The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-07-2008, 06:13 PM   #81
cowabunga14
Lover of Weird Things

Watched Ghoulies II the other night and it was pretty cheesy. I think I decided to watch because I'm kinda preparing to endure the suckiness that is Troll 2 later this month.

How can something so beautiful shine on something so dreadful?
cowabunga14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 06:26 AM   #82
Swany
Stone Warrior

I saw I am Legend about a week ago. Cried twice and jumped/spazmed once.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:08 AM   #83
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

I saw Juno last night. It was good, I liked it. The characters in it were hilarious.
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:29 PM   #84
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

I saw Shoot 'em up. It was just what I expected, high action and very funny. It reminded me a lot of Crank, although I actually liked Crank better.

I also watched Balls of Fury. It was awful. It wasn't funny and it was just boring. Looking back I don't know why I wasted my time on this movie.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:17 PM   #85
Brodie
Certified Teacher

I just watched two movies that were difficult to watch.

The first was D-War, because I knew it would lead to MST3k styled commentary. So I rented it...And the commentary stopped an hour or so in, just because the movie was so damned terrible.

The second was The Kingdom. Superb effin' flick.... Just so difficult to watch. I've seen a lot of disturbing movies, sure. But that was for shock value. This movie was shocking, and disturbing, but terribly realistic. Had some of the most tense moments I've ever sat through in a movie. If you get the chance to watch it, do it.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:45 AM   #86
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
The second was The Kingdom. Superb effin' flick.... Just so difficult to watch. I've seen a lot of disturbing movies, sure. But that was for shock value. This movie was shocking, and disturbing, but terribly realistic. Had some of the most tense moments I've ever sat through in a movie. If you get the chance to watch it, do it.
Oh, man. I know what you mean.

Spoiler:
Like the part where they're trying to pull Jason Bateman out of the van after it flipped over. I was holding my breath.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:19 PM   #87
cowabunga14
Lover of Weird Things

Last night, I watched a little B movie called The Brain Eaters. It was alright and it didn't drag on for too long.

Later in the evening, I watched Undead. For a modern zombie movie, it was great and the Australian humor reminded me a lot of Dead Alive.

Old 01-12-2008, 01:52 PM   #88
raphael_is_cool
Mad Scientist

Watched Hard Boiled the other day. Got to love the cheesy dialogue, horrible dubbing and over the top violence. Very enjoyable.
raphael_is_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 08:26 PM   #89
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

So I saw one of the scariest movies in a long time. Probably since The Descent. The Orphanage was creeeeeeepy, mang. It does well at building suspense and doesn't use cheap "boo!" tricks and whatnot. Very well done, I recommend it for those that don't mind subtitles.

Then, we decided to sneak into any movie we can afterwards so we saw One Missed Call because it was starting. Man, that movie was so hilariously bad. They perform a ****ing exorcism on a phone! LOFL.

Then today I saw The Bucket List with my mother. It was an OK movie. Not bad, not great.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:29 AM   #90
Mecha Cow
Gorgeous and modest too

Quote:
Then, we decided to sneak into any movie we can afterwards
You rascal, you.

Last movie I saw was About a Boy. Don't judge me, I have to read the book for school...and well, I don't want to read it.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:35 AM   #91
Barkworm
Super Moderator

The book is actually a pretty enjoyable read, I had to read it for college once.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:56 PM   #92
Mecha Cow
Gorgeous and modest too

Are there any notable differences?

...Because you know, I'm just curious. >_>
Old 01-13-2008, 01:06 PM   #93
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha Cow View Post
Last movie I saw was About a Boy. Don't judge me, I have to read the book for school...and well, I don't want to read it.
So I guess the educational system is the same in other countries as it is here.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 01:08 PM   #94
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior

Bought "Hatchet" on dvd yesterday after I watched it with a friend last week. A great horror flick with some super-cool death scenes.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:11 PM   #95
Brodie
Certified Teacher

About A Boy is entertaining, it's alright. Nick Hornby is pretty good. It's no High Fidelity though.

I saw a slew of movies this week....

Death Sentance- Enjoyable. I'm a closet Bacon fan. Needless to say, he wasn't footloose in this.
3:10 to Yuma- ****ing neat. Slow, and awesome. The kid is an idiot though.
Sunshine- Not terrible, but I expected better from Boyle.
White Noise 2- I may be biased because I hated the first one (the ending anyway), but I deffinately enjoyed this flick more. Maybe its because Mal Reynolds was starring in it.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:12 PM   #96
cowabunga14
Lover of Weird Things

Watched George A. Romero's Night of the Living Dead and it was just as good as the first time I watched it, which was about late 2006. Not much else to say about the movie, but I guess I always get kinda ticked when Duane Jones' character dies. He's the character I cared the most about when I first saw the movie and I guess I didn't expect him to die.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:58 PM   #97
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

I went to the movies with my roomates. They have the worst taste in movies. They'll go to anything that they think "looks" funny or that shoots. They wanted to see First Sunday, because of Katt Williams(I still don't even know who the f*ck he is). One of the worst movies ever. Tracey Morgan is such a god damn fool. I hate myself for watching that. I need to go watch a good dvd to help erase the last 2 hours of sh*tty film.
Mr. Snackpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:55 PM   #98
Ashangelo
Hench Mutant

Saw Juno last night...I don't really think that it lived up to all the hype, but it was still an enjoyable movie.
Ashangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:45 AM   #99
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha Cow View Post
Are there any notable differences?

...Because you know, I'm just curious. >_>
I've never seen the film but I was told that the ending is completely different. Have fun reading, sucker.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:49 PM   #100
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowabunga14 View Post
Watched George A. Romero's Night of the Living Dead and it was just as good as the first time I watched it, which was about late 2006. Not much else to say about the movie, but I guess I always get kinda ticked when Duane Jones' character dies. He's the character I cared the most about when I first saw the movie and I guess I didn't expect him to die.
I watched that again a few months back. I thought the fact that the guy dies in the end of the movie is one of the best parts. The first time I watched it, it came out of nowhere and I wasn't expecting it, but the way they did it was very humorous. That one part makes me think of this whole movie as sort of a dark comedy along with horror, which is a cool part about it.

I just watched the new Halloween movie by Rob Zombie. I'm not huge into the Halloween movies or the slasher genre, but I still thought it was pretty good. The begining when it showed Micheal as a kid was very interesting, but after he escapes and the movie turns into the slasher movie, I didn't really enjoy it much.

Tags
movies