The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-29-2017, 08:21 PM   #121
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I loved it except one thing. The Green Eyed People's entire adult population was in a sleeping coma for a decade. Yet the children remained unaffected and manged themselves from diapers to be healthy and run a village? Major plot hole!
Old 11-29-2017, 09:54 PM   #122
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

I saw it today; I liked it a lot. The references to the original series were very well done.

However, I hope they just leave things where they are. A continued reboot at this point could be too much of a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:36 PM   #123
TMNT_Guy
Stone Warrior

I saw it and I really liked it. I'd definitely like to see a continuation series, but if it dosen't happen I'm satisfied with what we got. Thanks, Nickelodeon. You may have botched things up originally, but good on you for letting this non-toyetic/merchandise driven series get some kind of closure. I'm really looking forward to the Rocko's Modern Life movie next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I loved it except one thing. The Green Eyed People's entire adult population was in a sleeping coma for a decade. Yet the children remained unaffected and manged themselves from diapers to be healthy and run a village? Major plot hole!
I don't think every adult got affected all at once. I think the idea was that it slowly affected the tribe for years to the point only the children remained, though why the children were unaffected is a good point.

Personally, I couldn't help but wonder how Arnold's parents survived for over a decade. Even if the Sleeping slowed down their metabolism I don't think they could survive for years without food. Did the tribe force feed them and cleanup their waste during their slumber? Shouldn't their muscles be too weak from disuse to even allow them to walk? Then again the movie also had Eugene bloat up into a bouncy ball in a matter of seconds from an allergy so maybe I'm thinking about this way more then I should.
Old 12-03-2017, 06:13 AM   #124
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Buzzfeed are claiming Nick have commissioned season six, and it'll be due in 2019

https://www.buzzfeed.com/docibrown96...Jgj#.ls5QLPz6x
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 01:01 AM   #125
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

That's great. Sounds like the rugrats movie could be interesting. Now all we need is Aaahhhh Real Monsters the movie!

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)

Last edited by TheBlueTurtle1; 12-04-2017 at 01:45 AM.
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:19 AM   #126
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Buzzfeed are claiming Nick have commissioned season six, and it'll be due in 2019

https://www.buzzfeed.com/docibrown96...Jgj#.ls5QLPz6x
I'm not so sure...

Quote:
"This post has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone create a post."
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 05:58 AM   #127
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

I really hope it's true, maybe we can get some more solid confirmation.....

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:51 PM   #128
ssjup81
Foot Elite

If there is a season 6, hope some of it takes place before TJM. I'm curious of how these character dynamics changed.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 04:01 AM   #129
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
If there is a season 6, hope some of it takes place before TJM. I'm curious of how these character dynamics changed.
Craig's maintained that season six is post-Jungle Movie, though he has said he would love to make episodes set during the film to cover the ground he hadn't been given the time to explore.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:03 AM   #130
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I would hope Bob changes with the times and sells iPhones and Androids. Not even in fiction could he survive in business.

Arnold's crush on Lilia being transitioned away and Helga opening up instead continuing to put on a show.

We did not get much with Stinky and Sid. Interesting to see how they developed.

I still do not understand the skipping over 5th grade. It would have made more sense to have been the last day of 4th grade. No way the whole class would have stayed the same and had the same teacher.

Odd having Arnold's parents living in the boarding house. I thought they would have moved somewhere in the same neighborhood. What are their jobs exactly, humanitarians sure, but who do they work for?
Old 12-09-2017, 11:53 AM   #131
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Arnold stopped crushing on Lila ages ago in the series, it's been indicated several times he himself was always in love with Helga anyway.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 12-09-2017 at 03:06 PM.
Old 12-09-2017, 05:50 PM   #132
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Arnold stopped crushing on Lila ages ago in the series, it's been indicated several times he himself was always in love with Helga anyway.
I never saw the crushing on Lila ending or liking Helga back. I do remember a late episode, April Fool's Day he seemed to be flirting with her out of the blue. Interesting developments coming up!

When it states 13 half hour episodes does that mean 22 minute segments orv26 11 minute segments?
Old 12-10-2017, 05:53 AM   #133
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
I would hope Bob changes with the times and sells iPhones and Androids. Not even in fiction could he survive in business.
Here's what I don't get. In the actual series, Bob sold beepers and phones and occasionally other electronics (he was testing out equipment in Roughing It to sell later). The beepers were primary while the phones were secondary. All three have been shown with cellphones (Bob, Miriam, Helga). We also know that Bob isn't stupid and is all about making money. He's a businessman. It felt very convoluted that Bob didn't switch to cellphones fully and other electronics.
Quote:
I still do not understand the skipping over 5th grade. It would have made more sense to have been the last day of 4th grade. No way the whole class would have stayed the same and had the same teacher.
It's rare, but not impossible to get the same teacher again. Them having Simmons for 6th grade I feel would be pushing it, though. Having the same classmates is more common.
Quote:
Odd having Arnold's parents living in the boarding house. I thought they would have moved somewhere in the same neighborhood. What are their jobs exactly, humanitarians sure, but who do they work for?
They're probably still working out the legalities of them being back in the states after being missing for so long. Stella is a doctor and I'm sure she would need to go through a lot of junk to update her license. Both probably haven't found jobs yet, so them living in the boarding house makes sense. Seems finding work would be slightly difficult given the ten-year gap.
Quote:
I never saw the crushing on Lila ending or liking Helga back. I do remember a late episode, April Fool's Day he seemed to be flirting with her out of the blue. Interesting developments coming up!

When it states 13 half hour episodes does that mean 22 minute segments orv26 11 minute segments?
Timberly Loves Arnold is when his crush on Lila officially ends, even though I assumed it did in Arnold visits Arnie. Timberly Loves Arnold and Eugene, Eugene takes place before the first movie. He was paired with Lila for Eugene, Eugene for their school play and Arnold didn't care one way or the other....Helga did, though, but to be fair, she wasn't in Timberly Loves Arnold. Craig said he wanted Arnold to be done with the Lila stuff by the time of the first movie.

April Fool's Day takes place after the first film. He was legit flirting with Helga during their tango. Craig also said that Arnold at that point was starting to consciously fall for Helga. All throughout the series, it was hinted that Arnold deep down liked Helga. For Married, Arnold looked like he was in extreme denial. Arnold isn't a superstitious character, but he did that love origami test 110 times.

I still feel that Arnold's Valentine is a great subconscious hint that he's always liked Helga in some way. I know I've probably mentioned it, but Helga as Cecile did ask Arnold if there was a girl he liked that was smart, funny, and beautiful and Arnold brought up Helga before backtracking and saying that she bugged him sometimes. Something I never caught, though, or thought about, was that he was on a date with Ruth...his current crush at the time. It's surprising that he didn't say her.

Last edited by ssjup81; 12-24-2017 at 11:34 AM.
Old 12-10-2017, 02:34 PM   #134
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
For Married, Arnold looked like he was in extreme denial. Arnold isn't a superstitious character, but he did that love origami test 110 times.
"Married" is what convinced me Arnold loved Helga. Helga in the nightmare is just about to confess she loved him when he woke up. He then tells Gerald on the bus being married to her would be ok.
Old 12-16-2017, 09:29 PM   #136
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I need to re-watch Hey Arnold, I don't think I ever watched the last season but loved the show.

I am not a fan of the HelgaxArnold ship, I don't know I thought it was only played for laughs not that they would ever get together, she was a huge stalker after all. But apparently the whole fandom thinks differently

Anyone know what happened to that Nicktoons crossover movie Nickelodeon announced years ago? Everything else they announced seems to have come out except that one.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 04:31 AM   #137
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I need to re-watch Hey Arnold, I don't think I ever watched the last season but loved the show.

I am not a fan of the HelgaxArnold ship, I don't know I thought it was only played for laughs not that they would ever get together, she was a huge stalker after all. But apparently the whole fandom thinks differently
It's not just a fandom thing. The creator, Craig Bartlett himself, was always adamant Helga and Arnold was the intended endgame.

There would still be bumps in the road during the relationship as they got older, due to Helga and Arnold being who they are as characters (I think the premise for the aborted Patakis spin-off involved Arnold moving away and Helga having to work through her late teens without him), but Craig always said they would have ultimately remained committed to each other, gotten married, raised a family, and grew old together.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 12-17-2017 at 04:36 AM.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:38 PM   #138
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Helga for the actual show really wasn't that stalkerish. Season 1 seemed to show her like that, but after that, they toned her down. The only times you saw her following Arnold around, was usually for some kind of plot convenience, like how there were episodes where Helga was meaner than usual because it worked for the plot of that episode (like Girl Trouble or Biosquare for example).

This is why I hated the fact they upped this in the movie. It felt terribly forced and convoluted that she would walk around with a camera spying on Arnold, but they needed a way to make a video to do throwbacks to the original series. They exaggerated stuff in general, including how neglectful the Patakis were, how bad a business man Bob was when he'd always been about making money and how he used to sell phones and beepers in the show, or that all Harold does is eat. They probably did this as a way to cater to the new viewers.

Oh and throughout the series, it was implied that Arnold deep down knew that Helga liked him before her confession (Married comes to mind) but was in denial over it (he said as much in his confession) and that he liked her deep down (Arnold visits Arnie or Arnold's Valentine, for example). He always seemed to be drawn to Helga, which was littered throughout the series. He would get into her business at times or notice things, like the ep where the group was on a field trip to a chocolate factory, but Helga and Harold were left behind. No one noticed until Arnold did. He noticed that Helga (not Harold) was missing. Even Phoebe didn't notice Helga's absence. There's even one episode (Love Potion) where Helga stops acting like her bullying self and instead of enjoying not having spitballs thrown at him or being splashed at the water fountain, he approaches her over it. She wasn't giving him any attention, negative or otherwise and it bothered him. It's like when Helga chose not to hit Brainy and he punched himself. Ironically, Brainy openly likes Helga.

So yeah, Craig planned for the two to eventually get together and dropped subtle hints from Arnold's side.
Old 12-23-2017, 05:56 PM   #139
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I think Brainy is their biggest shipper I mean if he only likes Helga for himself, he would've been overjoyed when Helga "broke up" with Arnold and threw her locket in the river. But nope; he dove in, retrieved the locket and gathered every piece of the torn picture and piece them back together. That's how dedicated he is! A true shipper indeed.

Anyway, I love the movie. Finally got to see it! I love that Arnold and Helga's relationship progresses after so long. I hope we do get a new season, I'm all for it! Love, love LOVE this show. 11/10 ah love it.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 10:00 PM   #140
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I found the DVD releaze date for The Jungle Movie, February 13th.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Hey-Arn...le-Movie/23869

Tags
hey cuck!