The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-27-2007, 09:06 PM   #1
Spitfire
Writer Director

The Land Before Time

Has the most annoying whiny little kid voice acting I've ever heard. I don't know who in my house is watching it, and why so loud but I want to bash the TV in with a baseball bat to make it stop.

Isn't it a Disney movie? What the hell where they thinking when they hired these screechy little kids. They could break glass with some of those yells.

And didn't they make like 6 sequels? What's with that? You'd think they would have ran out of ideas after 2. It takes them years to make sequels that suck to their other movies but Land Before wastes no time and has a whole library of crap.

Anyone hate these movies?
Old 03-27-2007, 09:07 PM   #2
Roseangelo
Emperor

The first movie is good (I think it's Don Bluth, but it's definitely not Disney). The never ending stream of sequels need to die.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:19 PM   #3
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
The first movie is good (I think it's Don Bluth, but it's definitely not Disney). The never ending stream of sequels need to die.
You Are correct it's Don Bluth. and I agree with both of you.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:26 PM   #4
Jian Zi
Mouser

I used to love those movies when I was a kid. The first one was good, but the rest of them are lame. The first one always made my cousin cry when we watched it together.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:42 PM   #5
Revan
Han Shot First

Sad story... I just watched this move a few days ago with my roomate. I loved it when I was young and I still love it today and am not ashamed of it. I used to cry when little foot's mother dies.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:02 PM   #6
Nightwatcher
Foot Soldier

First one was amazing.

But why add so many sequels and then add a T-Rex to the gang? They are all plant eaters (except Petrie) so wouldn't the T-Rex, who is probably named something uncreative like Rex, just want to contsantly eat them. Doesn't sound like much a friend to me.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:09 PM   #7
Ra
It's my desire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
What the hell where they thinking when they hired these screechy little kids. They could break glass with some of those yells.

Anyone hate these movies?
HELL YES! I hate those movies with a passion! As a kid, I saw one as a feature presentation on Channel Ten and...well...let's just say I only watched the first ten minutes of it by myself before declaring the thing "crap". It was just pointless to me, and it's pointless to me now. Besides, I was hoping to watch Jurassic Park that night and all I got were these cartoon dinosaurs singing about the "big water". Ugh.

And I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed the high pitched screams of theres. The voice for that girl triceratops (Sarah?), MAN! I would hate to be next to her when she screams...

"So. The whole lot of you against little old me? How retarded."
Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:27 AM   #8
Shark
Stone Warrior

Location: In my Wii, playing with my Wii. Playing with TMNT on the Wii. Wii Play TMNT WEEE!!!
I loved the first movie to death. The second one was forgiveable. Beyond that...I wish that meteor would hurry up and crush the damn things. There's a childrens movie for you. The final movie, The Land Before Time: The End of Their Time.

The very reason the first one was the best, no singing. Ever. No one EVER sang. Those are the best movie's of all, when NO ONE sings. Also, the first one was the most violent and mature. The sequal, only the bad guys died. Beyond that, I don't believe anyone died (saw the third, no one died. According to my cousin, who watched the 4th and 5th, no one died. He never watched beyond that, so I assume they either quit killing villians, or they dropped villians altogether).

And my unhealthy obsession for Karai continues...I need therapy...

Enter: Shadow Assassin RP has just started, and still open for new people.
Favorite Sloganizer Quotes: "I quit smokeing with Karai.", "Karai on the outside, tasty on the inside." and "I'd sleep with Karai." Man that Sloganizer can be pretty perverted O.o

Last edited by Shark; 03-28-2007 at 03:33 AM.
Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:57 AM   #9
That Matt Guy
Honey Bunches

I liked the first movie when I was a kid, and it's still ok. The girl that did the voice of Ducky was murdered shortly after the film came out.
That Matt Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 05:33 AM   #10
Shark
Stone Warrior

Location: In my Wii, playing with my Wii. Playing with TMNT on the Wii. Wii Play TMNT WEEE!!!
Probably because no one could stand the super annoying "Yep yep yep!" that became so popular around that time...

When was the original, 1989?

And my unhealthy obsession for Karai continues...I need therapy...

Enter: Shadow Assassin RP has just started, and still open for new people.
Favorite Sloganizer Quotes: "I quit smokeing with Karai.", "Karai on the outside, tasty on the inside." and "I'd sleep with Karai." Man that Sloganizer can be pretty perverted O.o
Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:39 AM   #11
That Matt Guy
Honey Bunches

1988 actually. They've made 11 sequels.
That Matt Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:49 AM   #12
Jian Zi
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark View Post
Probably because no one could stand the super annoying "Yep yep yep!" that became so popular around that time...
I think that her father killed her.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:31 AM   #13
Mecha Cow
Gorgeous and modest too

Yeah, she was killed by her father, it was pretty sad. She was like 6.

I used to like these movies when I was a kid. I remember the first one being alright, but the sequels sucked, though of course that didn't stop me from watching them. Why the hell are they still being made?
Old 03-28-2007, 11:26 AM   #14
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwatcher View Post
First one was amazing.

But why add so many sequels and then add a T-Rex to the gang? They are all plant eaters (except Petrie) so wouldn't the T-Rex, who is probably named something uncreative like Rex, just want to contsantly eat them. Doesn't sound like much a friend to me.
The T-Rex is named Chomper. In the tv series (yes there is one. It airs weekday mornings on Cartoon Network) he lives in the great valley. It was the idea of his parents (who the gang met in Journey to Big Water) because there's a big bad T-Rex (Red Claw) in the mysterious beyond (which I thought was a lame idea for the world outside the great valley considering the dinos came from there in the first place). Chomper is the only T-Rex that speaks (Red Claw and his 2 goons, 2 Velociraptors use signals).

My fave character out of the current movies tho is Cera's baby half-sister, Tricia. She was born in the 12th movie. Cera's step mom, Tria, was introduced in the 11th movie as an old flame of Topsy. Tricia is SOOOO cute!

As for the others:
Little Foot has had some growing up to do. He met his dad in the 9th movie (or was it the 10th?). In the 12th movie he's got some issues still with his deadbeat dad. "At least YOUR dad is around!" Hopefully Bronco will show up again. Im glad Little Foot's GF showed up again in the tv series. I like Ali.

Cera:
She's had some growing up to do as well. She's no longer the youngest (she has some older siblings as well as some nieces and nephews) child in the family since Tricia (who's first word was "Cera!"...cute...) came along. And Im glad they actually gave Topsy a storyline.

Ducky:
She needs more character development.

Spike:
He needs more character development too. He talked like one time (in the 3rd movie) and the only time you see him "speak" is when they sing. Meh Yes there was a movie that dealt with him almost leaving but that wasn't enough.

Petrie:
Last movie he and his dozen or so siblings became adults by going thru a right of passage called the Great Day of the Flyers.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:08 PM   #15
Death's Head
Foot Soldier

Are they still singing to this very day? For, I recall somewhere that fans' frequent complaints pertained to the supposed frequent need for the characters to. . .vocalize in beautiful ways. I'm not sure myself, because I have not watched these movies for quite some time. I mean, the article said fans grow tired of the alleged songs, and that they sould have desisted by now.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:27 PM   #16
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death's Head View Post
Are they still singing to this very day?
Yes... Movies 2 - 12 all have songs.... heck the tv series has songs... every ep has at least 2 songs in it.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:19 PM   #17
kerfootw
Hench Mutant

Agreed. I watched the first one a LOT when I was a kid, I was practically in love with it. Today though, like a lot of the old stuff I used to watch, I'm not into it as much anymore but I agree, there's no way it sucks in comparison to the ongoing stream of sequels that shouldn't have been done.
kerfootw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:48 PM   #18
Mars-Chan
I'LL BE THE HERO!!!!

I would comment, but a WISE rabbit once said that if you couldn't say anything nice, don't comment, so I won't.

*clings to award* THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!! *cries in joy*

RED DAAAAAAAAAAAAWWN!!!!
PROUD Member of the Risembool Rangers!
(icon made by bakergirl69 on glitter-graphics)
Mars-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:47 PM   #19
Spitfire
Writer Director

This one must have been a sequel then because they were singing about friendship.

And that Yep Yep crap was annoying she did that way too often. In my VHS tapes*Yeah I got some of those* I have a crapload of Disney movies and some of these. I got the one where they find the T-rex baby and some other one where they travel somewhere*Wait thats the plot of ALL the movies*
Old 03-28-2007, 11:10 PM   #20
Revan
Han Shot First

They keep popping these things out like television series episodes. Greedy b@$t@rds don't care about their original fans.