The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-29-2024, 08:18 PM   #18981
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Old 04-01-2024, 05:37 PM   #18982
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Big CM Punk interview came out today and he had a lot to say about AEW. He said stuff we already knew aka Tony Khan is a clown(He called him that in the interview) and his an inept boss (Punk asked Tony to fix 3-4 things and he didn't)

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 04-01-2024 at 08:16 PM.
Autbot_Benz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 08:52 AM   #18983
ZariusTwo
Overlord

And here is Punk's podcast interview. Two hours worth on meeting Vince McMahon post-comeback, his final memories of Chris Benoit, what he said to Tony Khan at Wembley, what he thinks of the dirtsheet writers and their connections to the Elite, what he thinks of The Rock openly cussing on the shows, and loads more

ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 10:42 AM   #18984
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

Watching it now. lol Love when Punk goes into storyteller mode. I still listen to his Cabana podcasts weekly.

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 10:44 PM   #18985
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Trent turned heel and did the running knee to Orange Cassidy so Best Friends are no more
Old 04-06-2024, 02:35 AM   #18986
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I've got a sinking feeling that Roman's retaining Sunday. Rock just unveiled a "people's championship" belt for himself during the Hall of Fame so I think Cody will end up fighting him for that later in the year.
Old 04-06-2024, 05:42 AM   #18987
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Billie Starkz becomes the first ever RoH TV champion. Mark Briscoe is the new RoH World Champion. Everyone else, including Athena, retains.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 06:41 AM   #18988
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I've got a sinking feeling that Roman's retaining Sunday. Rock just unveiled a "people's championship" belt for himself during the Hall of Fame so I think Cody will end up fighting him for that later in the year.
Really?

I admit that Cody should have gotten it last year. However, I really didn't want to see it again. I wanted what was teased, Roman Reigns vs The Rock! I would also like to see Shield brothers Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins face off. They might be involved with Roman in this tag team match, but I would rather see him face them one on one.

We are assuming Roman Reigns and The Rock beat Seth Rollins and Cody Rhoades which means shenanigans that Rhoades will overcome to beat Roman Reigns in the center of the ring the next night.
Old 04-06-2024, 03:14 PM   #18989
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

If Cody loses 2 Manias in a row, what is the point of all this?

Old 04-06-2024, 06:18 PM   #18990
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by XERO View Post
If Cody loses 2 Manias in a row, what is the point of all this?
Pretty much but let’s be real WWE has screwed this up. It’s almost like at this point Cody winning is just fan service because they feel like they have to end Romans title run at some point but at the same time Cody no longer feels like a guy that can carry it for very long? They should’ve let him win it last year. For me at least they kind of have made the Cody/Roman thing pointless
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 01:18 AM   #18991
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I've been calling it early nights for the better part of two years now and have missed out on some 'Manias, but stayed awake for this one and was rewarded with a decent offering

Spoiler:
First off, the actual National anthem instead of America The Beautiful may take some getting used to at 'Manias....not unless they're going to use it for night two. They still don't get people I've heard of to do any of these though.

Becky vs Ripley, right result, and given Becky's sore throat, didn't expect it to go as hard or as long as it did. Becky didn't let it throw her a-game off.

Undisputed Tag Titles Match in which the tag titles became very disputed. Maybe I'm numb to these match types now but I was more interested in the stories than the bodies being bruised, the night belonged to R-Truth, who played his village idiot role to perfection, giving a new ladder to Damien, trying to pin someone in the match etc. Finn seemed to vanish quite a bit in this match, I imagine that's because of his head injury lately and they told him to take it easy. There was just nothing too splashy from Judgement Day overall.

Rey and Andrade vs Santos and Dominick- More a showcase for Andrade's skills and a highlights reel for the interfering LWO, we didn't need two out of shape NFL stars taller than any of them bailing Rey out. I got real 'Dark Order AEW debut' vibes from that, and not in a good way.

Jimmy vs 'Mid-Event' Jay Uso (named so for forming part of the undercard, not because he himself is mid)- As brother vs brother matches go, this seemed to be lacking something, but then, no match can be Owen vs Bret...but it is the first brother vs brother match to end with the babyface brother going over.

Six-Woman Tag: The streaks continue for Bianca and Asuka at the grandest stage (Bianca for victories, and Asuka for losses), and Jade begins her own streak and got to look like the complete package. Damage Control choking on the big match stage is why I am totally uninterested in the outcome of Iyo vs Bailey.

Sami vs Gunther- I didn't believe too much in Sammi's Rocky story here, as compelling as it proved to be, Sammi has come off so many major prestigious wins and has held IC gold multiple times already that I got a real 'Edge unseats Orton' vibe from this in that they couldn't go with a new star upsetting Gunther in the same match type, I was expecting Gable or his wife to throw in the towel. Ending the IC reign here (at the number of the beast no less) I can probably imagine was done to make Gunther look like the devil himself going forward in the majority of his future world title pursuits. This will unquestionably be his year in a matter of months as we head into Bash at Berlin.

Cody and Rollins vs Rock and Reigns- This took a while to get cooking, and for a brief while I was convinced they were trying to center the attention entirely on Rollins vs The Rock...Cody and Reigns went pretty hard against each other which I wasn't expecting, I thought they'd save the lions share of that for the match today, Roman even got his lips busted. The spear to Rock sets up a possible turn from the great one or an accidental one tonight. Right result.
Old 04-07-2024, 07:07 AM   #18992
mrluck_07
New Recruit

Yeah the main event definitely picked up around the middle of the match. The Usos match lacked b/c they're very similar in offense. With Bret and Owen their arsenal was distinct enough to have a contrast of styles.
mrluck_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 09:03 PM   #18993
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

Totally marked out tonight.

Old 04-08-2024, 01:37 AM   #18994
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Cody finished the damn story!

If only Austin had agreed to appear. 'Taker was fine though, at least he had some connection as Reigns is only the second man to beat him at 'Mania.

A better card than night 1 for sure.
Old 04-08-2024, 08:56 AM   #18995
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Matt Hardy is a free agent he did not resign with AEW
Old 04-08-2024, 04:33 PM   #18996
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Cody finished the damn story!

If only Austin had agreed to appear. 'Taker was fine though, at least he had some connection as Reigns is only the second man to beat him at 'Mania.

A better card than night 1 for sure.
I just finished watching the main events back-to-back. I preferred the tag match of the two. So now can Roman Reigns face The Rock like was teased? Roman did accidentally spear Rock so that can be seeds to what I prefer to see. I also want him to get Seth clean. The two have such history. Those are two things he needs to conquer. Perhaps without the belt he can do more.
Old 04-09-2024, 01:57 AM   #18997
ZariusTwo
Overlord

What did Rocky give Cody on Monday?

Also I love how Seth has always been Reign's psychological weakness. He needs to exorcise that demon and shatter the shield before he faces Rocky, I'm expecting Roman to come back maybe way later in the year or be ready to face Rollins. Maybe he'll cost Seth a WHC match when he comes back fully rested. Could also be Seth faces Drew at Summerslam once Drew wins back the WHC from Damien in Glasgow.

They're not doing a good job of protecting Judgment Day despite Damien winning the WHC, given they fed them like jobbers to Cena, Truth and Miz.
Old 04-09-2024, 10:40 PM   #18998
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

Quote:
What did Rocky give Cody on Monday?
Probably what was in the box in Se7en.

Seth literally lived up to being Cody's "shield". He used Roman's own trauma from 2014 against him and it cost Roman the title. Beautiful f*cking storytelling.

Old Today, 08:59 AM   #18999
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Rhea was injured in the backstage ambush by Liv last week, so she's been forced to relinquish the women's world title.

Miz and Truth received belt upgrades and are now the WWE World Tag Team Champions

Tags
armbar#, silverdome brother, wrestling