The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-08-2014, 10:05 AM   #21
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

a Final Fantasy/JRPG-style Turtles game would be super cool, then you could play as all 4 Turtles at the same time, something which i always thought other TMNT games were lacking. IDW TMNT's story is also complex and sprawling, something that an RPG type game would do really well with rather than a fighting game. you could learn new moves and pick up items and have an inventory of ninja items and key items like Fugitoid's Journal, the Ashi no Himitsu, etc.

the RPG party format would be great for something like the Slash fight in issues 15-16, where you're controlling all 4 Turtles and coordinating them, or the Koya/Assassin fight in Northampton, or the big fights in City Fall (when Leo gets captured, it would be like one of those boss battles you can't win!). and there could be a cool part where you take Leo through his brainwashing nightmare sequences from issue 23.

i really like Mutant Ninja Anole's ideas, too! the RPG format could do something similar, like the story could split off and follow other characters and have more of a stealth emphasis that would be easier to do when you play just one character, where the controls would be less RPG-like. the RPG approach would also be cool because like Final Fantasy, different characters would join your party and then leave later, like Leo would leave when he's Dark Leo obviously, and then during a Northampton storyline Alopex would join your party, you'd recruit the Neutrinos during Krang War, and then you could have April (who i notice is criminally absent from Icegaze's original character list. shame on you) wielding Harold's anti-gravity gauntlet thing like she does in City Fall. April is also a killer driver, so maybe whenever you have her in your party she can do awesome driving car chase techniques in her van like in Secret History of the Foot.

it could also have parts where it follows the villains, like you have a party with Hob, Slash, Pigeon Pete and Lindsey, or a Foot section where your party is Karai, Bebop, Rocksteady, and Koya. or Shredder, Karai, Alopex, and Dark Leo during City Fall, etc.

secret characters you could recruit could include April's roommate Trish, Woody (who would be a healer character, he couldn't really fight but his ability is healing your party members with pizza, haha), Princess Trib, Pepperoni, and Beth O'Neil.
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:42 AM   #22
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Campbell View Post
a Final Fantasy/JRPG-style Turtles game would be super cool, then you could play as all 4 Turtles at the same time, something which i always thought other TMNT games were lacking. IDW TMNT's story is also complex and sprawling, something that an RPG type game would do really well with rather than a fighting game. you could learn new moves and pick up items and have an inventory of ninja items and key items like Fugitoid's Journal, the Ashi no Himitsu, etc.

the RPG party format would be great for something like the Slash fight in issues 15-16, where you're controlling all 4 Turtles and coordinating them, or the Koya/Assassin fight in Northampton, or the big fights in City Fall (when Leo gets captured, it would be like one of those boss battles you can't win!). and there could be a cool part where you take Leo through his brainwashing nightmare sequences from issue 23.

i really like Mutant Ninja Anole's ideas, too! the RPG format could do something similar, like the story could split off and follow other characters and have more of a stealth emphasis that would be easier to do when you play just one character, where the controls would be less RPG-like. the RPG approach would also be cool because like Final Fantasy, different characters would join your party and then leave later, like Leo would leave when he's Dark Leo obviously, and then during a Northampton storyline Alopex would join your party, you'd recruit the Neutrinos during Krang War, and then you could have April (who i notice is criminally absent from Icegaze's original character list. shame on you) wielding Harold's anti-gravity gauntlet thing like she does in City Fall. April is also a killer driver, so maybe whenever you have her in your party she can do awesome driving car chase techniques in her van like in Secret History of the Foot.

it could also have parts where it follows the villains, like you have a party with Hob, Slash, Pigeon Pete and Lindsey, or a Foot section where your party is Karai, Bebop, Rocksteady, and Koya. or Shredder, Karai, Alopex, and Dark Leo during City Fall, etc.

secret characters you could recruit could include April's roommate Trish, Woody (who would be a healer character, he couldn't really fight but his ability is healing your party members with pizza, haha), Princess Trib, Pepperoni, and Beth O'Neil.
Thanks for the compliment. The only thing that would bug me about a RPG format would be that I Turtles game just seems wrong to me if I'm not controlling the action. Maybe a Kingdom Hearts battle system, or some sort of Hybrid game? Hmm.

Realistically BTW, knowing nothing of copyright issues, I guess I could see Alopex, Koya, Hob and maybe IDW Krang as unlockable characters in a TMNT fighting game. Just as an extra thrown in for fans.

Of course my dream would be a massive crossover of every version of the Turtles in one game, but heh, that's a bit much to ask.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:19 AM   #23
ChosenOne
Banned

An IDW TMNT game similar to the X-Men Legends/Marvel Ultimate Alliance series would be the best thing ever!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:55 PM   #24
Icegaze
Hench Mutant

Quote:

[...]
Thanks for your contribution to the thread, Ross!
I was never really a fan of RPG bar the Pokemon series so I guess that's why your suggestion didn't even cross my mind. But it does sound enticing enough.
I still prefer the usual fighting/story mode game though.

Oh and given that April isn't a fighter in the IDW series I didn't bother to add her. I wonder bout Kitsune though. Would love to see her use some ninjutsu magic ala Naruto. Haha
Old 07-17-2014, 02:28 PM   #25
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

I'd like to see a TMNT game in the style of Super Robot Wars, personally. Or Disgaea or whatever strategy game you happen to be familiar with.

Maybe even like the newer XCOM game if you want to take a more customizable route.

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:10 PM   #26
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
I've been long disappointed that this fan game project never finished:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...436#post644436
(some of the sprite art pics have since been removed or the links broke; I saved the old pics for posterity though)

Quote:

Heh, Ross, remind me to show you the tribute video I made years ago to April's epic urban driving skills.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 07-18-2014 at 07:40 AM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:33 PM   #27
Ninjinister
無問題

I'm pretty sure Ryona's dead

EDIT: That's a joke btw. I just haven't seen her in like a year.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:36 PM   #28
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

There were those cellphone RPGs but good luck actually getting that working easily.

Also that April sprite posted above reminds me of this game, http://mercenaryforce.web.fc2.com/su...sfc/01389.html warning, jiggly boob gifs.

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:41 PM   #29
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I'm pretty sure Ryona's dead

EDIT: That's a joke btw. I just haven't seen her in like a year.
Ugh. I felt sick before I knew you were joking. She sure is/was a talented artist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
There were those cellphone RPGs but good luck actually getting that working easily.
Yeah, too bad most of us will never be able to play those games that were developed for some obscure platforms (or at least I don't expect to, speaking for myself).

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:51 PM   #30
Ninjinister
無問題

I had a cell phone emulator that ran those two cell games, many years ago. It was just a pain in the shell to do anything with them.

The second one came out for Android but the .apk was purchasable directly from the company instead of through an actual 'droid store vendor people care about (Google Play, Amazon). I'm 99% sure the company is dead (more so than Ryona).
Old 02-28-2017, 09:48 AM   #31
Icegaze
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icegaze View Post
I imagine the characters portrayed in Mateus Santolouco's style.
I can't believe I actually got my wish to come true (partially).
I only found out today that there was a TMNT video game that was released during the Summer of last year called "Mutants in Manhattan" in which the turtles are portrayed in Santolouco's art style.

Rad.
If only they could have included a versus mode with several of the characters I mentioned in the OP.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:11 AM   #32
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icegaze View Post
I can't believe I actually got my wish to come true (partially).
I only found out today that there was a TMNT video game that was released during the Summer of last year called "Mutants in Manhattan" in which the turtles are portrayed in Santolouco's art style.
I haven't played it, but it seems like it's one of those cases of "be careful what you wish for" in terms of "Is it a good game?" Sounds like it bombed pretty severely.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:17 AM   #33
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It did. Pretty much the only thing it had in common with IDW was the art style and a few extra themes

Which made things really, really weird for Krang at TCRI with Shredder under his command.