The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion > Collection Photos

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2019, 03:08 PM   #3581
Raph
Mad Scientist
 
Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The Netherlands, Rotterdam
Posts: 1,781
I know it's been quiet again, but life is crazy. I'm getting famous in Northern Europe as the official Dutch Lucky Luke, traveling and visiting Comic Cons. So hunting online for TMNT people and writing them isn't really a priority anymore. Fortunatly another TMNT artist came to one of those Comic Cons, in Brussels this time. And it was none other then Simon Bisley who worked with Kevin on the Body Count comics!
I asked for a quick pencil sketch since he was booked with commissions and he made me an awesome 10x16 Raphael bust which you can see in the Artists alley here. Got his picture too He is just an awesome dude! So glad I met him.





__________________
Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:43 PM   #3582
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist
 
Redrumh2o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph View Post
I know it's been quiet again, but life is crazy. I'm getting famous in Northern Europe as the official Dutch Lucky Luke, traveling and visiting Comic Cons. So hunting online for TMNT people and writing them isn't really a priority anymore. Fortunatly another TMNT artist came to one of those Comic Cons, in Brussels this time. And it was none other then Simon Bisley who worked with Kevin on the Body Count comics!
I asked for a quick pencil sketch since he was booked with commissions and he made me an awesome 10x16 Raphael bust which you can see in the Artists alley here. Got his picture too He is just an awesome dude! So glad I met him.

http://www.tmntautographs.com/autogr...n%20Bisley.jpg

http://www.tmntautographs.com/photos...Bisley%20a.jpg

http://www.tmntautographs.com/photos...Bisley%20b.jpg
Congrats, he's awesome. Was he drinking during the con?
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 03:11 PM   #3583
Raph
Mad Scientist
 
Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The Netherlands, Rotterdam
Posts: 1,781
No he wasn't.
__________________
Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:04 PM   #3584
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant
 
Peter Palmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 375
Really cool Bisley sketch. Congratulations!
__________________
Peter Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:19 AM   #3585
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior
 
TMNTChris1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 568
WHOA!!!! Great grabs!
TMNTChris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:49 PM   #3586
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant
 
Peter Palmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 375
I've been searching for a nice Duncan cover from the IDW series for some time. now. I was happy to pick one up featuring all 4 turtles:

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallery...?piece=1536893

Now if only I could find a good Santolouco cover featuring the turtles...at least a few of them. I think that's next on the wishlist. If anyone has any leads, feel free to give a shout.
__________________
Peter Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 11:51 PM   #3587
Raph
Mad Scientist
 
Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The Netherlands, Rotterdam
Posts: 1,781
That Duncan groupshot is wicked! Congrats
__________________
Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:16 PM   #3588
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior
 
TMNTChris1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Palmer View Post
I've been searching for a nice Duncan cover from the IDW series for some time. now. I was happy to pick one up featuring all 4 turtles:

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallery...?piece=1536893

Now if only I could find a good Santolouco cover featuring the turtles...at least a few of them. I think that's next on the wishlist. If anyone has any leads, feel free to give a shout.
Dude, just spent a good 20 minutes looking at your collection. Great stuff!
TMNTChris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 02:43 PM   #3589
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist
 
Redrumh2o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTChris1980 View Post
Dude, just spent a good 20 minutes looking at your collection. Great stuff!
No kidding right?!?!
Adam's Farley covers are amazing
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 07:52 PM   #3590
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant
 
Peter Palmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTChris1980 View Post
Dude, just spent a good 20 minutes looking at your collection. Great stuff!
Thanks, man!
__________________
Peter Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:16 PM   #3591
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant
 
Peter Palmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 375
Here's a Kevin Eastman painting I was SUPER happy to add to my collection.

__________________
Peter Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 10:19 PM   #3592
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist
 
Redrumh2o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,609
Wow....that's incredible.....congrats!
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:15 AM   #3593
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,929
Great pickup! I had nearly picked this up myself years ago but I would have wanted to get ahold of the pen and inked cover version as well, to have both pieces that make up the completed art for that cover. But I had passed on that as well (not enough funds to go around...) so never made it happen. Congrats on the early painting my friend, there just aren't many out there!
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:34 AM   #3594
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant
 
Peter Palmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by OA View Post
Great pickup! I had nearly picked this up myself years ago but I would have wanted to get ahold of the pen and inked cover version as well, to have both pieces that make up the completed art for that cover. But I had passed on that as well (not enough funds to go around...) so never made it happen. Congrats on the early painting my friend, there just aren't many out there!
Thanks!

It's tough to get everything together sometimes. If I had to choose between the two, I'd pick the finished painted version as it shows what was actually published and displays nicely.

That said, I'd of course LOVE to get my hands on the original pencils/inks to complete the set. If anyone happens to see it anywhere, feel free to reach out.
__________________
Peter Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:50 AM   #3595
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,929
Oh yea, super tough. I'm happy they only did these separate pen/ink on board and copy/paints on paper covers on just a few of the early covers and went back to one board with everything on it. But ANY original cover art from this period is a major get. As you said, this one presents super nicely and will look awesome framed by itself. Those RPG books had some great art.
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:46 PM   #3596
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior
 
TMNTChris1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 568
Beautiful piece!
TMNTChris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 04:19 PM   #3597
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist
 
Redrumh2o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,609
Well here it is.....got it in my hands today. I am very excited to finally own an early E&L page (with a turtle). I have been struggling with the decision to buy one for a while, but as the pages I liked started to sell I figured YOLO and got up at 2am one morning and pulled the trigger. One of my favorite themes in the series is Raph's internal struggles so I went with this one, plus I like the background and toning.

Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 07:39 AM   #3598
MiamiTurtles3434
Foot Soldier
 
MiamiTurtles3434's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Miami
Posts: 111
Congratulations incredible pick up.
MiamiTurtles3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 03:51 PM   #3599
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,929
Stellar pickup!! That whole Raphael book has so much great art, you must be over the moon!

I've also picked up a few pieces recently, here's one of them:

http://cafurl.com?i=23783
__________________
Check out my comic art gallery!
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 07:56 PM   #3600
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist
 
Redrumh2o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by OA View Post
Stellar pickup!! That whole Raphael book has so much great art, you must be over the moon!

I've also picked up a few pieces recently, here's one of them:

http://cafurl.com?i=23783
WOW...awesome!!....idk where you guys find this stuff!!

On a side note.....I always read the panel as ..."could be a turd"...and it always makes me giggle
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.