has been pretty fun and festive so far. Got my decorating all done over the weekend, so the patio looks spookily awesome! Now I'm just hoping we get some more kids before it gets cold again tonight. (Was in the high 20's last night- Brrr!!)

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 06:03 PM   #3427
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Finally got hold of that 8" plush Half Shell Heroes Donnie.

Have had a Mikey and Raph put away for my nephew for quite a while, and I have a Leo, but when I got them there was no Donnie, else I would have gotten my nephew a full set of his own. Finally just nabbed him a Donnie and Leo at a decent price.

11/13 -- Woohoo! The picture card I ordered -- hoping that it would be the needed 'fix' for my camera that 'died' on my on Halloween and lost access to all the photos on it -- came today and it did the trick!

Last edited by IndigoErth; 11-13-2019 at 10:11 AM.
Old 11-17-2019, 06:45 AM   #3428
newfan
Mad Scientist

Attended my first Comic con and had a photo with Sean Astin
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 04:21 PM   #3429
Icebot
Foot Elite

Getting invited to see my family that I haven’t seen in a year on Thanksgiving.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 04:12 PM   #3430
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Today I got a belated, and unexpected birthday gift from a regular customer of mine- who is also my next door neighbor's daughter- a 50$ gift card for Wal-Mart! Wow. It was really sweet of her to do that, or even just to think of me like that at all. One of my other regulars gifted me with some brand new work shoes, which was also really nice.

Old 12-04-2019, 05:50 PM   #3431
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

You must be amazing with customers, as I've never heard of this happening to anyone else.

Stopped by our A.C. Moore (chain craft store on the east coast) looking for a few things. Figured I aught to grab them now before they're gone, what with the liquidation already starting. ( Always loved that store. This is as sad as when Borders closed up. ) The happy maker though is that I took at peek at what kid books they had left and came home with the very last TMNT (2012) book in the place. Little bit of wear on it, but with the sale price I'm happy to give it a home.
Old 12-05-2019, 10:56 AM   #3432
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Well, I have been told by several customers that I'm one of the main reasons they keep coming back. I try to help them any way I can, and keep them happy even when something is wrong with the order, (or even if some of them can be a bit rude or obnoxious) so I guess I have earned some appreciation from some of them. But I do enjoy the times when I am able to make someone's day, whether it's handing out an extra drink that got canceled, or just making them laugh.

Old 12-05-2019, 05:03 PM   #3433
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Mom and I stopped back in that craft store again, after dropping my Jeep off at the shop for its appointment tomorrow, and apparently a few of our neighbors had decided to go there too. Including one we were introduced to who has lived around the bend for many years but we never really met before. Equally as chatty as my mother, so they're a good fit.

12/6 -- Talked to the auto shop, have a small list of things to fix. One is an oil pan leak which was fixed by them last year and is still within their two year warranty so that will not cost me anything. Definitely happy with that since that is a bit pricey!

Also glad that the breaks look good so a vibration I've felt may not be coming from there and not a safety issue I was worried about. It might be coming from something else they're going to fix. So I'll be super glad if that was the cause and it's taken care of. This issue has been hard to diagnose because it only happens now and then, so naturally they can't get it to happen for them when they test drive it.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 12-06-2019 at 10:12 AM.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:28 PM   #3434
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

So, last night, hubby decided to give me one of my gifts "early" as a a late birthday gift instead. It was a Tribble! One of the ones that purrs, shakes, and chirps/chitters, too, which was fun to discover. The cats didn't know what to make of it, lol! Sadly, it seems the batteries that came in it were nearly dead, as I was only able to get it to make sounds a few times before it just "died". Hubby made a joke about it, saying it got into the poisoned grain. 😜 (Trek fans will get the reference....)

My other happy-maker was that after nearly a week and a half, I was FINALLY able ro get back onto my RuneScape account, which had been down on the mobile app version for seberal days. It was nice to actually be able to play again, and to join in with my game clan for events again.

Old 12-12-2019, 03:21 PM   #3435
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Had always kind of wanted one of those Hallmark Polar Express bell ornaments and finally got one today.

Have looked at them now and then on eBay over the years, but even there they're generally pricey. Given that I work for the company, I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask if people who do the particular job I do might actually get an employee discount there in the Hallmark shops and was totally worth asking because not only do we get it, but it was 40%. NICE. Really did not expect that much, if anything, and certainly not on the Keepsake ornaments, so that was awesome.

Bonus happy maker, I also grabbed an adorable goldfish ornament, the last on its hook. I definitely have a growing collection of fish ornaments...

And look forward to getting the special employee only Keepsake one we are given this year.
Old 12-21-2019, 10:30 AM   #3436
Storm Eagle
Saved by

I found out that a friend sent me some stuff through See's Candies and they're coming to me on Monday.

I saw a text on my phone this morning with a UPS tracking number, since I have a UPS account set up to record tracking numbers connected to shipments that involve my address. I got a little worried since I know I didn't order anything from them. So I had to call them and give them the tracking number so they could bring up the order details. They gave me the name of the person who made the order, and I was relieved to recognize the name. So she's awesome.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 11:01 AM   #3437
IMJ
Emperor

There was a thread on another forum about bananas that was pretty damn funny today. That was a win.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 11:21 AM   #3438
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Feeling the 'holiday blues' for the last few weeks. Got out of the house for a few hours and came across a donation based Book shop, and walked out with 3 'new' books
Old 12-21-2019, 11:57 AM   #3439
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Holiday parties. First the one at work, and now we have my family's gathering tomorrow. Mom won't be there, because my Scrooge of a stepdud decided they were going to go camping this weekend (despite KNOWING this gathering was planned for this weekend since Thanksgiving) but at least the rest of his family will be there, and my grandma and her husband (on mom's side) will probably be there as well.

Old 12-22-2019, 02:33 AM   #3440
Leo656
The Franchise

I actually don't mind Christmas shopping too much, so that was kinda fun. Got some great deals at the mall, the flea market, and the comic book store. It's been a lousy year so I decided to spoil myself a little bit and pick up some things for myself that I know nobody got me. Christmas should be pretty good if certain people can keep themselves from flipping out.

Also, the Chinese food place at the mall is super generous with the portions. That was awesome.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote