The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 11-20-2019, 07:53 PM   #21
Leo656
The Franchise

Well, when a person has the opportunity to say, "I think it's safer in NJ" for any reason whatsoever... probably time to think about relocating, skip.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:59 PM   #22
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Yeah. Probably a good idea to scram if they have McRoofies on the dollar menu and you're a hot piece of ass.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:11 PM   #23
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

I felt like I was living in the future. No more cashiers and now robots or machines take your order. I couldn’t believe the giant kiosk touch screens they had with every food item on the menu and you just select what you want. God it’s like The Jetsons or Futurama.
You know, I have to agree with you there Cubed. I can kinda envision my 80's child self being completely blown away by seeing those 'futuristic giant screens' where you literally touch and choose your food.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 10:14 PM   #24
Leo656
The Franchise

I'm personally furious that I don't get to dictate my food order directly to the floating on-screen head of either Michael Jackson or Ronald Reagan. We still have a long way to go.

Old 11-20-2019, 10:54 PM   #25
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

To prove my point... merely Google "des moines wa mcdonalds shooting" and you'll see multiple examples. I work right next to it.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 02:40 AM   #26
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Looks like a perfectly fine McDonald's to me.
Old 11-22-2019, 11:00 AM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

I remember as a kid being so excited to see what toy they gave away with each happy meal order every month. Some months were Ninja Turtles, others were Batman, others Mario or Pokémon toys, etc.

God I miss the days of going into Mcdondalds and getting a happy meal toy and playing with a cheaply made Ninja Turtle or Batman toy from the kids meal. I remember they always had toys based on whatever popular movie was out at the time too.

God why can’t it be 1992 again. There was something magical about McDonald’s back then, it wasn’t just a place to eat but you would jump in the giant ball pit or climb those damn maze like tubes you could never find your way out of.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 12:31 PM   #28
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Not to mention back then it was a new one each week, not just random like it is now, so you could actually try to collect all of them.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 12:41 PM   #29
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
I remember as a kid being so excited to see what toy they gave away with each happy meal order every month. Some months were Ninja Turtles, others were Batman, others Mario or Pokémon toys, etc.

God I miss the days of going into Mcdondalds and getting a happy meal toy and playing with a cheaply made Ninja Turtle or Batman toy from the kids meal. I remember they always had toys based on whatever popular movie was out at the time too.

God why can’t it be 1992 again. There was something magical about McDonald’s back then, it wasn’t just a place to eat but you would jump in the giant ball pit or climb those damn maze like tubes you could never find your way out of.
No! Never!

1992 looks great in retrospect but who wants to go back to being forced to sit still in a classroom all day with no agency or freedom to just walk up and go to the bathroom? To once again lose the freedom that a car allows or to go back to eating only what is made available to you by your parents??

Being a kid isn't all it's cracked up to be.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:52 PM   #30
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:

Oh, it still is in some areas. The one I work at still has the playland, the real cashiers, and all the rest. Of course, a lot of these new innovations are only being done in test markets, particularly in high-density population areas. With Burger King on the downslide, they figure they have the burger market mostly cornered now. But in some ways, technology can't replace a real person, since kiosks can break down, cup chip readers (? This is the first I've even HEARD of these, and I WORK for the company!) can malfuntion or give false readings or whatever, and a major part of the point of fast food is service. It's not really serving your customers if they have to do everything themselves! So, I guess, just don't believe every story about how this is the future of the company, or fast food in general, because a lot of it is inflated or is flat out wrong. Some test markets have tried these new ideas, to be sure, but that doesn't mean the company thinks they will work in all areas, or that such things will even be permanent if they get bad reactions from customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Not to mention back then it was a new one each week, not just random like it is now, so you could actually try to collect all of them.

They still do. Most of the last five or six months worth of toys have been things like Secret Life of Pets, Hot Wheels, Barbie, Pokemon, or currently, Frozen 2. And that is just the last few months. We had a HUGE set to collect for Endgame- 24 toys! There are still sets to collect, and now they even come with scan codes to use for interactive play using their kids app. The toys have actually kind of evolved in a way.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:55 PM   #31
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
There was something magical about McDonald’s back then, it wasn’t just a place to eat but you would jump in the giant ball pit or climb those damn maze like tubes you could never find your way out of.
Right? This is what I'm talking about. My daughter is the age I was when I enjoyed that stuff, but it simply doesn't exist anymore.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:59 PM   #32
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Don't be so sure. Many of them DO still have these things. One of themain reasons that some have ditched the playlands, is insurance cost and maintenance costs. Insurance especially has caused a few to close or remove them. It's just not cost effective for some franchise owners to keep them going when they could renovate and use the space to serve more customers.

Old 12-03-2019, 08:41 PM   #33
Leo656
The Franchise

Plus those ball pits are generally infested with urine. "JUST" urine if you're lucky.

I kid, but I know a lot of parents who won't let their kids do stuff like that anymore because it's not hygenic. Everyone is such a germaphobe nowadays, I can see a general lack of use and interest being a factor as well. It's a lot of maintenance and money for something like that, and if it's just gonna sit there, then yeah.

Old 12-06-2019, 12:31 PM   #34
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Ours doesn't have a ball pit, but it is used every day. Sometimes heavily. But yeah, sanitation issues can certainly be a factor, especially when very young kids are involved. Like little excited puppies, sometimes they just- can't contain themselves....

Old 12-24-2019, 11:57 AM   #35
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I forgot about the burger seats!

https://www.throwbacks.com/mcdonalds...and-heres-why/
Old 12-24-2019, 12:04 PM   #36
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I miss Grimace, Birdie, and Hamburgler. Today's McDonald's are MTO and Starbucks wannabe.
Old 12-24-2019, 12:10 PM   #37
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I miss Grimace, Birdie, and Hamburgler.
They brought back the Hamburglar 4 years ago:
https://www.businessinsider.com/mcdo...burglar-2015-5
Old 12-24-2019, 01:20 PM   #38
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
They brought back the Hamburglar 4 years ago:
https://www.businessinsider.com/mcdo...burglar-2015-5
Yes, I remember the ad in the Spring/Summer of 2015 I was thinking it would go beyond a one off and be a part of a revamp of the characters.