The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2017, 12:21 AM   #21
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia
 
DestronMirage22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Pretty unexpected, but if anyone can pull it off and actually make it great, itd be Marvel.
Im sure itll be good.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 05:19 AM   #22
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 14,552
Sounds good to me.

On another note... I wonder if anyone when AM2 was even in pre-production ever so much as sent an Email to Edgar Wright to see if he'd be interested.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 07:25 AM   #23
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 14,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Pretty unexpected
Unexpected? Most of their movies are nothing but comedy.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 09:08 AM   #24
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor
 
ProphetofGanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dub Side of the Moon
Posts: 2,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I'm up for a Super romcom. We've gotten a Super Western, Spy Thriller and soon a Super Horror with New Mutants so this could be fun.
What super western movie has there been? I'd be interested in seeing that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
My Super Ex-Girlfriend!
Was that movie any good? I remember seeing a trailer but I never got around to seeing the actual film

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Luis is one of the best parts. Glad he's back in.
For real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Sounds good to me.

On another note... I wonder if anyone when AM2 was even in pre-production ever so much as sent an Email to Edgar Wright to see if he'd be interested.
I would guess no, I feel like Marvel feels some type of way about him not falling in line and playing by their rules

But they managed to make the first Ant-Man film one of my MCU favorites so I have high hopes for the second one too
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 09:33 AM   #25
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
What super western movie has there been? I'd be interested in seeing that
Logan is a bit like a western.

- Main character is an oft-quiet wanderer, doesn't have much of a set home
- Has a "code of honor", albeit one he has become confused about and ambivalent of
- Used to be a crimefighter, now is a drunk who is forced to revisit his former glory
- Stays away from cities for the most part, 95% of the film takes place in rural or generally unpopulated environments
- Incredible stunts and choreography are not featured, fighting is more frenzied and raw
- Beats you over the head that it's a western by using footage from another western
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:43 PM   #26
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 13,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
What super western movie has there been? I'd be interested in seeing that
Logan is basically a Western in it's themes and the way it's shot.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:47 PM   #27
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Was that movie any good? I remember seeing a trailer but I never got around to seeing the actual film
Nah, not really.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 04:58 PM   #28
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 14,552
People are upset because Wasp has a penis on her stomach:

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/01/...exual-imagery/
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:01 PM   #29
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 13,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
People are upset because Wasp has a penis on her stomach:

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/01/...exual-imagery/
Thanks Andrew, now I'll never unsee it
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:03 PM   #30
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 6,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
People are upset because Wasp has a penis on her stomach:

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/01/...exual-imagery/
People are stupid.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:30 PM   #31
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 11,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
People are upset because Wasp has a penis on her stomach:

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/01/...exual-imagery/
That's too funny.
__________________
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:40 AM   #32
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor
 
ProphetofGanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dub Side of the Moon
Posts: 2,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
People are upset because Wasp has a penis on her stomach:

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/01/...exual-imagery/
Anything can look like a dick; this should be a non-issue.

I hope we get a preview soon, the movie is less than five months away now
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:49 AM   #33
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
People are upset because Wasp has a penis on her stomach:

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/01/...exual-imagery/
Ridiculous.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:52 AM   #34
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,935
This is what they get for having boob armor.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:59 AM   #35
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor
 
ProphetofGanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dub Side of the Moon
Posts: 2,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
This is what they get for having boob armor.
yeah it's pretty wildly impractical. I gotta admit though, I find it kinda hot \_(ツ)_/ and then again, pretty much all spandex superhero outfits are impractical and defy the laws of physics

Plastron, which do you think is more ridiculous: Wonder Woman's boobie breastplate or Red Sonja's chainmail bikini?

ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:17 AM   #36
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,935
Are we grading on a curve?



In reality?
I find both wildly impractical. Titillation, pun intended, is the only reason for either. They exist solely to cater to the male gaze.

People can, and do, fanwank any reason for their existence in a story.
"It shows how good a warrior she is that she doesn't fear going into battle without traditional armor!
"It's her body, and she should be able to just play it however she wants!"

Except for the fact that these are fictional characters who don't actually get to make their own decisions, so both of those arguments are invalid as far as I'm concerned.

That said, what kind of a queer woman would I be if I didn't also like to look at pictures of pretty ladies?

In fiction, it really depends on the artist and the story.
I loved Wonderwoman's bustier in her movie. First of all it didn't have individual boob socks, secondly it at least gave the appearance of being inspired by gladiatorial armor.

Plus that movie didn't focus on her ass for no reason. A nice touch.

Gail Simone's Red Sonja was awesome, partly because at no point did I feel like Sonia was there for me to oggle at. She was too busy being awesome. And when she was sexy, she maintained all of her agency. She was sexy because we were supposed to find her sexy in a time when she was being portrayed as seeking sex.

Overall, I'm going to have to say that I find red sonja's outfit to be the more ridiculous of the two.
But I'm not opposed to either, provided the story they appear in is about more than trying to show her boobs an butt in the same shot.

To bring this back to wasp, that costume design is hideous.
And it just kind of makes me wonder if the art Department doesn't actually know how boobs work.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:47 AM   #37
Allio
Foot Elite
 
Allio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Except for the fact that these are fictional characters who don't actually get to make their own decisions, so both of those arguments are invalid as far as I'm concerned.
Honestly the same reason I can't figure out why people get so upset over topics like this. Like it's a fictional character, them showing skin literally has no effect on you.
__________________
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:59 AM   #38
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Honestly the same reason I can't figure out why people get so upset over topics like this. Like it's a fictional character, them showing skin literally has no effect on you.
I disagree.
They are not doing anything, because they aren't real.
What is real are the artists who draw the characters, and they're doing so for a reason. The artists don't exist in a vacuum, and neither dies their work. The devil is in them their details.

Our popular culture says something about us. The stories we tell, the media we ingest, holds a mirror up to our social mores.

YMMV.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 11:26 AM   #39
Allio
Foot Elite
 
Allio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,912
Granted I don't call a man a psychopath for creating a slasher movie where teenagers get brutally murdered like in Hatchet.
__________________
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 11:53 AM   #40
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 14,552
This isn't "The Iliad," this is "Ant-Man & The Wasp." It's not supposed to be high art and no one of sound mind should or is expecting it to be.

That said, I dislike boob armor. It's not practical at all. It's been proven to actually hurt more than it would help, as it would redirect sword blows (or even bullets, I'd imagine) in towards the sternum.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.